[TC] Gaming Forums
Battlefield 3 servers down - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Community Area (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Forum: Other Games (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: Battlefield 3 servers down (/showthread.php?tid=430)

Pages: 1 2

Battlefield 3 servers down - Nammi - 2011-10-26 19:26

I was allways sceptiacal about the whole battlenet thingy but now it seems to have turned out the worst:

the servers for multiplayer and the battlelog are't back from a scheduled maintanance that was meant to be over 6 hours ago. alltough you can still access the singleplayer (which ive finished in the downtime Tongue ) thats something thats not acceptable for such a ambitious project, keeping in mind the "brain" of BF is down.. you cant even see any servers since the serverbrowser is on the website and not ingame...

RE: Battlefield 3 servers down - Malibu - 2011-10-26 19:37

You finished solo in a few hours?

RE: Battlefield 3 servers down - Johan. - 2011-10-26 19:38

Oh shit, here we go..

RE: Battlefield 3 servers down - Nammi - 2011-10-26 19:53

(2011-10-26 19:37)Malibu Wrote:  You finished solo in a few hours?

ye, maybe 7 hours. usuall length nowadays id say. i think of it more like a longer tutorial.

and for that - oh my gosh - that was some breathtaking entertainment!
even better moments than CoD tbh.
scoreboard! Biggrin

RE: Battlefield 3 servers down - Kyllone - 2011-10-26 19:54

(2011-10-26 19:37)Malibu Wrote:  You finished solo in a few hours?

well with continuing good gaming, it doesnt take so much time althrough I havent played BF3 Tongue Biggrin But usually Batllefield's campaings are short and kinda quick. Completed BC2 in one sitting Laugh I'm actually watching darksydephils playthrough of it Tongue Gonna play BF3 on my friends PS3

But anyways, EA really cocked if the servers are down already Laugh

Nammi have you tried to seek if there is actually a new patch came out. Cuz when BC2 came, came a new patch almost inmediately after the release. I'd remember somtehing like that Rolleyes

RE: Battlefield 3 servers down - Nammi - 2011-10-26 19:58

its been announced - yes you have to download the "day one patch" upon installation. ~ 430Mb for me

It seems like PS3 ant Xbox had some issues wich have meant to be adressed by the downtime that is still ongoing...

I think thats the first time ever i "completed" a campaign before the actual release date - thx to amazon and tricking the releasedate check with a simple and legit proxy server Biggrin

RE: Battlefield 3 servers down - Kyllone - 2011-10-26 20:01

(2011-10-26 19:58)Nammi Wrote:  its been announced - yes you have to download the "day one patch" upon installation. ~ 430Mb for me

It seems like PS3 ant Xbox had some issues wich have meant to be adressed by the downtime that is still ongoing...

I think thats the first time ever i "completed" a campaign before the actual release date - thx to amazon and tricking the releasedate check with a simple and legit proxy server Biggrin

Yeah. But I dont know whats up to release a patch right after the game released... Stupid. I SOMEHOW guessed it from BF's EA made before. ALWAYS new update to play online after releasing of the game

RE: Battlefield 3 servers down - Nammi - 2011-10-26 20:02

Ye i think thats a change in gamemaking these days. instead of delaying the release they rather give out a buggy / uncomplete game and patching it immediately. i dont like it either.

RE: Battlefield 3 servers down - Kyllone - 2011-10-26 20:04

this is offtopic but I have to ask.

Did you get killed by the rat Nammi at the slighly beginning of the game Biggrin Biggrin

RE: Battlefield 3 servers down - Nammi - 2011-10-26 20:12

haha... no that was one of the quicktime events.

i won all of the those apart from the VERY last one (even the last key actually) in the final fight resulting in massive fail... Laugh

- spoiler ! dont read if you dont want to know how the game ends
funny to know the rat can kill you though xD

RE: Battlefield 3 servers down - Kyllone - 2011-10-26 20:13

(2011-10-26 20:12)Nammi Wrote:  haha... no that was one of the quicktime events.

i won all of the those apart from the VERY last one (even the last key actually) in the final fight resulting in massive fail... Laugh

- spoiler ! dont read if you dont want to know how the game ends
funny to know the rat can kill you though xD

Rat cant kill you but it can get you killed if you fail that quicktime Laugh

RE: Battlefield 3 servers down - Knight - 2011-10-26 20:14

Battlefield 3 got released early over here. We couldnt play due to the error message "Game Release Date Has Not Passed"

Something like that, Silly game shop released it one day early so the other stores did. Couldnt even play campain -.-

RE: Battlefield 3 servers down - Speed - 2011-10-26 20:24

that has nothing to do with dice - , to bad its only out here tomorrow ;(

RE: Battlefield 3 servers down - Johan. - 2011-10-26 20:51

Speed, BF3 is out today... o.o

RE: Battlefield 3 servers down - Speed - 2011-10-27 14:45

nah in holland it was out the 27 and thats today Smile , to bad the download is so dammm slow Sad

RE: Battlefield 3 servers down - Johan. - 2011-10-27 18:59

Ahh alright.

RE: Battlefield 3 servers down - rttnpig] - 2011-10-27 19:18

I cant even register my serial, server is overloaded.

RE: Battlefield 3 servers down - Lasse - 2011-10-27 19:24

Wonder why, lol

RE: Battlefield 3 servers down - Kyllone - 2011-10-27 19:55

Lol, smells like complete fail by EA Thumbup1

RE: Battlefield 3 servers down - Nammi - 2011-10-27 23:28

if you look at the comments on the battle log news on the origin activation down - they are adding faster than you can read.
its sad to know your worst imaginations have come true ...