[TC] Gaming Forums
New headphones - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Community Area (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Forum: Technology Area (/forumdisplay.php?fid=82)
+---- Forum: Tech Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=85)
+---- Thread: New headphones (/showthread.php?tid=4227)

New headphones - FR4NOx - 2012-08-24 04:19

Helloooo

Well, this even when I was watching a movie my very worn out Bose headphone's wire began breaking even more than they have been for the past year, which means I either have to hold the wire awkwardly to enjoy stereo sound or have to listen with my right ear only...even though I usually only use the left. -.- I just wish it lasted 5 years, instead of 39 months.

I've been looking at getting another set of Bose headphones, mostly because I haven't heard anything better than them (they're just as good as my local cinema's speakers) and my mom told me that they're doing a trade-up program (she works near a Bose outlet). I'm posting here because I'm willing to try another brand and see if there's anything better out there for a reasonable price. I've been seeing people with Sony headphones lately instead of those awful Beats headphones...might have to give those a look.

I would like my next pair to last at least 5 years.

I don't really know what headphone manufacturers are out there, since my Bose ones were a birthday gift.

Considering that my headphones were $140 back in 2008, I'll set my budget at $150-$300.

Brands to avoid: Monster ("Beats by Dr. Dre")

For those who want to see the wear (Click to View)

RE: New headphones - bullet - 2012-08-25 08:06

Get some AKG Wink

RE: New headphones - FR4NOx - 2012-08-26 06:28

(2012-08-25 08:06)bullet Wrote:  Get some AKG Wink

Ok. Smile

The K240 seems pretty good...time to research!
http://www.guitarcenter.com/AKG-K240-Studio-Headphones-102474483-i1406311.gc

RE: New headphones - Zipppy - 2012-08-26 09:03

My brother has a K240 MkII. sound quality is great to say the least, he's also into making recordings, so they come handy for playback.

My father also has some DJ-ing headset from AKG, they fold up nicely, but aren't the most comfortable.

RE: New headphones - Nitros - 2012-08-26 10:52

From what I have read, Bose have turned into a name, and they are actually overpriced and under quality for the price range. You probably want to check out an audiophile forum is your spending a bit on headphones.

RE: New headphones - Stephen - 2012-08-26 11:28

I've got the sennheiser PC 350's and they've been pretty good to me, had them for just over a year now and nothing wrong with them.

RE: New headphones - bullet - 2012-08-26 11:29

I've got the k414p, they start hurting a bit after a while due to the small spots where they're resting on your head. But it's alright if you move them around a bit occasionally. Sound quality is top notch, like every AKG product. Wink
The jack broke after 3 years though, so only one side is functional now wich pretty sucks for me as I love them. I should be able to fix that but cba.

I also own the in-ear k324p wich are the best in-ear headphones I've heard in that price range (I've paid about 25€ for them).

RE: New headphones - FR4NOx - 2012-08-26 15:01

(2012-08-26 10:52)Nitros Wrote:  From what I have read, Bose have turned into a name, and they are actually overpriced and under quality for the price range. You probably want to check out an audiophile forum is your spending a bit on headphones.

I know. I was going to post on the Head-Fi website, but if someone even thinks of the word Bose there it becomes a massive flamewar.

The K240 looks promising. I'll also check out the Sennheisers Stephen mentioned and the k414p. Smile