[TC] Gaming Forums
+ banned for abuse and poor attitude? (Unban Request Granted by BP) - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: [TC] CityDriving (/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Server Administration Tasks (/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+---- Forum: Unban Requests (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Forum: Unban Requests - Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=36)
+----- Thread: + banned for abuse and poor attitude? (Unban Request Granted by BP) (/showthread.php?tid=35435)

+ banned for abuse and poor attitude? (Unban Request Granted by BP) - astraxan - 2022-11-24 05:20

Your LFS Username: astraxan

● Time & Date of Incident:23/11/2022 13:00

● Replay / Screenshot Link:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/iflo3jtq4pktdii/^q^q.mpr/file
44:00 shelby ignores sirens and passes full throttle, crashing on barrier and landing on my car, doesnt ask sorry,
at 44:40 i say to steiner to report him , he say all the incident,
44:52 steiner admits he saw that, but took no action, and not reporting after i asked , shelby, the rulebraker, got in spec mode and stayed there.
● Reasons as to why you feel you deserve an unban:
cause i did nothing wrong, i was told to report rulebrakers and play fair,
i was called a donkey and got banned for that...

shelby had no problem crashing and ignoring sirens, i was banned 1 month even when i asked sorry and was not in purpose, and i didnt cause any problems like crash, every time, from smthing minor an admin usually petsu or bp will ban me , every time for nothing, i dare admin to check, my bans and the reasons and replays, 90% of my bans are cause they bullying me.
outcome: i was banned from petsu for poor attitude and abuse.... for 45 days...

RE: banned for abuse and poor attitude? - Chuck - 2022-11-24 07:35

Is there a replay that actually shows the interesting minutes before this replay starts ?

RE: banned for abuse and poor attitude? - astraxan - 2022-11-24 08:13

what do you mean? thsts the file 18mb

RE: banned for abuse and poor attitude? - Chuck - 2022-11-24 08:17

ok scratch that, i somehow got the wrong one only showing 8 mins

RE: banned for abuse and poor attitude? - BP - 2022-11-24 10:33

Hi Astraxan,

First of all, I understand that it is very annoying when players break the rules. However, there are ways in which to deal with such users. I would generally recommend reading the following page: https://world.city-driving.co.uk/?page=manual&man=dealing_with_rulebreakers

Don't worry - this ban is nothing to do with your !report against Shelby (v i n z). Having checked the replay, I have no problems with your use of !report there. In this case, I believe no further action is needed against Shelby.

The below shows why you were banned. All of the below instances occurred on 23 November 2022.

Issue 1:
This is in relation to the above incident, however nothing to do with your usage of !report against Shelby (v i n z).

You asked your pursuing cop to !report the user who seemed to have ignored sirens. Please refrain from asking other players to !report for you. Players are not obliged to use the !report function, and should decide for themselves when a !report is needed - without undue pressure from other players.

However, the main issue in this situation is that you proceeded to report that cop for not fulfilling that request. Also, when reporting the cop, you checked the "Ignoring sirens" box. The cop did not break any rules, including ignoring sirens. This raised the cop's warning level and could have contributed to a card. This is a clear false report.

Your usage of !report has been mentioned to you before, in the form of an on-screen warning. The text was "Make sure your !reports are fair and necessary". Furthermore, the !report dialog is fairly clear:

[Image: 9FxUYsh.png]

Issue 2:
You told a user "go dont be a qussy" (in this case, clearly meaning "pussy"). This is against the following rule:

Server Rules Wrote:1.1. Respect other players.
Do not harass or abuse other players. They may be new to the game and not know the track or customs - help them, do not insult them. Always be aware other drivers may act unpredictably.

Issue 3:
You were having a disagreement with another user, and you said "dude, you are a rude boy" and "in normal circumstances you would need an abulance". My main issue is with the second message. This is a really unpleasant message to send to someone. This is against rule 1.1. again.

Issue 4:
You said "im watching ur driving skills... no wonder why u fcked my effort". Please do not swear (even if you remove a letter or two from the word). This is against the following rule:

Server Rules Wrote:1.7. Use proper language at all times.
Swearing, insults, racism, abuse and otherwise offensive language is not tolerated in our servers. Insulting gestures (ie "middle finger") or graphical characters will be treated like written in plain text. That includes the use of substitution characters in swearwords.
Please be advised that racism in particular is very harshly looked upon.
Note: The most serious swearwords are auto-fined by the system, but this is only a warning. You may still get banned in case of repeated violations.

I understand that some users may have bad days, but we have consistently seen poor chat-related conduct from you over the past months. You have previously received numerous action for insulting and a general bad attitude. I really hope you can acknowledge that sometimes the messages you send in the chat are not suitable here.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

All the best,
BP

RE: banned for abuse and poor attitude? - astraxan - 2022-11-24 17:09

most of people swear insulting, i didnt insult anyone, all is a joke cause its a game,
so people like you and many more can take advantage of my small mistakes and make them big and dramatic, i didnt expect something else from you. you were always unfair in purpose with me.

RE: banned for abuse and poor attitude? - BP - 2022-11-24 17:19

I don't believe your comments were jokes. The "in normal circumstances you would need an abulance" message certainly wasn't a joke.

This unban request is about you, not other people. If other people are caught swearing and breaking rules, we will deal with them too. I'm not being unfair with you.

Could you possibly take some responsibility for your own actions, instead of blaming or mentioning others? Maybe then we can move forward and adjust the punishment.

RE: banned for abuse and poor attitude? - astraxan - 2022-11-25 06:51

now i saw the screen, i never reported you, i dont know what this is, i only report rulebrakers, and in the certain circumstance i made the mistake to report gunther steiner for ignoring a rulebraker, i thought that was cops job, thats why i checked ignoresirens box in report, how could he brake the rule he was the cop, and i checked it to mention the siren ignoring player... ithought that was easy to understand... i remember getting banned when by mistake passed a cop, and asked sorry even when he smashed on me on purpose and getting banned a month for it.. so its a bit confusing sometimes , the phrase with the ambulance was totally a joke , telling him the exact outcome in real circumstances, that he hould be in an ambulance and me dead, but this phrase can be taken from someone that wants my bad, like in this certain replay, you did a fishing and found the way to accuse me, i mean, i am 36 years old male, why would i threaten somoeone anywere in the world for real? no point, and in the other hand, i think if i said those phrases to offend or insult, those players could and should report my bad language, but in the certain occasion its like the people that dont get the humour, black humour or any kind of humour, as for the phrase "qussy" i wanted to type "wussy" and i misstyped while correcting car route...(w and q are side to side) you can check the replay closer without the think on your mind ~how will i ban astraxan forever~, wussy if you see means coward or not brave... so you can see what im talking about... its not the words... its the way we think.... and you definitely are unfair with me, i take responsibility on my actions always as i always tell the truth, and truth doesnt always gets you out of trouble, but thats ok, i am good with myself, you give what you have, and i give compassion and help to whoever needs it.

so in conclusion, issue 1 ,2,3 i explained, and i declare guilty for the issue 4 that was accused to me from mr BP.

RE: banned for abuse and poor attitude? - BP - 2022-11-25 07:36

The screenshot of the report screen was a demonstration. I typed !report on myself (without submitting) to show you what the screen looks like.

You tell me that you only report rulebreakers, however this is false, for the reasons stated in my first reply.

I totally accept your explanation for the "qussy", and I apologise for misinterpreting what that could have meant.

I still believe the ambulance comment was completely unacceptable. I have already checked the logs of the argument you had with that user, and I cannot see any humour involved in it. If that really is your humour, then you should perhaps censor yourself to ensure that you remain within the acceptable boundaries.

I would please urge you to:
- be careful of the messages you send to others, and how they may he interpreted (for example, avoid telling a user that they would end up in an ambulance in real life)
- generally watch your language (in relation to swearing, and the above point)
- be much more careful with !reports. Please do not ask others to report on your behalf, and please do not !report for things which are NOT against the rules (and do not select the wrong boxes on the report dialog)

If you can agree to this, I will Unban you before the weekend.

Thanks,
BP

RE: banned for abuse and poor attitude? - astraxan - 2022-11-25 07:58

i agree , we have to ensure for the communitys safety and protection, i will be more careful with report and with my black humour, also not mentioning ambulances and hospitals or bandages and stiches, we live in weird years, we dont need anyone to feel unsafe in our enviroment.
thats why i will more kind, and show more affection.
i am sorry for the upset.

RE: banned for abuse and poor attitude? - BP - 2022-11-25 08:17

Hi,

Thanks for your understanding. I am glad we have sorted this.

You have been unbanned. When you return to the server, you will have an on-screen message. This was written a few days ago, at the time of the ban. It was not written in relation to the Unban.

You may rejoin when you want.

Thanks,
BP

Unban Request Granted
Your account will be unbanned shortly. Please ensure you read our rules prior to your return to our servers.