[TC] Gaming Forums
[Rejected] Mandatory level of communication skills for cops - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: [Rejected] Mandatory level of communication skills for cops (/showthread.php?tid=37813)

Mandatory level of communication skills for cops - Marty_Deslions - 2024-04-05 20:38

Imagine getting pulled over.
Cop says nothing.
After 5 seconds you only see a prompt on your screen where you can pay.
Whether you pay instantly or you wait 30 seconds, you pay.
Cop drives off.

I'm sorry, but where I come from police officers have at least somewhat of a level of communication skill. Like "Hello, any idea why I pulled you over" or just anything that looks like verbal human-to-human communication.

My suggestion is to implent this for cops in TC: A minimum level of English communication with the suspect.

No poll.

RE: Mandatory level of communication skills for cops - Matt - 2024-04-05 21:19

Agreed, would likely improve driving standards.

RE: Mandatory level of communication skills for cops - BP - 2024-04-06 04:13

Some people like being spoken to, some people just want to receive the fine so they can continue driving.

I don't think there needs to be any rule.

RE: Mandatory level of communication skills for cops - The RazeR - 2024-04-06 07:42

Well I always as a cop ask or just say "Hello stopped you for speeding/running a red light" etc. and then I do "!showlaser" to show suspect how much he was going over the speed limit etc. It's a small thing to do but can do big difference to game to do more of realism.

RE: Mandatory level of communication skills for cops - Marty_Deslions - 2024-04-06 08:10

(2024-04-06 07:42)The RazeR Wrote:  Well I always as a cop ask or just say "Hello stopped you for speeding/running a red light" etc. and then I do "!showlaser" to show suspect how much he was going over the speed limit etc. It's a small thing to do but can do big difference to game to do more of realism.

^
This is what I mean, this should be like a norm.

RE: Mandatory level of communication skills for cops - RedJohn - 2024-04-06 14:41

Nah just fine me quickly and let me continue driving thanks

RE: Mandatory level of communication skills for cops - A c e - 2024-04-06 15:26

So even if that rule is added, you would ban or something else, a player for not saying a couple of words that you want him to say to you.
gg
"I'm sorry, but where I come from police officers have at least somewhat of a level of communication skill." Seems like you forgot that this is an video game not real life situations

RE: Mandatory level of communication skills for cops - Marty_Deslions - 2024-04-06 17:21

(2024-04-06 15:26)A c e Wrote:  So even if that rule is added, you would ban or something else, a player for not saying a couple of words that you want him to say to you.
gg
"I'm sorry, but where I come from police officers have at least somewhat of a level of communication skill." Seems like you forgot that this is an video game not real life situations

Ok

(2024-04-06 04:13)BP Wrote:  Some people like being spoken to, some people just want to receive the fine so they can continue driving.

I don't think there needs to be any rule.

I dont think it should be like a "rule" rule. More like a requirement. The same goes with driving like an example when you in the role of cop. Like if you dont, you wont get banned (prop), but your cop license may get revoked. Requiring a minimum level of english from cops could improve the citydriving experience.

RE: Mandatory level of communication skills for cops - KooKoo - 2024-04-06 17:47

I cop almost all the time I am online and it’s safe to say that the vehicles being pulled over actually almost never communicate because they themselves know why they are being pulled over. What they do is just wait for the fine prompt to appear on the screen, accept it and continue. Unless there was a disagreement they would communicate with the cop. But I do my part, say Hello, explain the reason/showlaser and proceed to fine and wish them a safe journey just to make it more entertaining and realistic.

RE: Mandatory level of communication skills for cops - SIMOX - 2024-04-06 19:40

Imagine pulling over for cops. I don't. And in case i do, i like to keep it to a minimum, give fine and leave me alone. No need for silly questions while you got my laser and i can clearly see im wanted.

RE: Mandatory level of communication skills for cops - Nick - 2024-04-06 19:48

(2024-04-06 17:21)Marty_Deslions Wrote:  I dont think it should be like a "rule" rule. More like a requirement. The same goes with driving like an example when you in the role of cop. Like if you dont, you wont get banned (prop), but your cop license may get revoked. Requiring a minimum level of english from cops could improve the citydriving experience.

You're describing a rule.

RE: Mandatory level of communication skills for cops - Carl - 2024-04-06 20:18

(2024-04-06 15:26)A c e Wrote:  So even if that rule is added, you would ban or something else, a player for not saying a couple of words that you want him to say to you.
gg

It's commonplace in RP servers at least. Maybe that is where he is getting the idea. Whilst I don't think CityDriving will ever reach that strict RP stage it's an ok suggestion to make.

I am personally quite happy with just a 1 liner, I think it's common courtesty to at least write your reason for a fine, which I find most people do. Some don't. It helps stop the person being confused and thinking they got a fine for nothing.

"fined for drifting the corner behind you" for example

As for engaging in any kind of conversation, I don't think we'll be able to achieve that. Especially with a lot of people having bad English.

RE: Mandatory level of communication skills for cops - Felipe Jardim - 2024-04-06 20:44

!showlaser or an explanation of what they are being fined for should be mandatory, at the very least. Like running a red light for example. The cop should say "red light" before just fining.

RE: Mandatory level of communication skills for cops - Marty_Deslions - 2024-04-06 20:51

(2024-04-06 20:18)Carl Wrote:  ...

"fined for drifting the corner behind you" for example

As for engaging in any kind of conversation, I don't think we'll be able to achieve that. Especially with a lot of people having bad English.

Yes, something like that. I also don't recall me suggesting asking for full blown conversations, just a minimum oneliner would be nice.

But whatever, let's forget about it. From the feedback you guys give I guess its a no for now. So let's leave it at that and move to the next thread.

Ps

Sorry for any misunderstanding.

RE: Mandatory level of communication skills for cops - 7mar - 2024-04-06 21:20

go play gta 5 rp

RE: Mandatory level of communication skills for cops - Samet - 2024-04-08 02:08

Dude, your desire to turn this place into a GTA 5 roleplay server is killing me.

RE: Mandatory level of communication skills for cops - Ali - 2024-04-09 09:30

Yes this could be good, not everyone's first language is English, but a hotkey could make it more realistic +1

RE: Mandatory level of communication skills for cops - fWANKy - 2024-04-10 21:15

new award to be added for next year, "which one of martys ideas is the worst" award.

RE: Mandatory level of communication skills for cops - Misterviin - 2024-04-14 13:17

Why even bother stopping when you can run? No communication needed, just heavy foot.

RE: Mandatory level of communication skills for cops - Felipe Jardim - 2024-04-15 22:50

(2024-04-14 13:17)Misterviin Wrote:  Why even bother stopping when you can run? No communication needed, just heavy foot.

"When in doubt, c̶o̶c̶k̶ flat out" Bengray 1969 [Image: 35px-Flag_of_France_%281794%E2%80%931815...29.svg.png]