[TC] Gaming Forums
Emergency Services channel. - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: Emergency Services channel. (/showthread.php?tid=4231)

Pages: 1 2

Emergency Services channel. - Luke™ - 2012-08-24 15:45

I've thought of an idea, so a player can call the police if they see another driver driving dangerously/speeding etc... and can report them to the police, so they can then follow them and see if they continue to offend. It would work something like this:

!999/112 <name> is speeding/driving dangerously, please investigate at: <location>

This could be a good idea also, if you are being tailgated or feeling threatened by someone elses driving.

Please feel free to say what you like about it,

Thanks, Luke

RE: Emergency Services channel. - FR4NOx - 2012-08-24 15:59

!channel 112
!ch <name> is driving recklessly at <location>
(cop) !ch <something affirmative in response>

!c All units, we have a reckless driver at <location>
!c Driver's ID: <name>

--

Is the above so hard?

RE: Emergency Services channel. - Dowpy - 2012-08-24 16:10

Just wanna say one thing and it is
I like this idea.

RE: Emergency Services channel. - BP - 2012-08-24 16:16

Well, the idea in theory is good as long as the cops who receive the road law reports take it with a pinch of salt. What I can see happening is people get reported to police for bad driving, and the police chase people for reasons based on heresay, which is not allowed.
Server Rules Wrote:A cop may only initiate a chase for offenses he has actually witnessed from his car, except where laser evidence is available.

Other than that, I have no issues with it and as I said, I like it, in theory.

RE: Emergency Services channel. - Luke™ - 2012-08-24 16:29

I think what the cop should do is follow them when they get a report about a driver, and if they see them commit an offence, they should then stop them. Oviously they can't stop them just becaue of what someone else says, but they could definately take that into account when they stop and possibly fine them.

Thanks for supporting my idea Smile

RE: Emergency Services channel. - KaraK - 2012-08-24 16:41

http://forum.city-driving.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=2018

I like it.

RE: Emergency Services channel. - Tupex - 2012-08-24 18:57

Good idea i like it. Thumbup1

RE: Emergency Services channel. - Luke™ - 2012-08-25 05:54

(2012-08-24 16:41)KaraK Wrote:  http://forum.city-driving.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=2018

I like it.

I'm really sorry Karak, I didn't see that the idea had already been put forward, I honestly didn't copy you! Sorry!

RE: Emergency Services channel. - Rasmus - 2012-08-25 21:41

+1 for the idea.

RE: Emergency Services channel. - Kiz - 2012-08-30 01:38

+1 For this.
Really like the idea of a more organized way to deal with things.

RE: Emergency Services channel. - Cobra - 2012-08-30 03:47

+1 is a good idea......... Thumbup

RE: Emergency Services channel. - nonder - 2012-10-27 21:46

I come here because of creating this thread. +1. I was planning:

!callpolice <username> <reason>

COP has some insim button which open list of calls (duration of call is about 3 minutes). He can select one of calls and click Accept if he wants. Requester will get message "COP accepted your call and will watch this car". He can't chase this car but can look on him.

RE: Emergency Services channel. - Roba - 2012-10-27 22:11

!cp / !callpolice <username> <reason> - All COPs will get an InSim notification somewhere (possibly a open/close tab as nonder said) that this driver should be watched upon.

!cp / !callpolice - All COPs will get an InSim notification of you calling police on scene (possibly huge pile-up or crash scene) where road needs to be blocked/closed for towing. Possibly mainly for TOWs or MEDs use?

Just popped on my mind from nonder's suggestion Smile

I'm quite sure after some testing and experiments this could be developed to a working system. (COPs could perhaps report of un-necessary calls?)

RE: Emergency Services channel. - Vincent - 2012-10-27 23:09

2 words : Love It !

I was thinking about it to, but i was to lazy to publish it haha Biggrin

RE: Emergency Services channel. - BP - 2012-10-28 10:18

Something similar has been implemented!

http://forum.city-driving.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=1370&pid=51830#pid51830

RE: Emergency Services channel. - ChrisM - 2012-10-28 10:32

Jeez BP, You could have told us sooner Tongue

RE: Emergency Services channel. - Nick - 2012-10-28 11:31

This new system is great I'm sure, but it needs redesigned for mouse users - I CAN'T GET MY CURSOR OFF MY SCREEN!

Not only is it annoying and somewhat distracting, but I end up clicking the map and speccing someone else when I'm driving/boxing a suspect.

How about the menu popping up when a command such as !r is typed, or is that not possible?

Either that or being able to disable the SOS feature from the HOME in Safe Zones, its an annoying, useless novelty IMO Tongue

RE: Emergency Services channel. - BP - 2012-10-28 12:10

Yeah, I can't look around in my car using a mouse anymore.
I'd suggest commands instead, but obviously it's more time consuming for people.

RE: Emergency Services channel. - Nick - 2012-10-28 12:40

I'd rather it took a second longer to make a useless notification than to have the basic gameplay compromised.

RE: Emergency Services channel. - Roba - 2012-10-28 12:50

I don't see much problems with it so far, no need to click there while driving..