[TC] Gaming Forums
Appeal against license suspension (Denied) - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: [TC] CityDriving (/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Server Administration Tasks (/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: Appeal against license suspension (Denied) (/showthread.php?tid=38559)

Appeal against license suspension (Denied) - Sirac - 2024-08-29 09:50

- Your LFS Username: Sirac.54_

- Time & Date of Incident: 28.8.2024 Time: I don't remember exactly.

- Replay / Screenshot Link: https://www.mediafire.com/file/vwctiu4ea6rmjbf/SO4X_38R_4.mpr/file

- Replay Timestamps (for which you think led to your revoke):It started on 1.09.49.94 and could only be stopped by slamming it on 1.24.14.98 and ended like this
[TC]›Bez‹ : Nice bust / He turns a blind eye to the RAM that is being done here.
I asked him later about the mistakes made in the chase. "I saw you ram into a suspect way to hard" wrote this. then "That's what I saw" I am writing. "We need to hit him hard, he is very strong"
Bez "Not to cause damage..."
Me "just to blow out the rear suspension"
Bez "So you're telling me that you actively damaged his car?"
Me "we won't stop him any other way"
Me "The purpose of the damage is to burst the rear suspension."
Bez "Looks like someone cant take a hint"
Me "I had to"
Me "How else are we going to stop you?"
Bez "SGÏ Muffin[cop] - Your COP licence has be suspended for 7 days."
Bez I tried being lenient with you Muffin-You just want to fight it out
Me "[TC]›Bez‹ - I didn't mean to harm"
Yes, our conversational dialogue is like this. My cop license was taken away for 7 days just because I made a wrong sentence

- Reasons as to why you think you deserve your rights back:Bez made his decision without watching the chase. What I said and what I did were not the same thing. I said to blow the rear suspension without damaging it. But the pit hits I made were correct and minimally harmless. If you watch the chase, you will understand this. In the pits I made, the player named Nikbon does not take any damage.I was cop2 in that chase cop1 never called for a heavy vehicle and we were 4 normal vehicles were we going to chase a heavy vehicle for 2-3 hours. The pit hits we made weren't even working on him. As it turned out, they only stopped him by ramming him.I asked Bez how to stop him and the other COPs told me to send a heavy backup. But I was cop2 and there were 4 normal vehicles.In fact, when we watch the chase, the shots he makes in the 4 COPs do not damage Nikbon.I apologize for the wrong sentences I made. That wasn't exactly my intention, and I wasn't doing that anyway.It's ridiculous for admin Bez to make a decision based on just 1 scene and 1 sentence, he should have watched the entire chase.

Administrator Message by: Frozen

Thread moved to Server Administration Tasks

Status: Management Investigation. Updated by: Frozen. - Frozen - 2024-08-29 11:28

Hello,

I'll look into this request as soon as possible.

-Frozen

RE: Appeal against license suspension - Frozen - 2024-08-29 13:30

Hello Sirac,

I've reviewed the replay. Your actions at timestamp 1:16:10 - 1:16:30 were simply not acceptable. You drove at full speed into the suspect, basically rammed them, in order to damage their car and stop them. I assume you did this because you were frustrated about the fact the chased player was driving a heavy vehicle and was difficult to stop. I understand the frustration, however, such actions are not allowed in our servers.

When chasing a heavy vehicle you have several options: you can be patient and hope they make a mistake, you can perform tactical manoeuvres to slow them down and try to bust them, or you can call for heavy backup to ensure you've a COP with an equal car that is able to block them.

In this case, the admin who suspended your COP license tried to find out whether you understood or not your wrongdoing. He tried to make you understand what you did was wrong and actually wanted to give you a chance, until you (instead of apologizing for it) admitted that you were doing it on purpose. When you admit you do such things on purpose, you're actually breaking the rules on purpose too. As such, the admin was once again quite lenient and simply suspended your license instead of revoking it, which would've cost you a new exam and would require you to pass the theory exam again.

This being said and considering the suspension is only for 7 days, the suspension will remain in place. I would also like to remind you of several rules that hopefully help you understand why crashing full speed into your suspect is not the way to go:

Quote:5.4 Force / Physical Contact
5.4.a Any force used must be calculated and tactical.
5.4.b The direct impact of intentional contact should cause very minor or ideally no damage to either car.
5.4.c Ramming is forbidden.

Quote:You are also allowed to perform nudges and blocks against the suspect. Blocks include the J-Turn block and U-Turn block.

Source:
Police guide
http://tc-g.uk/policeguide

Thanks,
Frozen