[TC] Gaming Forums
Overfining - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Overfining (/showthread.php?tid=3772)

Overfining - Knight - 2012-07-11 00:15

Hey,

It seems yesterday when i was drifting that the police who caught me seems to find that drifting is "dangerous" now I quote from the Fine List

Dangerous driving
Whenever some other player gets actively endangered, for instance ignoring the right of way.

Careless driving
Examples: cutting corners, ignoring lines, cones and barriers, drifting, doughnutting, all kind of stunts on the track, operating an unsafe vehicle, constantly driving backwards

So anyway, I confronted 2 admins on 2 separate incidents about the issue, their answers seemed to say that "Yes drifting is dangerous", Now what i want to know is [TC] admin are supposed to follow the rules and guidelines, so none of you guys could give me a straight answer, and even told me you would fine for it because its dangerous.
Well, i dont know who I should believe now, the admins or the fine list thats printed in black and white.

These cops that keep overfinning even after knowing that careless driving is for drifting still fine me for dangerous driving, Will they have action taken against them? I know its not just me on the server who's been having these issues as displayed last night.

Finally, @Ash I agree your not robots, but when someone asks something that appears to be right you should try and help the situation so other people dont get just a pissed off as me. Its written in black and white for all to see, I didnt endanger anyone, please tell me how that fine was fair?

RE: OverFinning - Turbo - 2012-07-11 00:49

Make a refund request then.

RE: OverFinning - Knight - 2012-07-11 02:02

I don't think you understand at all do you?
I dont need a refund. I just want cops to stop being money hungry and fining for the wrong reason. Surely that it's cop abuse?

RE: OverFinning - Adampower - 2012-07-11 02:53

Yes careless,

Falls into dangerous if you directly affect ones driving or they have followed through from a near miss.

RE: OverFinning - Stephen - 2012-07-11 04:09

I told you last night, it's careless driving if you do that with no one around. If there are people around to endanger by your careless driving, THEN it's dangerous driving. That's how it has always worked.

RE: OverFinning - Knight - 2012-07-11 05:15

Ok so you told me, I know what the rule is. What I want to know is why cops are still doing this? It's a very unfair situation when you DON'T endanger anyone.

Why can cops do this and yet admins on the server do nothing about it but say make a thread. YOUR online YOU have the authority tell people what they should be doing and yet it seems you have failed us civilians again

RE: Overfining - Josh - 2012-07-11 08:17

If you can post a replay we can see what happened. It depebds entirely on the situation.
As mentioned already, what constitutes careless driving may also be dangerous driving, if another user was endangered - I.e. they have to take avoiding such as braking or changing their angle of steer.

RE: Overfining - Knight - 2012-07-11 10:16

I cant, i dont have one but i think ash has one

RE: Overfining - lajfa - 2012-07-11 11:57

Hello Knight,
Yes i gave you dangerous driving for drifting around roundabout. It was my mistake. So sorry.
But i sent your money back so I don't know what do you want more. Wink And TC admin gave me warning.

RE: OverFinning - Pipa - 2012-07-11 12:59

(2012-07-11 05:15)Knight Wrote:  Why can cops do this and yet admins on the server do nothing about it but say make a thread. YOUR online YOU have the authority tell people what they should be doing and yet it seems you have failed us civilians again

If they haven't witnessed it they can not judge a situation, so instead of moaning at them you could stop being lazy and make a proper report.

RE: Overfining - Ash - 2012-07-11 13:05

As Lajfa said, i did give him a verbal warning for incorrect fining. However, what you failed to see from my point of view is: He fined you for "Dangerous driving" (Ie Drifting)... Your driving could have been dangerous anyway, he just said drifting aswell because that was contributing towards the level of danger.

Again, we can assess all situations like every other one. No situation is the same.

RE: Overfining - Knight - 2012-07-11 13:31

Roundabout? You booked me just past the needles...