[TC] Gaming Forums
Taxi vehicle requirement - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: Taxi vehicle requirement (/showthread.php?tid=34984)

Taxi vehicle requirement - Marty_Deslions - 2022-08-19 19:40

When was the last time you saw a taxi with 2 or 3 doors?

My suggestion is an additional vehicle requirement for taxis in TC: Taxis need to have 4 or 5 doors.
For instance, this could be a sedan with 4 doors, or a hatchback with 5 doors.

I think implenting this taxi requirement makes it just a little bit more realistic, so taxi drivers cannot just take any vehicle and drive taxi with it.
In terms of insim: I'm guessing some sort of list of vehicles that meet the requirement need to be implented to the insim.

An alternative to this suggestion is to still allow 2 and 3 door vehicles as taxi, just as it is right now, but when a 4 or 5 door taxi is used, more passengers can be transported, resulting in a higher reward.

[Image: taxis.png]

RE: Taxi vehicle requirement - KiiT1337 - 2022-08-20 15:25

Sounds intresting, even according to the fact that you can literally taxi on a truck, bike, bus and anything that drives, but, moto taxi is a thing, according to few countries, so that kind of bigger/smaller reward make a lot of sense.

Moto tax: Maybe smaller price, faster and quicker, since its less expensive except its dangerous.

Car 2door tax: Just as it is right now, since its the system that is working perfectly fine

Car 4door tax:Expensive tax, but longer rides, like specially from one side to the map, travelling trough the whole map, or, to make it easy, you essentially need to do more than 1 stop for the same passenger, like on Fern that we are right now, you gotta get the passenger at the underpass, then drive to north bayside, then his final stop is at The Villa.

That would make sense and make it a really expensive tax, and that doesnt mean every job will have more than 1 stop, neither travel the whole map, as a 4door taxi you'd be able to take any kind of job. (Kinda forcing to use 4 doors only)

RE: Taxi vehicle requirement - Carl - 2022-08-20 20:47

Good suggestion, I prefer the idea of having a higher reward for 5 door cars but I'm pretty sure there would have to be some manual validation in deciding which cars qualify. I don't think insim could manage that on its own?

RE: Taxi vehicle requirement - Marty_Deslions - 2022-08-21 13:04

(2022-08-20 20:47)Carl Wrote:  Good suggestion, I prefer the idea of having a higher reward for 5 door cars but I'm pretty sure there would have to be some manual validation in deciding which cars qualify. I don't think insim could manage that on its own?

Yes. But I think this manual validation is a 1 time action per car. Once the insim is told a car is A) suitable as taxi, and B) has 2/3 or 4/5 doors, the insim should know it, right?