[TC] Gaming Forums
Perks for police motorbikers - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: Perks for police motorbikers (/showthread.php?tid=36084)

Pages: 1 2

Perks for police motorbikers - Hamster - 2023-04-10 21:10

Hello everyone,

I am writing about adding some perks for police motorbikers during the chase.
More and more people like to drive motorbikes as police officers. It's a lot of fun once you learn to drive it. Chasing other motorcyclists, PITting them, also cars is not an easy job but very satisfying.
It requires much more focus and effort than chasing with a car.
Therefore, together with the motorcyclists community, I would like to propose some perks to give to police motorcyclists during the chase:

- 2x faster !getup after falling down (people often drive into motorbikes, PIT them, and sometimes you can't "cleanly" PIT the suspect and you fall down...!getup lasts too long when a motorbike or a car escapes you... every second counts here),

- the ability to join the same chase at least 2 times as a police motorbiker (because you fell down, probably because of a crash with someone who ignores the sirens or the above-mentioned PIT which also ended with your fall down and there is a chance that you didn't catch up after him after too long !getup),

- optionally higher fines for catching the suspect while you are in a motorbike due to the much higher level of difficulty to achieve this (here to be agreed how much higher but rather not much).

All these perks would encourage more people to learn how to drive motorbikes and more and more police motorbikers, which would be a variety and an interesting option for earning.
I think everyone would benefit from it.

What do you think about this? Feedback welcome!

RE: Perks for police motorbikers - The RazeR - 2023-04-10 21:23

I think that this is a great idea. Cuz i don't even know how to cop with bike and that's supposed to be harder than copping with car soo yeah i hope this will be taken as good idea and will be added.

RE: Perks for police motorbikers - PauliusNa - 2023-04-10 21:53

Give it at least a try Tongue

RE: Perks for police motorbikers - Heavy - 2023-04-10 21:57

what hamster said + emp/slap gun vs cars xD

RE: Perks for police motorbikers - BarbecuedPossum - 2023-04-10 22:31

Good ideas W00t

RE: Perks for police motorbikers - RevLeon - 2023-04-11 06:28

+1 great ideas, it would be good for the people who like to use bikes.

RE: Perks for police motorbikers - ThePonczeK - 2023-04-11 08:04

Great idea, even if you are the best rider you will still fall over many times, so this makes sense.

RE: Perks for police motorbikers - Marty_Deslions - 2023-04-11 08:08

I only agree with the 2x faster getup perk.

RE: Perks for police motorbikers - Vilix - 2023-04-11 08:53

I voted No because the majority of those ideas are unnecessary. The 2x getup speed I might agree with, but the rest such as higher fines etc I don't think is a good idea. Everyone knows biking is difficult, but that doesn't mean it should get preferential buffs. In real life, a biker cop would struggle equally as much vs. an actual car. Joining a chase 2 times is also weird in my opinion. Getting knocked over by random people during a chase is a risk you take when choosing to cop as a biker, shouldn't mean you get extra tries to chase twice.

RE: Perks for police motorbikers - South - 2023-04-11 09:20

That will be fun. Lets do that

RE: Perks for police motorbikers - Emir - 2023-04-11 09:24

logical and good idea, I think it should be put forward

RE: Perks for police motorbikers - TKGX - 2023-04-11 09:34

All for it. Driving a motocycle is hard enough but if you do chases in it, it could get annoying stuff like long !getup

RE: Perks for police motorbikers - Deaky - 2023-04-11 09:45

It's informed risk to bring bike to a car chase.
I agree with Vilix, no need for higher fines or joining 2 times. Faster getup for police bikers yes, so it's not over instantly they fall over.

RE: Perks for police motorbikers - SIMOX - 2023-04-11 10:49

What if instead of higher fines, you could bust the suspect in less time. 3 seconds instead of 5.

Also we could argue that driving a car in LFS is way easier than in real life. If you ever played beamng you know that slightest tap and you could wreck your car. With bikes its quite the oposite situation on LFS. They arent that far of from realism like cars. So having few more joins same chase wouldnt really give unfair advantage (against cars, it might be unfair against bike suspects). Faster getup could be usefull if you won't get send OOB in the first place by some WW monke. Thats where second join is usefull.

RE: Perks for police motorbikers - RevLeon - 2023-04-11 13:22

(2023-04-11 10:49)SIMOX Wrote:  What if instead of higher fines, you could bust the suspect in less time. 3 seconds instead of 5.

Also we could argue that driving a car in LFS is way easier than in real life. If you ever played beamng you know that slightest tap and you could wreck your car. With bikes its quite the oposite situation on LFS. They arent that far of from realism like cars. So having few more joins same chase wouldnt really give unfair advantage (against cars, it might be unfair against bike suspects). Faster getup could be usefull if you won't get send OOB in the first place by some WW monke. Thats where second join is usefull.

Great points +1 for faster bust on bike and 2 joins i think is ok considering how people on tc drive compared to real life.

RE: Perks for police motorbikers - Hamster - 2023-04-11 13:24

(2023-04-11 10:49)SIMOX Wrote:  What if instead of higher fines, you could bust the suspect in less time. 3 seconds instead of 5.

Yeah, good idea

RE: Perks for police motorbikers - Deaky - 2023-04-11 13:41

I can see it being abused by cars doing the hard work boxing the suspect and then bike would just stay close for a lot faster bust.

If cop chooses a bike to a chase, I think it's smarter for him/her to stay behind a suspect in a safe distance mainly to give directions to other cops, rather in involving in PITs and boxing.

RE: Perks for police motorbikers - RevLeon - 2023-04-11 14:00

(2023-04-11 13:41)Sheep Wrote:  I can see it being abused by cars doing the hard work boxing the suspect and then bike would just stay close for a lot faster bust.

If cop chooses a bike to a chase, I think it's smarter for him/her to stay behind a suspect in a safe distance mainly to give directions to other cops, rather in involving in PITs and boxing.

In theory, a cop can jump off the bike faster and point a gun at a suspect or drag him out of the car than they would be getting out of a car. Even in real life a bike cop that is following can still be the first cop to the suspect because once the car is stopped or almost stopped he can squeeze in and jump off the bike to get the upper hand on the suspect

RE: Perks for police motorbikers - Mantas 5B - 2023-04-11 15:44

Fantabulous idea , really like it mate, i hope biker cops will get what they deserve.

RE: Perks for police motorbikers - AnansiMaxine - 2023-04-11 15:52

Handicapping yourself in a chase as a cop and asking for perks just to be "fair-er" compared to a car? The simplest thing you can do is to keep using a car...

(2023-04-11 13:41)Sheep Wrote:  If cop chooses a bike to a chase, I think it's smarter for him/her to stay behind a suspect in a safe distance mainly to give directions to other cops, rather in involving in PITs and boxing.

This I can agree with. Sure the 3 second bust timer is a good idea, I disagree with the other ideas.