[TC] Gaming Forums
Server 1 and 2 trackday/non trackday - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: Server 1 and 2 trackday/non trackday (/showthread.php?tid=34698)

Server 1 and 2 trackday/non trackday - Felipe Jardim - 2022-05-28 15:02

Nice to see track day comeback, but not all of us always want to be driving the side streets of blackwood. Having a track day layout on S1 and a regular cruise layout on S2 would please everyone IMO.

RE: Server 1 and 2 trackday/non trackday - Tommer - 2022-05-29 13:12

To be honest I was kinda bored out of my mind driving around the back roads of blackwood. I just don't find much driving pleasure in it.

The only time I had any fun was sliding the bus around on it but I got slapped on the wrist for that Sad In the end I disconnect and wait a week hoping for a better layout

+1 from me

RE: Server 1 and 2 trackday/non trackday - fWANKy - 2022-05-29 13:50

I suggested this years ago and it didn't happen, people be lazy

RE: Server 1 and 2 trackday/non trackday - Felipe Jardim - 2022-05-29 15:26

(2022-05-29 13:50)Fwanky Wrote:  I suggested this years ago and it didn't happen, people be lazy

Yeah it's not like they have to re-engineer LFS to do this lol

RE: Server 1 and 2 trackday/non trackday - Sebas - 2022-05-29 18:17

Trackday should be, as its name implies, a track "day". It's fun for 1 day, maybe even a week-end, but that's it. The fact that it doesn't generate money forces people to either drive on the small roads, or drive the track for no "profit".

Do we need to make S1/S2 separate, not really sure. We could however change the schedule so that trackday lasts for only 1-2 days instead.

I like trackday, but not for a full week.

RE: Server 1 and 2 trackday/non trackday - Tris - 2022-05-29 23:27

I also suggested this in 2019, only 18% of people were against it but nothing was done because who cares what the playerbase wants I guess ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You have 2 servers, the 2nd of which is rarely ever used, why not just make both groups happy by always running both trackday and normal config every time BL or WE comes around. This would give more chances to use the race license so people who bought it actually get their money's worth instead of spending 10k to drive on a track that comes around once in a blue moon, and you don't force half the playerbase to suffer on a more boring config of the map for a week, I really fail to see the floor in this solution.

RE: Server 1 and 2 trackday/non trackday - KiiT1337 - 2022-05-30 05:13

(2022-05-29 18:17)Sebas Wrote:  Trackday should be, as its name implies, a track "day". It's fun for 1 day, maybe even a week-end, but that's it. The fact that it doesn't generate money forces people to either drive on the small roads, or drive the track for no "profit".

Do we need to make S1/S2 separate, not really sure. We could however change the schedule so that trackday lasts for only 1-2 days instead.

I like trackday, but not for a full week.

Surely agree to sebas, pointless to keep the track "day" the whole week.
1-2 days should be fine, people that really wants to "race" use it in the right day, or the whole weekend in a special ocasion idk, we could sort something out of that.
But keep it like it is? Im bored of just driving tight roads, is good to have some breath out of gas/brake/gas/brake/gas/brake...

RE: Server 1 and 2 trackday/non trackday - fWANKy - 2022-05-30 21:22

(2022-05-29 15:26)Felipe Jardim Wrote:  
(2022-05-29 13:50)Fwanky Wrote:  I suggested this years ago and it didn't happen, people be lazy

Yeah it's not like they have to re-engineer LFS to do this lol

i get the feeling nobody cares

RE: Server 1 and 2 trackday/non trackday - Dino - 2022-05-31 08:22

(2022-05-29 23:27)Tris Wrote:  I also suggested this in 2019, only 18% of people were against it but nothing was done because who cares what the playerbase wants I guess ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yeah, same with my latest poll/suggestion regarding rockingham with >80% "yes" to try it another time.

Just because certain people dislike the map we won't see it, no matter how many people of the community would like to see it.
Furthermore, Ice is so triggered by this map that he even kicked me when I asked on the server "when rockingham?". Epic admin, right? Imagine being a leader of a community where 80% want to see the "shit" map.

On topic:
Unsure. Eventually majority of people will join the more crowded server rather than the preferred layout I assume. I would also not drive an empty kyoto even tho it's my fav layout.

However, there's nothing we could lose when doing as you suggested and we see where people prefer to spend time on.