[TC] Gaming Forums
TC Event Suggestion - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: TC Event Suggestion (/showthread.php?tid=358)

TC Event Suggestion - Lewis - 2011-10-23 16:41

First, i know it itsnt about the insim or the main server but it is to do with TC.

So away, what about a drift comptetition ?

Basically, 1 or a few laps of a drift track (or a main track) and who ever does it in the best time AND does the best drifting wins.
Points are deducted for spinning out and/or hitting things.

No members of Drift Beasts aloud Biggrin

RE: TC Event Suggestion - Makee - 2011-10-23 17:06

(2011-10-23 16:41)Lewis Wrote:   No members of Drift Beasts aloud Biggrin

i think who ever wants to join TC events is free to join?

RE: TC Event Suggestion - BP - 2011-10-23 17:14

That's sort of suggesting a race event and saying [TC]s aren't allowed in. Tongue

RE: TC Event Suggestion - McGherkin - 2011-10-23 17:15

Does nobody get the joke? XD

I think if they are allowed to join they should have their own class though Biggrin

RE: TC Event Suggestion - Lewis - 2011-10-23 17:19

(2011-10-23 17:06)Makee Wrote:  

i think who ever wants to join TC events is free to join?

It was i joke make, thats why i put a smily face !

RE: TC Event Suggestion - Speed - 2011-10-23 19:14

Quote:and who ever does it in the best time

RE: TC Event Suggestion - Turkey - 2011-10-23 20:00

A drift event is worth thinking about, but I wouldn't time it. Problem is, the people who can drift best aren't going to get the best times. Going sideways looses a you a lot of time, especially up the straits.

Drifting can still be measured in points though.

RE: TC Event Suggestion - Knight - 2011-10-23 20:02

I think you need to go to DB comps and find out how there Judged. Speed, Line & Angle.
Spin out = 0
Raping objects is deduction of points

RE: TC Event Suggestion - Crazy - 2011-10-23 20:34

Real drifting takes into account 4 things that Wolf told me a while ago but speed is one of them.

I think it's speed, angle, throttle, and line. So yes, speed is actually a factor in real drift events.

RE: TC Event Suggestion - Turkey - 2011-10-23 20:51

I'm aware speed is a factor that judges take into consideration in real drift events, but there's no reason to time peoples laps on LFS because the point systems work out the total for you.

I assume the point systems I've seen on drift servers take speed into consideration?
Basically, what I was trying to say is if time was the main factor in a drift event, you wouldn't see much high angle drifting and smoke.

RE: TC Event Suggestion - Crazy - 2011-10-23 21:06

I see where you're coming from Turkey, I wouldn't mind speed not being used in the point scoring. It would make for higher angle drifting and wider lines, so it would be more interesting.

However if it's a twin event, like the Drift Beasts used to run, then speed is important or else you'll be passed, or lose the person in front of you. If it's just single runs, I'm kind of torn between the two options.

RE: TC Event Suggestion - Turkey - 2011-10-23 21:17

"Drifting competitions are judged based on line, angle, speed, amount of smoke, and show factor"

That's what I found on Wiki. Another thing to consider - the time you set on a lap isn't 100% dependent on your average speed around the track - someone may take line that is less in length, but maintain the same speed as you. They would set a faster time around that corner, even though you were travelling at the same speed, right? Strictly speaking, does that mean the time you set isn't a factor in drifting, since it doesn't accurately represent the average speed you were travelling? Hmm.

RE: TC Event Suggestion - Crazy - 2011-10-23 21:20

Yeah it's really a toss-up in my opinion. More speed results in worse, tighter lines, and less speed results in wider, better lines with higher angle drifting.

I think Wolf's input would really help for suggestions.

RE: TC Event Suggestion - Turkey - 2011-10-23 21:23

(2011-10-23 21:06)Crazy Wrote:  I see where you're coming from Turkey, I wouldn't mind speed not being used in the point scoring. It would make for higher angle drifting and wider lines, so it would be more interesting.

However if it's a twin event, like the Drift Beasts used to run, then speed is important or else you'll be passed, or lose the person in front of you. If it's just single runs, I'm kind of torn between the two options.

Yeah, that's definitely true. One of the objectives in twin drifting, when you're behind, is to get as close as possible or even overtake the person on front, as long as it doesn't interfere with their drift. And if you're in front, gaining a big distance from the person behind you would score in your favor. So I agree, the factor of speed is probably more important in twin drifting, than in solo drifting.
Haha, yeah, where's Wolf when you need him.

RE: TC Event Suggestion - McGherkin - 2011-10-23 21:57

One idea would be to have two lines of posts, one behind the other, in a clipping zone. Point scored for each one of the posts on the inside line you hit, points removed for ones on the outside line. But then that's pretty much Wolf's level of drifting.

I don't know how the point scoring works in LFS, unless you have the system above, and measure entry speeds.

Oh and some IRL events judge transitions too.

RE: TC Event Suggestion - Malibu - 2011-10-23 22:57

There's insims for this kinda stuff..

RE: TC Event Suggestion - =WOLF=[NO] - 2011-10-24 02:35

Here I am Tongue

Insim does not count line in to the points, so going arab on straights, totaly off the ideal line and so wide you almost stop can produce a high scoore.

The only way imo is to have a part of track marked with cliping zones, and have a judge or three to determin scoore.

Usual way to do it, is to let the drivers do two runs each, and be scoored for angle(as wide as possible without any unessasary corrections)/line(close to cliping zones without hitting objects)/style(throttle/break/ebrake usage+general agressivety and car controll).
Highest scored run is the final qual scoore, if a draw, the seccond run come into play.

By the determined qualifying list, there will be a top 32, 16, 8, or 4, top qualifyer vs bottom qualifyer aso.

In Battles there will be two runs each heat, swaping lead car.
Lead car should try to do a convincing qual line/run, and chase car should try matching angle/line/speed, and staying close. from the two runs the judges will call a winner, but if in dubt, a OMT will be called(one more time).
Winners of each heat will advance to next elimination round, this will go on until a winner is called Smile

Regarding my inputs: Insim has NOTHING to do with drifting, it just inform you that you know how to lose traction xD
Doing a lap on a track, will take tiiiime, since I guess there will be alot of drifters atending, witch also will indicate alot of laps ran.

If any more questions, shoot away Tongue

RE: TC Event Suggestion - Stevo - 2011-10-24 10:01

When I started LFS in demo mode when XRT was in demo, I joined a team called SPTR. We had a drift racing server, where basically it was racing 2 or 3 laps has to be a drift round all corners and first across the line wins. Did work quite well but just had the few idiots who could not drift or just raced normal, who just got kicked.

As Wolf said, about sections with clipping points. What about having a 'start' and 'finish' check point so they can be timed too?

RE: TC Event Suggestion - Turkey - 2011-10-24 12:43

Thanks for the input Wolf. Looks like a judge or a panel of judges and some marked out clipping points would be the way to go then, given how drifting insims work.