[TC] Gaming Forums
- Refund Request - b3rk3450 (Denied by Luke™) - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: [TC] CityDriving (/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Server Administration Tasks (/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+---- Forum: Refund Requests (/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+----- Forum: Refund Requests - Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+----- Thread: - Refund Request - b3rk3450 (Denied by Luke™) (/showthread.php?tid=37273)

- Refund Request - b3rk3450 (Denied by Luke™) - Gaz - 2023-12-31 01:55

- Your LFS Username: gaaz
- Their LFS Username (if applicable - the person who took your money): b3rk3450

- Time & Date of Incident: 31/12/23 at ~00:46 UTC

- Replay / Screenshot Link: >MPR<
- Replay Timestamps:

3:35:36 - I pull away from the traffic lights
3:35:44 - [COP] B3RK flashes a civilian to move out of their way and begins speeding heavily,
3:35:46 - then proceeds to engage both their strobes and sirens to try and catch up to me for the entirety of Highway 2
3:36:02 - They actually !laser me probably about here and proceed to chase me a few seconds later (vague approximation judging from when my chatlog says they chased me and the fact that they chased me immediately after eventually getting a valid !laser) around 20 seconds after initially trying to chase me and proceed to fine me with speeding

- Reasons as to why you think you deserve a refund:

Quote:4.2. Road Laws
Cops must obey road laws when not in a chase.
Breaking road laws will be tolerated for short periods if it's necessary to get speeding evidence (!laser) or to initiate a chase, provided it is done with all due care and remains within a reasonable relation to the pursued offence.

They got the !laser for which they ultimately fined me in the 80km/h limit in the Cattle Market, not on Highway 2 from where they were applying rule 4.2 to originally try and catch up to get a !laser on me, after around 20 seconds and an entire kilometre of speeding.

I personally believe this to be an excessive amount and more than "for short periods" and "within a reasonable relation to the pursued offence" stated in rule 4.2.

Some may have the perspective that this is a different offence, which I could usually somewhat agree with, however in this case I would argue that they would not physically have been able to get the !laser in the Cattle Market for which they ultimately fined me without first speeding heavily to catch up to me for those 20 seconds down the entire length of Highway 2 which I believe to be an excessive amount of time for the reason stated previously.

I left to inspect the replay, and by the time I returned the player in question had left.

Thanks for your time, wishing everyone all the best for the year ahead. Apologies for the relatively long replay.

Status: Investigation Process. Updated by: Luke™. - Luke™ - 2024-01-08 16:01

This refund request is being reviewed
Please be patient, we will reply shortly.

RE: Refund Request - b3rk3450 - Luke™ - 2024-01-08 17:52

Hi Gaz,

Thank you for your well written refund request. Apologies for the delay, Christmas and New Year were busy times for everyone at TC.

I've reviewed the replay and discussed it with members of the team because it was close to the wire. Upon discussing this and reviewing the replay, we have decided to deny the refund request. This is because whilst the cop did exceed the speed limit for just over 15 seconds (16.32 I believe but can't be certain) before clocking you, this could be deemed just within reason with regards to rule 4.2. However, factors such as the cop's driving (correct side, appropriate use of visual and audible warnings and control at speed) and the fact that it was a single road with a known endpoint (being the cattle market) made it a safe situation in order to catch up to a suspect who is doing very high speeds. Screenshots were taken at the points where the cop exceeded the limit, peak speed and lasering you in the cattle market, which amounted to the time mentioned above and used in evidence.

Thank you for your request again, I appreciate this is a unique situation that is close to the wire, and the decision has not been made lightly.

Happy new year,

Luke

Refund Request Denied
Unfortunately your refund request has been denied for the reasons described.
Thank you for your request, it has now been moved to the archives.