[TC] Gaming Forums
+ JSG - Wrong fine. (Approved by Vilix) - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: [TC] CityDriving (/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Server Administration Tasks (/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+---- Forum: Refund Requests (/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+----- Forum: Refund Requests - Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+----- Thread: + JSG - Wrong fine. (Approved by Vilix) (/showthread.php?tid=38309)

+ JSG - Wrong fine. (Approved by Vilix) - Speed Demon - 2024-07-16 17:38

- Your LFS Username:SpeedDemonn
- Their LFS Username (if applicable - the person who took your money): swatguy

- Time & Date of Incident
16-07-2024, 06:25 PM

- Replay / Screenshot Link:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/assd87q9navu0k8/report_JSG.mpr/file

- Replay Timestamps: 10:30:00

- Reasons as to why you think you deserve a refund:

I drifted in front of the police and while he should have given me a 'careless driving' ticket, he gave me a high fine for 'dangerious driving'. Although I warned him, he overcharged me without responding.

RE: JSG - Wrong fine. - Swatguy - 2024-07-16 22:22

Hi,

I did respond to your uncertainty regarding the fine, I told you how you were driving is Dangerous and Reckless, the £100 Fine for dangerous driving is the lowest the fine can go.

If you are really worrying regarding that £100 fine then I will refund myself next time we are online at the same time.

In my eyes the dangerous driving fine was valid considering how you were driving, but to save any drama and hassle that could come from this, I will give you your £100 back.

RE: JSG - Wrong fine. - Speed Demon - 2024-07-17 00:48

Please use this link next time if you are not sure which fine you should issue. Even though I warned you, you insisted on forcing me to pay the same fine.

https://world.city-driving.co.uk/?page=manual&man=finelist

I don't need the 100€ you fined me. I want a symbolic refund and I opened this request so that you understand the gravity of your mistake.

Status: Investigation Process. Updated by: Vilix. - Vilix - 2024-07-21 08:01

This refund request is being reviewed
Please be patient, we will reply shortly.

RE: JSG - Wrong fine. - Vilix - 2024-07-21 08:21

Hello, I apologize for the delay in dealing with this refund request.

Inspecting the replay and the chat-logs indeed Speed was wrongfully fined by Swatguy as per these logs:

Quote:2024-07-16 17:25:02 speeddemonn [RDSR] Speed'D! -100 € fine Fine: Dangerous driving
2024-07-16 17:25:02 swatguy [COP] JSG 100 € reward Fine: Dangerous driving

Swatguy: You cannot fine people for dangerous driving simply because you felt like it. The fine list and cop guidelines are very clear in this scenario. To make it easier, I will quote you exactly what you did wrong:

Quote:Careless driving (30€ / 60€ / 100€)
Driving in a careless manner without actively endangering other cars.

Dangerous driving (100€ / 125€ / 150€)
Driving in such a way that actively endangers other road user(s).

In this instance, when you saw Speed drift past you at the intersection, he was infact not endangering anyone. Therefore, the correct fine would be "Careless Driving". A dangerous driving fine would only be appropriate if Speed was actively causing danger to other people on the road (ie: by almost hitting people or crashing and spinning into someone etc...). Thus, swatguy will be fined 100 euros which will be refunded to Speed.

Refund Request Approved
The refund transaction will be processed and we will notify you when completed.

Refund Processed
This refund request has now been successfully completed and will now be archived.