[TC] Gaming Forums
A unique car for TC Affiliate Teams. - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: A unique car for TC Affiliate Teams. (/showthread.php?tid=34765)

Pages: 1 2

A unique car for TC Affiliate Teams. - Hamster - 2022-06-11 18:14

Hello everyone!

A couple months ago, we collectively as team [6S] have started talking about a very exciting idea in light of the new modding update. The idea is for TC Affiliate Teams to be able create and drive a unique car only available to the specific team. This idea is new and not close to being finialized, but we would like to get the rest of the community’s and TC’s opinions.

There are 3 major topics to discuss.

1. Specifics and limitations of unique cars.
2. Logistics
3. Why do this?

Firstly, the biggest question is what kinds of cars can affiliate teams create? To add mods that are only available to specific members, they obviously cannot be just any car. Our vision is that the actual car itself should have limited power and weight values, for example, the cars should fit into the TBO (XRT, RB4, FXO) group or have the car be based on the real performance of a car (if appropriate). This would mean that affiliate team members do not get an unfair advantage just because they have access to a better car. Furthermore, the design of the car should be appropriate for CityDriving, so no F1 cars and crazy ideas Smile.

The second is the logistics of such a procedure. The team leaders of every affiliate team would be the ones responsible to create and upload their modded car, and thereafter would Chuck (with permission and approval) add the car to the TC system. The team leaders are then responsible in managing who gets access.

Lastly, we believe this would be a great addition to TC as it would not only give more individuality and customizability to every affiliate team but also give incentives for regular players to try and join such teams which would increase the size of the TC community, and improve the retention of players and possibly promote larger-scale events.

If you share our opinion on this idea please vote on the poll that you want this option to be added for affiliate teams, or reply with your feedback.

Team [6S]

[Image: SUFbxXG.png]

RE: A unique car for TC Affiliate Teams. - M6nsh - 2022-06-11 18:32

Chuck probably can't do stuff like that to make it only accessible to team members, However, it's a great idea

RE: A unique car for TC Affiliate Teams. - Petsu - 2022-06-11 18:35

It actually sounds cool and unique addition to the server. When we were talking internally i didn't care much about it, but now after putting it the way you did, it sounds really nice. I've noticed during these years the commitment people make to being members of affiliate teams has drastically declined, maybe this would be nice carrot for people to actually commit in to teams Smile

RE: A unique car for TC Affiliate Teams. - Sebas - 2022-06-11 18:35

What a coincidence, our team was discussing a similar idea not too long ago. Not sure about the logistics of it, but it would definitely be interesting to have "dedicated" cars for each affiliate team.

I would be interested in keeping the discussion going to setup all the rules about it.

Definite interest from Street Obsessions.

RE: A unique car for TC Affiliate Teams. - Vilix - 2022-06-11 18:42

Some things to further add; as Petsu mentioned the significance of Affiliate Teams have dropped recently, and this idea would definitely give some incentive to create or join an affiliate team.

Also, I see some people saying that there's not enough mod slots available and that it's not fair if not everyone has the cars. As we mentioned, these cars won't be able to perform to give a competitive advantage in escaping or copping, secondly. I personally have hundreds of hours of experience in other servers and games where this same idea is in place, and it works fantastically to give those teams more members and to bring in new members.

Lastly, the situation with mods at the moment with TC is that only a certain amount can be added in the menu so that the actual mods available can be controlled. People have had the concern that there won't be slots available for other mods, however I think this is not applicable (not at the moment at least) as there are lots of mods available in the menu at the moment in TC which practically no one uses, and the addition of 3-4 mods makes 0 difference for regular players because its the same as 3-4 low quality mods you drive once then never again and forget about it.

RE: A unique car for TC Affiliate Teams. - Petsu - 2022-06-11 18:52

(2022-06-11 18:42)Vilix Wrote:  that it's not fair if not everyone has the cars. As we mentioned, these cars won't be able to perform to give a competitive advantage in escaping or copping
This as an excuse for no would be kinda ridiculous in my opinion, as there would be no competitive advantage and there are already other stuff not available for everyone at every moment. VCU is good example of that as only members of TC can use it, it gives no competitive advantage but theres still chance for everyone to obtain the possibility for it by being in the team. Same goes for this suggestion, being in the affiliate TC team grants you something nice which does not give advantage Smile

edit: i would actually love to hear any negative feedback with actual reason why it would be bad because i cant figure out any

RE: A unique car for TC Affiliate Teams. - Wax - 2022-06-11 18:55

I support this with every fiber of my body. Everyone is using the same mods anyways, at least it brings some variety to the server and a nice to have for members of affiliate teams, even though it wouldn't be game-changing. Kudos to 6Speed for the idea.

RE: A unique car for TC Affiliate Teams. - A n a n s i - 2022-06-11 18:56

(2022-06-11 18:32)M6 Wrote:  Chuck probably can't do stuff like that to make it only accessible to team members, However, it's a great idea

The owner of the mod can though. Via the LFS forums while uploading it (or an update).
I someone leaves the team, just remove their name from the list. The thing is, the person who uploads the mod can't just be someone at random. What happens if the mod creator leaves the team? That still needs to be discussed.

RE: A unique car for TC Affiliate Teams. - fWANKy - 2022-06-11 18:59

(2022-06-11 18:55)Wax Wrote:  I support this with every fiber of my body. Everyone is using the same mods anyways, at least it brings some variety to the server and a nice to have for members of affiliate teams, even though it wouldn't be game-changing. Kudos to 6Speed for the idea.

clearly this shows that we have the most big brains

RE: A unique car for TC Affiliate Teams. - MercuryDesigns - 2022-06-11 19:35

Great Suggestion, Although I have one question.
Will each affiliate team have their own unique team car or will all the teams share one car?
It'll be a great addition and it'll also encourage other members to join Affiliate Teams as well as encourage Team Leaders like myself to get Affiliated.

RE: A unique car for TC Affiliate Teams. - Latvian Video - 2022-06-11 19:36

(2022-06-11 18:32)M6 Wrote:  Chuck probably can't do stuff like that to make it only accessible to team members, However, it's a great idea
Why not? Not sure how their insim works, but a car could be added to TC and only the team members (On a list chuck and other admins have created) can leave pits using the car. The people who aren't in a affiliated team get the chat message that they can't use this car.

The other solution would be custom access on the mod, but that means only 1 person can manage the list, which wouldn't be ideal.

RE: A unique car for TC Affiliate Teams. - Yukine - 2022-06-11 19:57

As an affiliated team member and a modder, I immediately vote yes to that.

I would find it rather interesting to get affiliated teams to show the creativity of their members with personalized mods, whatever plain or truly customized. Kinda like a never ending friendly contest, similarly to how some show incredible team skins.

I would love to see a display of what affiliates has to offer, it could be a good way to advertise affiliated teams and spice up cruises/meets/screenshots moments.

That would, in my opinion, count towards making affiliated teams both interesting to their own members and revives a bit the recruitments processes that have been taking dust for long for few of them.
Hear by that, make affiliated teams more interesting to engage with.

I would personally take pride making a vehicle especially for my team, with integrated designs that would be impossible to do on a car available to everybody.
It would be both a pledge of being an affiliated team members and spice up the traffic from bland cars.

RE: A unique car for TC Affiliate Teams. - Marty_Deslions - 2022-06-11 20:04

If you were in an affiliate team, of course you would vote yes, because it benefits you. That's understandable. However, we had this "perk" before with for instance the G class mod. At some point it became private, and only a handful could access it. Because of this, it got removed from TC. Because "it's either everyone, or no-one". Understandable. Eventually the g class became public again and was added again.

However, for the team-only-mod thing: I think teams could be more active on the server as far as meetings/cruises/etc to appeal new recruits. Saying "we have candy so please join our team" isn't really the way to go imo.

RE: A unique car for TC Affiliate Teams. - megatronus8010 - 2022-06-11 20:54

(2022-06-11 20:04)Marty_Deslions Wrote:  However, for the team-only-mod thing: I think teams could be more active on the server as far as meetings/cruises/etc to appeal new recruits. Saying "we have candy so please join our team" isn't really the way to go imo.

Agreed with Marty, it makes no sense to provide a special mod to entice new users. Might as well give 100k on joining an affiliate team to enhance their appeal. There are already perks with joining some of those teams.

It would only be fair if every team has a private mod to express what they are about and appeal to new users. But, then its a slippery slope and all slots being filled with private mods.

You could solve this issue by setting a proper process and an objective criterion for a team to become affiliate and gain perks like these but I dont think thats happening anytime soon.

So, I voted no.

RE: A unique car for TC Affiliate Teams. - Vilix - 2022-06-11 20:57

(2022-06-11 20:04)Marty_Deslions Wrote:  However, we had this "perk" before with for instance the G class mod. At some point it became private, and only a handful could access it. Because of this, it got removed from TC. Because "it's either everyone, or no-one". Understandable. Eventually the g class became public again and was added again.

However, for the team-only-mod thing: I think teams could be more active on the server as far as meetings/cruises/etc to appeal new recruits. Saying "we have candy so please join our team" isn't really the way to go imo.

From my understanding the G class incident was not applicable to the situation we are having here. That was handled quite messily, and wasn't properly approved. This idea is to create a reliable, approved system that is maintained by the staff and community.

Secondly, on your note about candy, this is not designed to be a cheap tactic to lure in players into affiliate teams, but as Yukine said, this is a chance for teams to set themselves apart from the rest and show their creativity, their dedication and commitment to a team.

Furthermore, people often bring up that it's "not fair" or that its too much. A team car (that is at fastest at TBO level), will have no significant impact on the normal playerbase in terms of availability of mods. Most people use 5-6 mods MAX, while there's 120+ mods, most sitting there unused, so 3 or 4 cars make almost no difference to those who do not care for team cars.

RE: A unique car for TC Affiliate Teams. - Marty_Deslions - 2022-06-11 23:25

Quote from discord back in May, about the case with the G class:

Chuck — 05/13/2022
well, we wont add a mod just for 2 people being able to use it. either everyone can on nobody

RE: A unique car for TC Affiliate Teams. - Wax - 2022-06-12 08:22

(2022-06-11 20:04)Marty_Deslions Wrote:  If you were in an affiliate team, of course you would vote yes, because it benefits you. That's understandable.

It's not a benefit, it's literally a show car that has no purpose in the roleplaying aspect due to its low performance. It's a nice to have, at most, that's how I'd define it.

I get that people want to try whatever they want, but as others brought up, there are the VCU and HwA roles are private to TC members without providing any tangible benefit, and imho affiliate teams also deserve the opportunity to show what they've got and to get some form of reward (in this case, a totally useless private car made just for shows) for their long-lasting contribution to the server.

RE: A unique car for TC Affiliate Teams. - SIMOX - 2022-06-12 20:38

Problem 1:
1.Team leader uploads mod as custom access.
2.Only he can manage who gets access to the mod.
3.Team leader leaves the team, stops playing LFS, etc.

Problem 2:
1.Chuck uploads the mod as custom access.
2.Chuck never leaves LFS so he can give access.
3.Chuck won't do this because it's too much work.

Problem/Solution 3?:
1.Anyone upload it as public access.
2.Drive it on any server freely.
3.Insim lets you use that car on TC only if you have certain team tag on.
4.Not sure if possible
5.Ask Chuck.

RE: A unique car for TC Affiliate Teams. - Roba - 2022-06-12 21:21

(2022-06-11 23:25)Marty_Deslions Wrote:  Quote from discord back in May, about the case with the G class:

Chuck — 05/13/2022
well, we wont add a mod just for 2 people being able to use it. either everyone can on nobody

As previously mentioned, this is completely different from what is being suggested. And once again, this would not bring any special benefit over others not in an affiliate team, but would open the chance that people within the affiliate team, create a completely new, custom mod with rather low-spec powerband, and it would be only usable by the certain team members.

This is basically a glorified team-skin at best.

To the topic in question, I would give my full support on this, and I'm pretty sure at least Robis would be on board with this as well, so a yes from Team RDSR on this as well.

I hope Chuck would reply on this thread about the problems/possibilities this would bring.

RE: A unique car for TC Affiliate Teams. - Callys - 2022-06-12 22:39

(2022-06-12 20:38)SIMOX Wrote:  Problem/Solution 3?:
1.Anyone upload it as public access.
2.Drive it on any server freely.
3.Insim lets you use that car on TC only if you have certain team tag on.
4.Not sure if possible
5.Ask Chuck.

I don't think ''drive it on any server freely'' would be a good idea because it would take the exclusivity of it, which is one of the advantages.
''3.Insim lets you use that car on TC only if you have certain team tag on.'' i also don't think that is possible, because, as example the cars with lightbars, they could be restricted to med/cop/res roles, yet they aren't probably because there's no way for such.