[TC] Gaming Forums
Nurnburgring inside LFS - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Community Area (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: Nurnburgring inside LFS (/showthread.php?tid=38259)

Nurnburgring inside LFS - THE WIZARD DK - 2024-07-07 08:31

Hi.
i just called NurnburgRing in Germany and asked them if it would be possible to implement the track into LFS.
they said it is VERY plausible to get a license for using the track.
i will now write to LFS devs with this information and how they should approach it in case developers wants Nurnburg inside LFS. i imagine they would approach it same way as with Rockingham and laserscan the entire track(which would be seriously cool).

but for now i post this in the hope that everyone in LFS will help out on forums/discords etc where devs roam, to encourage devs to get this thing inside LFS. (would be a great release with nightcycles).

about licensing Nurnburgring:
Nurnburgringlicensing

Product license
If you intend to put the Nürburgring brand or the brand logo on your products, we can offer you a product license. Companies that obtain a product license from the Nürburgring are allowed to use the Nürburgring Official Licensed Logo in their marketing. Numerous companies from the motorsport, automotive and tourism industries already benefit from the positive force of our brand.

Toys
Model cars
Merchandising

Gaming
In modern times, the Nürburgring is becoming increasingly important, especially in the gaming sector. The Nürburgring Nordschleife and the Nürburgring Grand Prix circuit are indispensable in any motorsport or racing game. Every motorsport enthusiast wants to experience the myth of the Nürburgring once in their life – whether on the real or virtual track.

Take advantage of this unique opportunity to implement the Nürburgring in your video game.

EDIT:
Mail sent to developers of LFS.
Related post by Gaboteam on LFs Forums:
Nurnburg ring LFS Forum

EDIT2:
some months ago i also checked out licensing for padborg park(ger) , jyllandsring(DK), and roskilde ring(DK).
those tracks are also easy to get licenses for padborg park/Jyllandsring & Roskilde ring (a former F1 track now a public park) have no license at all. (checked this with Danish motorsport,roskildering friends, roskilde museum and roskilde commune & Danish race driver Dennis lind. everyone say there is no license for roskilde ring so its free to use).
to let you know what im on about here :

Padborg Park

Jyllands Ring

Roskilde Ring

you can also help out with checking out former or current tracks in your nation. some may have easy to get licenses as they all want their tracks to be known, so it could be very easy(easier than you may expect it to be)to get a license!

This is a list of auto racing and moto racing circuits sorted by country.
List of Motror Racing Tracks

we need Nurnburg Ring inside LFS because i only got 6min 15 in a 800BHP Impreza Wrx STI and i have to beat this freaking Porsche mkay Biggrin