[TC] Gaming Forums
Additional COP rule: They must use the Lightbar version of their car. - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: Additional COP rule: They must use the Lightbar version of their car. (/showthread.php?tid=34870)

Additional COP rule: They must use the Lightbar version of their car. - Marty_Deslions - 2022-07-19 11:02

Back in the day on TC without mods, there wasn't an option for a lightbar on your roof, so just flashing hazards and headlights would suffice. Just wear any police skin that complies with the TC skin regulations, and you're good to go. Not really realistic, but hey, those are the limitations of LFS at the time.

However, times have changed.
Now there are a ton of modded vehicles with a lightbar that can be used a police car. There are also tweak mods that uses the original LFS car, but with a lightbar. So you can still have your good old xrt or fz5 or whatever, but with a lightbar. Small difference, but it would really add to the realism of the city driving.

My suggestion is to make it a rule for cops to ONLY use the lightbar version of a vehicle, if available.

Think about it: In real life, like 99% of all cop cars have a lightbar on their roof (with the exception of unmarked police cars).

There is really no good reason of not using a lightbar as a cop, other than "the default car has my fav setup" and "I changed the default's car dashboard to black and I like that more".

I guess I get a lot of negative votes on this, because of your personal preference.
But forcing cops to use a lightbar really adds to the realism. Not only that, but it also adds to the recognizability of police cars.

It is time for TC to step up their game, and adjust the regulations to these "new" police car options.

Ps. The VCU shouldn't be required to use a lightbar, obviously.

RE: Additional COP rule: They must use the Lightbar version of their car - Grizz - 2022-07-19 11:09

No doubt. Voted yes! Thumbup

RE: Additional COP rule: They must use the Lightbar version of their car - Robis - 2022-07-19 11:14

Not all mods come with lightbars on top and original lfs cars with their modded versions also are not exactly the same, like you mentioned already.

I don't think people should be limited down to using only those cars that modders have came up with lightbar versions for their mods. It's not that many cars.

Besides lots of players don't even bother with mods and sticks with the og FZ5, XRT, FXO etc. + Insim police edition cars would become pointless and who would return spent money for them?

RE: Additional COP rule: They must use the Lightbar version of their car - Marty_Deslions - 2022-07-19 11:30

(2022-07-19 11:14)Robis Wrote:  Not all mods come with lightbars on top and original lfs cars with their modded versions also are not exactly the same, like you mentioned already.

I don't think people should be limited down to using only those cars that modders have came up with lightbar versions for their mods. It's not that many cars.

"My suggestion is to make it a rule for cops to ONLY use the lightbar version of a vehicle, if available."

So if a lightbar version of a specific car is available, then the cop should use that version.
Cop wants to drive a fz5? Then he/she should stick to a fz5 with lightbar, or the fz v8 lightbar.
Cop wants to drive a Crown Vic? Then he/she should stick to a config that has the police lightbar.
Cop wants to drive a Duplato? Doesn't happen, no cop wants that. I mean, he/she should stick to the config with red lightbar.

If a mod doesn't come with a lightbar, then cops can still use that mod. It's not ideal, but so be it.

[Image: lightbarversions.png]

RE: Additional COP rule: They must use the Lightbar version of their car - 7mar - 2022-07-19 11:44

Hell no. everyone would have to transfer skins/setups/custom textures to the modded version of s2 cars and thats very pain in the ass

RE: Additional COP rule: They must use the Lightbar version of their car - BP - 2022-07-19 12:02

If in the future the light bars actually emit light, then maybe. But until then I think it is more hassle than it's worth.

RE: Additional COP rule: They must use the Lightbar version of their car - February - 2022-07-19 15:59

That's gonna have to be a no from me considering the fact it's more hassle than it's worth to transfer a every set you got to them plus adapt them to the car to make them handle like they should plus they don't even have use for them but the people that can use them go for it but i think it's better that it's a choice made by the player by it self.

RE: Additional COP rule: They must use the Lightbar version of their car - Baboulinet4 - 2022-07-19 16:10

Didn't vote cause i'm for both answers.

Yes if all mods always comes with a lightbar.

No if it doesn't.

I like to cop with the FZ5 T (and before the FZ30) and none of these cars have a lightbar, i don't like the FZ5 at all and I don't plan to drive the FZ8 which is heavier on same tires.

RE: Additional COP rule: They must use the Lightbar version of their car - Grizz - 2022-07-20 15:11

(2022-07-19 16:10)Baboulinet4 Wrote:  Didn't vote cause i'm for both answers.

No if it doesn't.

I like to cop with the FZ5 T (and before the FZ30) and none of these cars have a lightbar, i don't like the FZ5 at all and I don't plan to drive the FZ8 which is heavier on same tires.

[Image: MEBVADJ.png]

RE: Additional COP rule: They must use the Lightbar version of their car - Driloni110 - 2022-07-20 19:50

Actually we still dont know how the other cars handle and they arent the same like FZ5. If there would be a config for our default car to use the lightbar then so be it. But i dont want to create every setup and try to find the balance in the car when i can use my fz5 and be good with it.

RE: Additional COP rule: They must use the Lightbar version of their car - Baboulinet4 - 2022-07-20 22:26

(2022-07-20 15:11)Grizz Wrote:  
(2022-07-19 16:10)Baboulinet4 Wrote:  Didn't vote cause i'm for both answers.

No if it doesn't.

[Image: MEBVADJ.png]

Damn i'm blind, sorry.

RE: Additional COP rule: They must use the Lightbar version of their car - January - 2022-07-20 23:50

(2022-07-19 15:59)Kentwolfy Wrote:  That's gonna have to be a no from me considering the fact it's more hassle than it's worth to transfer a every set you got to them plus adapt them to the car to make them handle like they should plus they don't even have use for them but the people that can use them go for it but i think it's better that it's a choice made by the player by it self.

what he just said.

RE: Additional COP rule: They must use the Lightbar version of their car - Tommer - 2022-07-21 14:27

Personally I am just disappointed that the majority of people who make mods for LFS don't do light bar variants and set their mods to allow derivatives NO so we can't model in our own. Feels like such a waste of potential

RE: Additional COP rule: They must use the Lightbar version of their car - Carl - 2022-07-21 22:12

I do see a lot of people running a light bar if one is available nowadays anyway so I don’t think this suggestion will change a great deal. But it’s a good point, cops should be as high profile as possible. Like BP said, if they ever become more useful in the future i.e emit actual light that is visible greater than 10m then i’m sure this will be the case.

RE: Additional COP rule: They must use the Lightbar version of their car - Yılmaz Ali F. - 2022-07-22 12:24

Fz5 and fz5 lightbar are not the same tool, and when we use the fz5in set on the fz5 lightbar, it does not look like the fz5.
My vote is no.
But if lfs had such a feature on its own tools, of course, I would like this rule to be introduced.

RE: Additional COP rule: They must use the Lightbar version of their car - Marty_Deslions - 2024-03-31 13:47

Nice to see that the lightbar thing has been implemented.

Tslm Chuck
https://forum.city-driving.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=1370&pid=307038#pid307038

RE: Additional COP rule: They must use the Lightbar version of their car. - KooKoo - 2024-03-31 16:03

It’s great that this has been implemented. However, honestly speaking I think that certain mods which have the lightbar behind windows and grille shouldn’t be exclusive to VCUs as long as the COP is using a highly visible skin.

RE: Additional COP rule: They must use the Lightbar version of their car. - AnansiMaxine - 2024-03-31 17:05

Also, how about making the lightbar mods of the default cars mentioned here permanently added to the server, instead of having many players having them added via the !requestmod command? Just to make things easier (and faster) for us.

RE: Additional COP rule: They must use the Lightbar version of their car. - ThePonczeK - 2024-03-31 17:25

Great addition, it makes alot sense to me that cops should use cop cars.