[TC] Gaming Forums
What do you think about my idea? - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: What do you think about my idea? (/showthread.php?tid=37673)

What do you think about my idea? - CazyCTRL - 2024-03-18 19:02

Hello,
Recentlly I have thought of an idea. I would become a so called "bank". You might be wondering "what does that exactlly mean?". Well,i would lend my money to other people. Here is an example:

Jeremy borrows 10 k from me. I give him 20 persent interest rate.There is two scenarios this could play out:

A) He gives me back 10k with 20 persent interest rate(2k).
B) He does not give me the money back and is in violation of rule 1.1.1

I am not sure if this would be safe to do.
Tell me your opinion!

RE: What do you think about my idea? - Kazanova - 2024-03-18 19:05

not possible.

RE: What do you think about my idea? - CazyCTRL - 2024-03-18 19:06

(2024-03-18 19:05)Aikawa Wrote:  not possible.

why not?

RE: What do you think about my idea? - Hamster - 2024-03-18 19:13

What a brilliant idea! How could you come up with something so brilliant? I can't wait to get it implemented!

It's very strange and disturbing that this hasn't been implemented on the server yet.

RE: What do you think about my idea? - TheStigUSA - 2024-03-18 19:17

I don't have faith in the idea being successful, I think you will find most if not all you choose to 'lend' to will be reluctant to pay you back or just will not at all. I personally don't find it reasonable to think rule 1.1.1 will cover this situation if your borrowers don't pay you back, but the admins will need talk about that.

What you propose is a real world concept which, in that application, is secured by offering of collateral from a potential borrower, as well as from applicable laws protecting both a lender and a borrower, thus ensuring rights and remediation if either party breaks the rules.

This situation doesn't feel appropriate to me to experiment with on TC, it will create nothing but problems and you are the only one who will lose. The buying of TC cash is already enough of a gray area, and with that situation, there have been integrity issues with some 'cash dealers', of which there is nothing the TC staff or the community can help with.

RE: What do you think about my idea? - Marty_Deslions - 2024-03-18 19:34

Just because tc rules exist doesn't mean it will fully cover your bank business transactions. When it goes wrong, the admen may just say "its at your own risk", abit like buying cash with real life money.

Also, even if it were covered/secured by the tc admen, what kind of customers would you get? I'm guessing new players who want money fast, and don't want to work/farm for it. Do you think they will work/farm patiently to repay you after they took the loan? They may just spend all the money, go in dept, reach -5000 and get banned. I don't think you will see your loan back.

But, I could be completely wrong here, and maybe the tc admen are very lenient with this.

RE: What do you think about my idea? - Dino - 2024-03-18 19:51

Aren't you banned for another 237 days? Your forum account is linked to countess and you are banned. The idea is bad, no point in trying to be a bank in 237 days.

[Image: 65f89f86cf491-2024-03-18_21_08_54-%E2%80...Gaming.png]

RE: What do you think about my idea? - CazyCTRL - 2024-03-18 19:55

(2024-03-18 19:51)Dino Wrote:  Aren't you banned for another 237 days? Your forum account is linked to countess and you are banned. The idea is bad, no point in trying to be a bank in 237 days.

i was using countesses account before.I did not get her banned and she got herself banned. I have no assosiations with that and have my own account now.

RE: What do you think about my idea? - BP - 2024-03-19 07:02

I would not recommend this.

Mainly only newer players and desperate players will be interested in your idea. Both of which are prime candidates for scamming you.

This is different to normal server transactions such as players buying cars from each other. In those cases, users are likely more experienced, less desperate, and the transaction is complete between both parties within a minute.

With your idea, the transaction is not complete within a minute. You send the money, and then you have to wait for an undefined period of time. Maybe they get themselves into debt. Maybe they stop playing or get banned. Admins do not have the time to bail you out continuously, and in some cases it would actually be impossible to bail you out.

Again, I would not do this.