[TC] Gaming Forums
Different maps on server 1 and 2 - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: Different maps on server 1 and 2 (/showthread.php?tid=36626)

Pages: 1 2

Different maps on server 1 and 2 - P V L - 2023-08-12 08:19

As we will not change map for this week, I was thinking of having 2 different maps on

server 1 and server 2. My idea is, if you really hate a map you can totally avoid it. On

the other hand, if you love a map you can drive there for 2 weeks. It was mentioned it

could split the people in two halfs, I dont share this opinion as most people follow the

crowd. And I see another advantage when server 1 is filled with 40. Right now some

people just may not join TC then, as they cant even wait some minutes. Having another

map on server 2 can end up in full server 1 and easy 15-20 on server 2 as well. So, think

about it and may be just try it out this week. Just server 2 one week ahead, P V L.

RE: Different maps on server 1 and 2 - Ash - 2023-08-12 08:22

Been there and done it before, people just flock to the same server everyone else is on regardless of map. Didn't work and there was not a fully equal rotation of tracks being experienced.

RE: Different maps on server 1 and 2 - Countess - 2023-08-12 09:18

I'm not really ok with the idea of extending Montana. Since it's getting boring and boring by time. So yeah, at least we have server 2 which is 1 week ahead. So if you are bored just go to server 2.

RE: Different maps on server 1 and 2 - Speed Demon - 2023-08-12 09:27

It shouldn't matter if people say 'I don't like this track'. The tracks change on a weekly basis, which I think is satisfactory for now. There is no point in trying to divide people into two separate servers. People will definitely go to the crowded server anyway. But it definitely shouldn't.

Here, the vote was opened for the bringing of rockingham and rockingham was brought to the server. Now if there are different tracks in 2 servers and rockingham's face is not looked at, why was he brought to the server?

Bringing something like this would definitely kill some tracks, which I don't think is absolutely necessary. So -1

The purpose of Server 2 should continue to be an alternative for those who cannot enter Server 1, to avoid having to wait and to be an alternative to those who want to drive calmly.

I don't want to play on a single map like other server we know.

RE: Different maps on server 1 and 2 - muratcan2370 - 2023-08-12 09:34

yes that would be nice

RE: Different maps on server 1 and 2 - P V L - 2023-08-12 09:46

(2023-08-12 09:27)Speed Demon Wrote:  It shouldn't matter if people say 'I don't like this track'. The tracks change on a weekly basis,

But as we see right now they dont.

RE: Different maps on server 1 and 2 - Ash - 2023-08-12 09:47

PVL, you realise this extended period of time with Montana is only a one off whilst we review the schedule?

RE: Different maps on server 1 and 2 - RevLeon - 2023-08-12 10:13

As ash said this is only a one time thing and then rotation is back to a weekly schedule, so by the time people realize there's 2 servers with 2 maps everything will be back to normal.

RE: Different maps on server 1 and 2 - Orange™ - 2023-08-12 10:13

It's a one off, stop being bitter with it.

Lets face is, server two is just for people to park over night to keep their KM.

I remember TC did that ages ago and Server 2 will always be pretty much empty.

Idea could be

Server 1 Montana (current track)
Server 2 Sydney

Server 2 just week behind server 1.

Or as Ash said it's just a one off while they review it. Again only a game Wink

RE: Different maps on server 1 and 2 - Felipe Jardim - 2023-08-12 16:14

Frank and i suggested something similar regarding trackdays where S1 would be the trackday while S2 would be regular day, but the administration thought that it would hurt the "trackday experience" for the 4 people that would be actually on the track while the remaining 36 would be driving up and down the same industry lane or paddock tunnel road.

RE: Different maps on server 1 and 2 - fWANKy - 2023-08-12 17:08

(2023-08-12 16:14)Felipe Jardim Wrote:  Frank and i suggested something similar regarding trackdays where S1 would be the trackday while S2 would be regular day, but the administration thought that it would hurt the "trackday experience" for the 4 people that would be actually on the track while the remaining 36 would be driving up and down the same industry lane or paddock tunnel road.

+1111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111

RE: Different maps on server 1 and 2 - Carl - 2023-08-12 18:30

As much as server 1 maxes out and has a queue, we still don’t seem to be at a point where both servers can fill up. Nobody really wants to play this insim with only 15 other players. They prefer being amongst as many people as possible.

And as it was trialled a few times, never really had much of a change. Everybody just tried to get in the main server.

RE: Different maps on server 1 and 2 - Vilix - 2023-08-13 08:16

The active player base is already so thin. servers on Friday evenings or the weekends sometimes don’t even get full. We don’t need another reason to split up the players even more.

The point of the track rotation is to treat every player equally with regards to their preferences.
We all want to play in a server filled with as many people as we can, but suddenly if your favorite track is westhill track day or Jamaica, and the second server is Kyoto or SO no one plays on your map, and you’re sitting in an empty server on your favorite map because the players flock to the popular server. That’s simply unfair.

RE: Different maps on server 1 and 2 - Ash - 2023-08-13 08:50

Pretty well summed up Vilix.

RE: Different maps on server 1 and 2 - Marty_Deslions - 2024-01-21 11:42

but of a bump but whatever.

So iirc last week we had the situation where server 1 and 2 had different maps. Once had already changed. Both were filling up nicely. Since the servers are limited to like 45 connections again, I find myself trying to join a full server often, and this can be slightly annoying.

What if, untill the number of connections is increased to like 79, we structurally will have 2 different maps on the 2 servers? So people are more likely to join the map they like, instead of only joining the fullest server.

When the number of connections is increased to 79, it can go back the old/current situation, or they can just keep 2 maps.

[Image: 65ad03250d7d1-hostisfull.png]

RE: Different maps on server 1 and 2 - Kris4o - 2024-01-21 13:02

sehr gut idea

RE: Different maps on server 1 and 2 - Carlos - 2024-01-21 15:48

(2024-01-21 11:42)Marty_Deslions Wrote:  but of a bump but whatever.

So iirc last week we had the situation where server 1 and 2 had different maps. Once had already changed. Both were filling up nicely. Since the servers are limited to like 45 connections again, I find myself trying to join a full server often, and this can be slightly annoying.

What if, untill the number of connections is increased to like 79, we structurally will have 2 different maps on the 2 servers? So people are more likely to join the map they like, instead of only joining the fullest server.

When the number of connections is increased to 79, it can go back the old/current situation, or they can just keep 2 maps.

[Image: 65ad03250d7d1-hostisfull.png]
+1

RE: Different maps on server 1 and 2 - Metcan Kocas - 2024-02-01 10:14

(2023-08-12 09:27)Speed Demon Wrote:  It shouldn't matter if people say 'I don't like this track'. The tracks change on a weekly basis, which I think is satisfactory for now. There is no point in trying to divide people into two separate servers. People will definitely go to the crowded server anyway. But it definitely shouldn't.

Here, the vote was opened for the bringing of rockingham and rockingham was brought to the server. Now if there are different tracks in 2 servers and rockingham's face is not looked at, why was he brought to the server?

Bringing something like this would definitely kill some tracks, which I don't think is absolutely necessary. So -1

The purpose of Server 2 should continue to be an alternative for those who cannot enter Server 1, to avoid having to wait and to be an alternative to those who want to drive calmly.

I don't want to play on a single map like other server we know.

Absolutely I agree

RE: Different maps on server 1 and 2 - NGUXJAPON - 2024-02-01 10:21

Server is an alternative to calm driving for me and I don't have this alternative anymore.

RE: Different maps on server 1 and 2 - SIMOX - 2024-02-01 19:49

Look, server 1 will always be "the cool kids" server. I don't think corby is that good but people keep joining it because it has more players. Server two sometimes fills up as well but since it's mostly randoms that join it, not the "cool kids", they quickly leave and it just doesn't keep full for long enough.

It would be interesting to see an inversion of servers where server two becomes the "cool kids" server. But it's rather unlikely considering people playing corby instead of aston. Maybe they will keep playing corby on server 2 when track changes? Who knows, lets see.

I understand that 2 weeks of same map might be boring for some 24/7 players, but other people who don't have much time to play, probably would find it usefull that they can play on their favorite map a bit longer. I don't like corby, why should i be forced to drive that track even on server 2? Any of you cool kids don't join server 2 anyway, so why would you care what map is on it?

I don't see no drawbacks about this except for maybe if server one is full and server two has bloody corby on it.