[TC] Gaming Forums
[Implemented] Increased earnings for jobs - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: [Implemented] Increased earnings for jobs (/showthread.php?tid=35921)

Pages: 1 2

Increased earnings for jobs - Vilix - 2023-02-27 15:18

I'm not sure if this has been brought up before, but the current money system needs to be changed.

Currently driving a restricted XFG (that costs max 3k) for an hour can earn you 5,000 euros (roughly) if you're a dedicated farmer. However, for instance in Rockingham completing the Grand Tour bus route which takes 20-25minutes earns you 360 euros (if renting the bus). Delivering 4600kg of cargo with a line runner (that costs 55 to 60k) or other large truck takes an average time of 10minutes with loading, unloading and travelling, and this earned me 36 euros... 36 measly euros. I don't do TAXI jobs because I've heard they're equally horrendous with pay.

I can't be the only one who thinks this entire TC economy system is completely flawed. I understand that the game is old and this system has been in place for years, but with the introduction of mods and respective roles that were created due to them, wouldn't it make more sense to prioritize those jobs?

Not only is it more logical from a roleplaying "city driving" point of view to have actual real-life jobs pay good money, but it would also improve the atmosphere of the server all around. Rather than seeing a train of xfg's going in circles and circles in the oval, you'd see more vans, trucks, buses and taxis ect. People can still drive their restricted cars to earn money, but at the very least the people who wish to have some fun with the jobs should also be able to earn AT MINIMUM close to what the restricted cars are earning. Earning 360 euros for a 25minute bus route in comparison to earning 2-2.5k in that same time with a restricted xfg is ridiculous.

And before everyone who drives restricted cars gets mad, I'm not suggesting lowering the earnings even more (with the recent nerf) for slow cars. I'm only saying that the people who don't wish to drive in circles for 4 hours at 80kph have the option to have fun with cool jobs and still be able to earn more than the average Tesco cashier.

Chuck of all people will obviously know best how implementing this would actually play out, but surely you can realize there's some good points to what I'm saying. And this is not a singular opinion, I've discussed this with many other regular players and the majority have agreed. So please consider it, and don't let this suggestion go ignored.

RE: Increased earnings for jobs - Levi - 2023-02-27 15:37

Absolutely agree with this idea.

Earning while driving currently, should stay as it is, as it has been good since the server launched, and it still is. The jobs such as taxiing, cargoshipping, busing, have all been implemented with the idea of testing them out and seeing how they work. They work wonderfully and it's awesome that every part of them requires some due dilligence, but just as <Vilix> said, they pay pretty horrible in comparison to driving.
Sure, it shouldn't make necessarily more than driving itself, but it's a pity that it basically earns nothing. As Vilix said, for example, the line runner can do jobs of 30-50eur/10min, it would make sense for somebody who loves trucking, to invest and buy the actual truck and make more than that, atleast to be situated near the "restriction-farming" income.
It has been proven that there can be many jobs and many types of income, it's just the sad reality that we've realistically come to accept that farming a restricted uf/xf is the best way. Make jobs pay better than they are at the moment, so people who love the taxi/cargo/bus idea, can do t/c/b without the thought that they will eventually have to work 5 hours to achieve what they would have if they drove 1 hour of restricted driving.

RE: Increased earnings for jobs - Ras - 2023-02-27 17:44

Very simply put, i agree with this suggestion.

RE: Increased earnings for jobs - ThePonczeK - 2023-02-27 19:07

100% Agree with this.

RE: Increased earnings for jobs - Spark - 2023-02-27 20:24

I agree!

RE: Increased earnings for jobs - Dizzle - 2023-02-27 21:39

Income restructure and server wipe?

RE: Increased earnings for jobs - Veetoo - 2023-02-28 00:08

I Agree, It will be more enjoyable if you have good returner with other ways to earn money.

RE: Increased earnings for jobs - Felipe Jardim - 2023-02-28 04:32

+1
100% agree. Bus, freight and taxi incomes should be equivalent to driving for the same amount of time involved at the bare minimum, if not slightly more profitable than just farming.
Example , if driving for 10 mins @ +5 income generates 800 euros, you should get the same doing a 10 minute bus route or delivering 10 mins worth of cargo (payment and driving income combined obviously) A lot more roleplaying would be happening in the server.

seeker Wrote:Income restructure and server wipe?
how dare you!!!! get that negativity out of here!!!!! don't make jesus weep.

RE: Increased earnings for jobs - Ghutra - 2023-02-28 04:39

money bad bruh
Bicycle +9/+10 gone
GX Buggy +7/+8 gone
Income capped at +5 even tho there are vehicles that reach +6 but who would want that

jokes aside, I agree with the price changes except for taxi fares. I think those are fine priced as is.

RE: Increased earnings for jobs - 7mar - 2023-02-28 14:32

bring +6 back for vanilla cars atleast

RE: Increased earnings for jobs - Petsu - 2023-02-28 16:33

(2023-02-27 21:39)Dizzle Wrote:  Income restructure and server wipe?
sounds fun lets go

RE: Increased earnings for jobs - Marty_Deslions - 2023-02-28 18:49

I dont agree with increasing the income for cars, to more than +5.

But jobs (especially delivery jobs) need to pay more.

If you want to earn fast money, you work, you don't just drive in circles.

RE: Increased earnings for jobs - Felipe Jardim - 2023-02-28 19:03

(2023-02-28 16:33)Petsu Wrote:  
(2023-02-27 21:39)Dizzle Wrote:  Income restructure and server wipe?
sounds fun lets go

Broke bois need not comment!!!

RE: Increased earnings for jobs - fWANKy - 2023-02-28 19:42

yes please wipe tc servers from lfs server list

RE: Increased earnings for jobs - Carl - 2023-02-28 20:05

In my own opinion I agree there could be an increase for some jobs. Trucking is pretty low.

It'll have to be carefully thought in order to not disrupt the balance (causing a big truck farming fest) but I think some of the jobs can be buffed up a bit.

RE: Increased earnings for jobs - SIMOX - 2023-02-28 23:03

(2023-02-28 20:05)Carl Wrote:  It'll have to be carefully thought in order to not disrupt the balance (causing a big truck farming fest) but I think some of the jobs can be buffed up a bit.

Ye because gx-buggy farming fest on blackwood rally stage is better.

RE: Increased earnings for jobs - Carl - 2023-02-28 23:04

(2023-02-28 23:03)SIMOX Wrote:  
(2023-02-28 20:05)Carl Wrote:  It'll have to be carefully thought in order to not disrupt the balance (causing a big truck farming fest) but I think some of the jobs can be buffed up a bit.

Haha.. well I can't agree with that, but that is a good example of the problem it can create if there is an unbalance.

RE: Increased earnings for jobs - Gegg - 2023-03-01 00:07

+1 Atleast freight jobs

RE: Increased earnings for jobs - KiiT1337 - 2023-03-05 03:29

(2023-02-28 23:04)Carl Wrote:  
(2023-02-28 23:03)SIMOX Wrote:  

Haha.. well I can't agree with that, but that is a good example of the problem it can create if there is an unbalance.

The real unbalance on there is that buggy/bikes had income too high, then people just set 50% of +6 = +9, those +6 vehicles should be brought down to 5/4, instead of nerf every single piece of moving thing to +5max.

RE: Increased earnings for jobs - Chuck - 2023-03-06 06:52

The real problem here is to find reliable numbers. Numbers that show how big or small the imbalance is. Like what job pays how much per hour.

Simply comparing oneself with what money-farmers can make theoretically isn't a good approach. I mean, the +5 limit on the income was the perfect measure to tackle that money farming.

My current view on these things:

- Taxi pays out nicely, the fares may not be that high, but combined with what you earn by the constant driving, you earn quite something. Plus: You have a very little investment to start: Licence + taximeter = 3k only

- Buses pay out somewhat ok. On Weston, the driving income was ~50% the total earnings so using a rented vehicle halfs the pay-out. But that's ok. There must be a trade-off when using rented vehicles.

- Cargo jobs probably have the worst pay-out. Not just because the contract itself often just pays about 30€. The much bigger factor here is the long loading/unloading time where you cannot drive and thus have less time to earn money by driving.

If there is something to do than cargo needs to be paid more, and a little addition to busing may also be appropriate. Bearing in mind both jobs have a high starting investment to make. But this isn't chiselled in stone yet, I need to collect more reliable info on the current incomes. You can help on that if you want.