[TC] Gaming Forums
old files from LFS forums - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Community Area (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Forum: Live for Speed Area (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Thread: old files from LFS forums (/showthread.php?tid=35471)

old files from LFS forums - THE WIZARD DK - 2022-12-01 00:21

Hi .
i went to clean up on some old harddrive and stumbled across alot of files that went missing from lfs database and lfs forums.
most of it i think is from 2014 or older.
i basically took down everything from the forums and threw it into a HDD.
in these files i found lynches packs too both the 2048 & 4096 versions.
incredible many skies and landscapes (background mountains etc).
some single track mods , original night ,future,snow,autumn mods too.
accucats trees are missing on lfs forums today but i got the full pack apparently and waiders trees too.
so i am making this post to know if people are interested in these files ? otherwise i will just delete them to oblivion.
i think also daniel-cro´s dropbox files are in there too. (dunno if its still up in his dropbox as i forgot the address)
thought was to make a new dropbox for those only.

does this have any interest?

DL Link to a very messy dropbox. i simply dont have time to clean up in it.
link 1 :(let me know if it malfunction in any ways:
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/x8icx5cqjfh1rox51xtwu/h?dl=0&rlkey=l18dplug43ow56zw1njxi07pd
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/14k47ef2nopyaby/AACsaKCLg8Cy3B5mrWg8Uheva?dl=0
not sure which link works. one of them should though

Dropbox2 link :
the remaining files the other was too full to have:
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/3m3oqa4fet4ufo8194b0e/h?dl=0&rlkey=l4uwjnhysdzwbaz6y679a23g2
again let me know if it fails. thanks

some files may be named (2) or other numbers. they could be duplicates but they could also be different.
jump head first into the dropbox and find out. because i really dont know myself.
i just basically stumpled across them on the HDD, but havent really looked into them as im also behind with other things i do.

heres some of the old adverts so you got atleast a few pics to see in this post:
[Image: BL-ADS1-2.jpg]
[Image: BL-ADS2-2.jpg]
dropbox2:
[Image: UF-Parts.jpg]
[Image: XR-Interior1.jpg]

i have even more files on that HDD.
next time i get around to it. i might have more news about which files that contains.

RE: old files from LFS forums - Carl - 2022-12-01 01:18

No harm in uploading them somewhere if they are still usable and good quality. May I ask why you type each sentence on a separate line? I think you will get more people reading your threads if you at least try to be grammatically correct. I think a lot of users on this forum agree a huge wall of separate sentences is quite dis-engaging and many probably just click away from your threads as it hurt their eyes.

Maybe add some images of the files you have downloaded so people can visually see what you are offering to them.

RE: old files from LFS forums - Minivan - 2022-12-01 02:19

I'm absolutely interested, I've been trying to get ahold of lynce's tire textures for so long now.

RE: old files from LFS forums - Bez - 2022-12-01 02:47

Lynce's textures are awesome. I've been looking for them for a while also.

RE: old files from LFS forums - fWANKy - 2022-12-01 18:24

(2022-12-01 01:18)Carl Wrote:  No harm in uploading them somewhere if they are still usable and good quality. May I ask why you type each sentence on a separate line? I think you will get more people reading your threads if you at least try to be grammatically correct. I think a lot of users on this forum agree a huge wall of separate sentences is quite dis-engaging and many probably just click away from your threads as it hurt their eyes.

Maybe add some images of the files you have downloaded so people can visually see what you are offering to them.

too much drugs

Administrator Message by: BP

2.2. Do not post provocative, outrageous, or pointless messages.

RE: old files from LFS forums - Spark - 2022-12-01 20:10

Let's see what you got. Biggrin

RE: old files from LFS forums - THE WIZARD DK - 2022-12-02 10:46

(2022-12-01 01:18)Carl Wrote:  No harm in uploading them somewhere if they are still usable and good quality. May I ask why you type each sentence on a separate line? I think you will get more people reading your threads if you at least try to be grammatically correct. I think a lot of users on this forum agree a huge wall of separate sentences is quite dis-engaging and many probably just click away from your threads as it hurt their eyes.

we are talking ALOT of files and i dont really have the time to screen all of those.
will update this with a link when uploaded,which i think i will do right now as it seems people could be interested. its gonna be a bit messy as i also dont really have time to clean it up. some are single files i dont know the author off but suspect their posts still exists on lfs forums. some may still work others may have changed files over time.but atleast skies and landscapes are still being used in lfs. so some can be used still.others can be correctly renamed to new filenames. im uploading 114 items right now.

EDIT:
i just filled the brandnew dropbox.
i have to make one more for all of them
EDIT2:
link in top post.

(2022-12-01 02:19)Minivan Wrote:  I'm absolutely interested, I've been trying to get ahold of lynce's tire textures for so long now.

(2022-12-01 02:47)Bez Wrote:  Lynce's textures are awesome. I've been looking for them for a while also.

i have to say i really got no idea if they are in these packs.
but they are now in link in top post

what i do know is some files for fernbay is no longer correct. some changes on the files was made later on and i remember i editted lynches files to fit FE. and i sent them to lynche too. they are not in this dropbox though. but when i find them i will upload them here. chance is im actually using them myself for a mod im working on. so i think they can be retrieved too.
they do look alot more realistic than lfs default i also have to say. lynche did a great job. indeed.

(2022-12-01 20:10)Spark Wrote:  Let's see what you got. Biggrin
top post.

(2022-12-01 18:24)fWANKy Wrote:  too much drugs

whatever you do with your own body is none of my business. but i can tell you i know alot of people who died from drugs so i really recommend you dont do them. as i do not Wink

EDIT:
honestly. i think fwanky´s comment is out of line. being in music does not mean you pr definition do drugs.
when you literally have seen people die on a dance floor. i dont even see this to be funny in any way.
since you seem to interested in being a smartass with these remarks i also see from other tc users.
then perhaps consider to respect the dead 78 friends i had who died from drugs. being a dj in clubs where people does do them. but that does absolutely not mean i do. i hope i made myself clear on this subject. and people respect the fact i DO know alot of people who has died from drugs.
totally disrespectful thing to even say to a person like me!

we dont play music to watch people die fwank. we play music for people to have fun, forget about the daily things even if only for some hours or a brief moment in life. so they can live to see another day. hopefully with a feel of a tiny bit more happiness in their lives. yes, remarks like that pisses me off. because of how disrespectful that is to even say!

RE: old files from LFS forums - fWANKy - 2022-12-02 17:02

no cry

Administrator Message by: BP

2.2. Do not post provocative, outrageous, or pointless messages.

RE: old files from LFS forums - THE WIZARD DK - 2022-12-09 21:53

Maximum Yard

RE: old files from LFS forums - THE WIZARD DK - 2023-04-28 08:14

(2022-12-01 02:19)Minivan Wrote:  I'm absolutely interested, I've been trying to get ahold of lynce's tire textures for so long now.
i stumbled across another pack recently. i think Lynche made 2 versions actually as the file i recently noticed is not the same as the one in the pack. i could have confused it with taddys though which is also a good tire texture.

i am using i think darkones. those are the most realistic i ever seen in LFS.

you can try it if you like.
i made an edit to it which is also in this.
rename to proper name and i assume you know the drill where they go to and backing up old files
Download

(2022-12-02 10:46)THE WIZARD DK Wrote:  what i do know is some files for fernbay is no longer correct. some changes on the files was made later on and i remember i editted lynches files to fit FE. and i sent them to lynche too. they are not in this dropbox though. but when i find them i will upload them here. chance is im actually using them myself for a mod im working on. so i think they can be retrieved too.
they do look alot more realistic than lfs default i also have to say. lynche did a great job. indeed.

as mentioned above there was some files Lynche made no longer same placement on the files.
this was the Fernbay bridges which also uses some frame from kyoto and aston.

this is the files i have installed myself which is an edit of lynches files(with permission)so they fit into current LFS.

it does look more realistic than default.
Download

oh i noticed 2 of them is in 4096 and 2 is not.
not exactly sure why that is really.
if you need a smaller or larger size let me know i can fix that or you could edit yourself to the size you like

RE: old files from LFS forums - THE WIZARD DK - 2023-08-14 16:04

LFS Database Hi-Res Pack available

***NOTE***
these files are very much outdated for the current version of LFS.
if i get time to do so i will sort those files out which still works and perhaps make minor edits to make others fit the current lfs.
if i dont get time to do so. then it is what it is but you have been warned about the files.

LFS Forum thread.
https://www.lfs.net/forum/post/2054843#post2054843

DIRECT Download:
Mediafire download thanks too drifthuseyin

LFS Database was a huge database of all sorts of files from LFS, which sadly went down over time. that is why this pack is somewhat rare today.

some things in this pack i can tell comes from the bobo pack too.
these things were out long time before Lynches packs. i think i got the sound pack somewhere too but need to dust off the HDD in order to find those then if anyone is interested in that.