[TC] Gaming Forums
Forum Hack - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Forum Hack (/showthread.php?tid=34808)

Forum Hack - Tommer - 2022-06-23 12:57

I logged in today with a PM saying my email signature was too big and was resized

Which surprised me because, I never set an email signature, it has been blank for years Ohmy

So someone else has somehow managed to change my signature. Not sure if they managed to log into my account or maybe there is some forum vulnerability somewhere? I've changed my password since.

RE: Forum Hack - Ras - 2022-06-23 15:06

Where is there an email signature on the forums? I'm a little confused Biggrin

RE: Forum Hack - Grizz - 2022-06-23 15:16

Not sure what you meant about email signature.

RE: Forum Hack - Tommer - 2022-06-23 17:57

Not sure why I wrote email signature... meant forum signature.. brain..

RE: Forum Hack - Carl - 2022-06-23 21:43

My memory is not too great but I think it was me that removed your signature. At the time, your signature may have been fine but a lot of the old-timers of this forum used a website called "tinypic" to upload their sigs. That site has since ceased operations back in 2019 and what it did was put a huge square box with their logo on saying it no longer exists, so I removed some signatures for that reason. Perhaps you were one of them I'm not 100% sure.

- if you actually got the PM today.. who was it from?

RE: Forum Hack - Tommer - 2022-06-24 12:44

I got the PM from Bez a few days ago on the 17th but I only saw it yesterday

Someone had set my signature to a giant Ukraine flag and he had resized it smaller..

Not that I have anything against the sentiment but it's a bit spooky to have my signature changed by someone else.. Makes me worry that someone is hacking the forum or at least my account Terrified

RE: Forum Hack - Grizz - 2022-06-24 13:49

Tommer, we will bring this up with the management and reach you with an answer soon.

RE: Forum Hack - Nick - 2022-07-01 23:28

Hi Tommer,

It wasn't just you this happened to, but it wasn't a forum vulnerability. You and other users had signatures featuring images hosted on a historic website that has since stopped hosting those images and set a redirect to the new image you were seeing instead. Hope this clears it up.