[TC] Gaming Forums
!sethome hgv - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: !sethome hgv (/showthread.php?tid=36692)

!sethome hgv - bayanofmansorofisky - 2023-08-30 17:51

I think we should be able to set a custom spawn location for HGV marked vehicles.
In some cases it's boring/annoying to have to drive half of the map to actually start going somewhere.
So ability to set a custom spawn location for a heavy vehicle safes a lot of wastes time.
I know currently hgv are restricted to a spawn zone for some reasons like not to cause chaos or blockage or damage on spawn.

Therefore i suggest to add the function but with some rules:
-spawn should be set in a wide place not near or on a road.
-spawn should not be set inside of a building or pits garages, nor on top of layout objects.
-spawn should have at least 5 meters of free space both front and back and 2 meters wide in sides
-set at your own risk. No refunds.

RE: !sethome hgv - BP - 2023-08-30 18:51

While I understand it can be annoying, I think the current situation is the most sensible.

RE: !sethome hgv - Cam - 2023-08-30 19:25

(2023-08-30 17:51)bayanofmansorofisky Wrote:  In some cases it's boring/annoying to have to drive half of the map to actually start going somewhere.
So ability to set a custom spawn location for a heavy vehicle safes a lot of wastes time.

You've chosen a HGV, what do you expect?

RE: !sethome hgv - bayanofmansorofisky - 2023-08-30 19:53

(2023-08-30 19:25)Cam Wrote:  You've chosen a HGV, what do you expect?

I expect a yes or no, not "what do you expect?"

RE: !sethome hgv - Cam - 2023-08-30 19:55

(2023-08-30 19:53)bayanofmansorofisky Wrote:  
(2023-08-30 19:25)Cam Wrote:  You've chosen a HGV, what do you expect?

I expect a yes or no, not "what do you expect?"

No.

RE: !sethome hgv - Marty_Deslions - 2023-08-31 09:50

Yes, but only if the settable spawn locations for hgv are restricted to stricts rules where they dont mess with the roads/builings/other players.

RE: !sethome hgv - RevLeon - 2023-08-31 09:53

(2023-08-30 17:51)bayanofmansorofisky Wrote:  I think we should be able to set a custom spawn location for HGV marked vehicles.
In some cases it's boring/annoying to have to drive half of the map to actually start going somewhere.
I know currently hgv are restricted to a spawn zone for some reasons like not to cause chaos or blockage or damage on spawn.

Therefore i suggest to add the function but with some rules:
-spawn should be set in a wide place not near or on a road.
-spawn should not be set inside of a building or pits garages, nor on top of layout objects.
-spawn should have at least 5 meters of free space both front and back and 2 meters wide in sides
-set at your own risk. No refunds.

I like the idea and would vote yes but most tracks don't have enough empty space to let HGV vehicles be able to set custom spawn points so it's a no from me.

RE: !sethome hgv - Vilix - 2023-08-31 10:17

Instead of adding sethome command special for HGV, the spawn locations should be moved closer on the maps. Kyoto is the only map I can think of where the HGV spawn is really far away from everything and I agree it’s pretty annoying, otherwise they are fine.