[TC] Gaming Forums
[COP] Vs Bike - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: [COP] Vs Bike (/showthread.php?tid=35696)

[COP] Vs Bike - Carl - 2023-01-18 23:48

Hello,

This thread is for my own interest. There are currently no discussions or plans within [TC] for anything to change regarding bikes. I am not suggesting any change, simply gathering opinions.

Please use the form below to comment about each scenario, talk about other scenarios if you like, I would love to hear them.

Code:
[b]Scenario 1: Careless/Dangerous driving fines
Should bikes be fined if they are falling down in the road?
Should bikes be fined for wheelies?[/b]
Comment:

[b]Scenario 2: Failure to stop
What amount of force (if any) should a [COP] use on a bike? Should the [COP] simply knock them down or follow until they fall?[/b]
Comment:

Careless/Dangerous driving
There are some actions that can performed on a bike that may be slightly ambiguous when referencing the official fine list. From my own observations, there are no [COP]'s who are handing out any fines to bikes for careless driving because they have fallen over or peformed a wheelie.

What are your thoughts about bikes falling over?
What are your thoughts about bikes performing wheelies?

[Image: ImMrHEc.gif]

Failure to stop / Force in chase
Chasing bikes usually does not last that long, they are very vulnerable to any contact. They can fall over immediately at the smallest of touch.

[Image: Hq8zKXQ.gif]

RE: [COP] Vs Bike - MrX - 2023-01-18 23:57

Scenario 1: Careless/Dangerous driving fines
Should bikes be fined if they are falling down in the road? Subjective.
Should bikes be fined for wheelies? Yes.
Comment: As in real life, Wheelies on the road aren't allowed and for good reason.. so technically an offence if witnessed by say a cop its acceptable that they are fined. As for falling over.. the reason i say subjective is because Example 1 : lost control, bike fell over.. its not intentional or reckless just unlucky given a circumstance BUT Example 2 : Riding at silly speeds, looses control entering/mid/exit of a corner and falls over, slides... causing cars to avoid and causing accidents then yes absolutely that'd be wreckless/dangerous driving/riding there id say its fair to be fined for it.

Scenario 2: Failure to stop
What amount of force (if any) should a [COP] use on a bike? Should the [COP] simply knock them down or follow until they fall?
Comment: Lets Be honest, the bike will fall no matter what haha.. but in real life again force cannot be used and in game if even a sneeze comes the bikers way they will fly high so I'd say if anything using Pressure to make the biker mess up to then be caught would probably be best/safest as it also doesnt create a scenario where theres a another accident caused as a result of the chase!.

P.S, I fall alot but thats due to the lack of skill required Biggrin

RE: [COP] Vs Bike - Adamo - 2023-01-19 00:04

Should bikes be fined for wheelies?
Comment:
Fining for falling down is not good idea imo. Bike physics is still weird and difficult to master for many players. Wheelies are something else, because people do them intentionally and unintentionally. It's risky - so fining for it would be justified.
What amount of force (if any) should a [COP] use on a bike? Should the [COP] simply knock them down or follow until they fall?
Comment: As we can see huge difference between pitting and ramming a car in chase, pitting or ramming a bike has same result - bike falls down and player gets busted because he has no time to get up. In my opinion amount of force should be used adequately to player's driving style - for example if player keeps on going wrong way and/or is dangerous to traffic - stopping him with using force would be justified. However I think it should be limited to absolute minimum, bike/car chase is unbalanced anyway. Roadblocks or slowing bike down from front would do the job.

RE: [COP] Vs Bike - WL - 2023-01-19 00:38

refund Sad Sad

RE: [COP] Vs Bike - Adam - 2023-01-19 01:22

Think wheelies should be ban, but not falling over. COPs can use same rules as with cars, nothing too excessive.

RE: [COP] Vs Bike - January - 2023-01-19 01:30

Careless/Dangerous driving fines Should bikes be fined if they fall on the road?

A simple big NO, Those bikes are not easy to drive and people want to enjoy playing around.

Yes. Because simply in real life bikes got fined for that and that is also known as dangerous driving which leads to many things related to being badly ended.

Failure to stop What amount of force (if any) should a [COP] use on a bike? Should the [COP] simply knock them down or follow until they fall?

Force isn't needed when chasing a bike.

Long story short. Blocking the bike = Busting the biker.

Whatever the cop car is if we put that as an example related to the cars before mods if the cop got UF1 and the suspect got FZ5 there's no chance for the COP to catch up with the suspect, that's only happened if the suspect is a bad driver.

That also works for bikes nowadays if the cop got a good car they can keep up with the bikes. Okay, the bikes are quite fast (That's not fair enough) In the curves the bike will never be equivalent to the car so that's a good point to bust your suspect.

RE: [COP] Vs Bike - Petsu - 2023-01-19 03:39

Comment: As they are much harder to ride than in real life i'd say fining them for falling down isn't fair, unless they are intentionally causing danger to everyone for example, driving full speed in to barrier and flying in to other people. IMO wheelies should belong in same category as drifting.

Comment: I've never had to PIT any bikers and i haven't even tried to (atleast from what i remember!!) as i like fair gameplay and i don't consider it would be fair to the biker as it will be bust 99.9% of time. What i usually do is just try to keep up with them and if they won't seem to be falling over just pull in front of them and calmly try to slow them down. To me chase is success if i manage to bust biker without knocking him over and i fully respect everyone who can actually run from cops longer than 30 seconds without falling over lol

RE: [COP] Vs Bike - Vitas 993 - 2023-01-19 09:38

Fully agree with Petsu and MrX and got nothing to add :duck:

RE: [COP] Vs Bike - Grizz - 2023-01-19 13:53

Comment: Bikes are pretty hard to control (it's lfs physics lol), you have to dedicate a few hours driving them in order to start controlling them decently. I don't think that is fair to fine drivers for falling with bikes. Also, wheelie should be fined the same as drifting IMO.

Comment: Bikes are extremely fragile (as in real life). IMO cops should just wait for them to fall - or end up crashing with other players, whatever.

RE: [COP] Vs Bike - Dino - 2023-01-20 10:08

Comment:
No, press LeL LeL LeL Biggrin Biggrin Biggrin HhHhhHhhH''' bind and move on.

Comment:
Hmm, not sure. Probably tending to following until they fall and blocking them rather than knocking them down, especially at high speed.

RE: [COP] Vs Bike - THE WIZARD DK - 2023-01-20 11:39

Comment:
i see this sort of like. having fun vs skills.
careless/dangerous driving should be fined in my opinion.
however some may be complete rookies(like myself) and we all know the steering on bikes can take over by itself in some instances. so perhaps with a window towards if you know the person driving is new to bikes.

falling on the road.
i would see this as an accident, perhaps not in a chase as that would be a getaway fail.

wheelies.
depends on bike and again if the driver is rookie with bikes.
i sometimes unwantedly go wheelie on bikes like vulcan. E.G.

Comment:
if the driver fails to stop for police. thats a given they will be chased.
amount of force is tricky i think.
depending on if the driver is literally trying to hit oncoming traffic or other things obviously on purpose to damage or be of danger to others.
in case they continue. i would say knock em down as i have actually seen this in real life.
even though i probably would be smashed to bit myself. but hey..
when fined you still can !getup. or call a tow.

but as a first i would say follow.
or maybe light (as in really light) tabs on the rear. as this would be what police would most likely do irl too. hitting the rear wheel straight on is not as dangerous as knocking them over in a sense.
or as Dino say above. maybe more cops could form a road block or just blok them. they dont really have reverse so that is possible.
but i think this is a tricky one to figure out pr say.
maybe when steering issues are better with bikes i may change my mind here.

EDIT: now i just noticed heavykick made an emergency braking in the roundabout in Carls gif.
thats also shows that is possible although can be extremely hard in some instances to even do.

p.s.
driving a bike with kb no help. is literally not easy at all.. speaking from experience.

most of these are probably show offs from bikers. like ghostrider who eventually got caught by police too.

i dont support this kind of driving. and the best teaching they would get from me irl is i open the door.
my friend did this to a biker. i dont think he ever drives like that again. i dont get why those vids are not age restricted on YT either. putting peoples lives at risk and bragging about it. is really not my thing.

RE: [COP] Vs Bike - Felipe Jardim - 2023-01-21 00:05

Most cops here in the USA just follow as much as possible and wait until biker wreck themselves

RE: [COP] Vs Bike - Misterviin - 2023-01-21 21:34

Comment: Falling over is skill issue. Wheelie is careless driving fine.

Comment: Yes, force should be used on them, in real life force is used too: https://youtu.be/myu_UoswadI?t=49

RE: [COP] Vs Bike - Greg - 2023-01-21 22:01

Comment:1st question not really because it's skill isuue, it's like driving in rl with bike, on beginning u gonna fall and those falls gonna lern you something.
2nd question 100% fine

Comment: Cops should try for example 5 mins do not even try to touch him, if driver of bike falls within those 5 mins police should not bust him let him run but after those 5 mins full power

RE: [COP] Vs Bike - Vercetti87 - 2023-01-28 18:54

Perfect: The motorist was stealing a bank with hostages. He demanded a bike to escape and police give him one. The result is the following: