[TC] Gaming Forums
Euro Truck Simulator 2 - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Community Area (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Forum: Other Games (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: Euro Truck Simulator 2 (/showthread.php?tid=4316)

Euro Truck Simulator 2 - Roba - 2012-09-02 23:23

ETS2 is being published soon, and I have myself already pre-ordered it as I loved the ETS:Gold which I bought some while ago.

The ETS series is realistic trucking simulator where you can buy new trucks and transport goods from city to city around many EU countries. The game supports wheels as well, and it's fun to drive with wheel!

Here's a timelapse video;

RE: Euro Truck Simulator 2 - FR4NOx - 2012-09-02 23:39

Awesome!!

RE: Euro Truck Simulator 2 - Sinoco - 2012-09-02 23:39

The game looks amazing. If you have Steam, vote for it on Steam Greenlight so that it gets onto Steam!

RE: Euro Truck Simulator 2 - Hexta - 2012-09-02 23:45

Looks 20 times better than ETS 1.

RE: Euro Truck Simulator 2 - mogey5101 - 2012-09-03 00:43

(2012-09-02 23:45)Hexta Wrote:  Looks 20 times better than ETS 1.

And it has proper wheel support. Biggrin

RE: Euro Truck Simulator 2 - Cyanide Christ - 2012-09-03 05:28

"vast distances to drive to explore the whole map - the farthest points in the world are three hours of real time apart when driving at full speed" Mah lord...
This is what I really wanted from this game =))))

RE: Euro Truck Simulator 2 - Ras - 2012-09-03 07:52

Considering i like Scania Truck Driving Simulator, i can only love this. Cant wait for the release.

RE: Euro Truck Simulator 2 - Johan. - 2012-09-03 08:38

(2012-09-03 00:43)mogey5101 Wrote:  
(2012-09-02 23:45)Hexta Wrote:  Looks 20 times better than ETS 1.

And it has proper wheel support. Biggrin

If that includes FFB that doesn't suddently shake the wheel to everyside of the desk when you hit a bit of grass: Great! Thumbup

I've been 'waiting' for this game for quite a while now, as they kept erhh.. moving the release date. Oh well, rather waiting a bit more for a succesfull game, than a game wich isn't complete because they 'had a deadline'.

What I do hope aswell, is that I can finally use all the buttons on my G27.. as half of them 'won't work' in ETS1.

Edit: Ouch?

"This game has attained 1% of necessary positive ratings so far" .. Erhh... This is going to be interesting.

RE: Euro Truck Simulator 2 - Hexta - 2012-09-03 09:41

Look at this, then tell me what you think

RE: Euro Truck Simulator 2 - Roba - 2012-09-03 09:58

Oh and adding that, you can adjust the mirrors yourself, you can customize your trucks (not sure about decals?) and should be able to customize the license plate on the truck too.

EDIT; The release date is set to 30.09 here in Finland.

RE: Euro Truck Simulator 2 - Sinoco - 2012-09-03 11:52

(2012-09-03 08:38)Johan. Wrote:  "This game has attained 1% of necessary positive ratings so far" .. Erhh... This is going to be interesting.

Just fyi, it was 2% for me yesterday... if you read the comments people are complaining about how it keeps changing between 0, 1, and 2%.

RE: Euro Truck Simulator 2 - Johan. - 2012-09-03 12:19

Ahh I didn't notice that yet Sinoco. We'll have to wait and be patience on the result then.

RE: Euro Truck Simulator 2 - Cola - 2012-09-03 13:50

Looks awesome, hope they fix the wheel glitch before release. Smile

RE: Euro Truck Simulator 2 - Blade3562 - 2012-09-05 04:21

Hope it doesn't make steam, steam takes up headspace in the background and annoys the piss out of me. (sorry to those of you who like steam) and steam also has tons of mod check cancelation, and has major connection problems with the call of duty series.

Back on topic, can't wait for the game, looks like the video game market has a big boom in place this year!

And the three hours apart reminds me of true crime la it took forever to cross that map, super excited realism FTW!

RE: Euro Truck Simulator 2 - Roba - 2012-09-05 18:19

(2012-09-05 04:21)Blade3562 Wrote:  Hope it doesn't make steam, steam takes up headspace in the background and annoys the piss out of me. (sorry to those of you who like steam) and steam also has tons of mod check cancelation, and has major connection problems with the call of duty series.

Back on topic, can't wait for the game, looks like the video game market has a big boom in place this year!

And the three hours apart reminds me of true crime la it took forever to cross that map, super excited realism FTW!

Agree pretty much everything you said Tongue

Not a great fan of steam myself either. I bought exactly one game (Civilization V) which requires Steam. And the MP stuff is really effed up, as well as some mods. And that happens to be first game I've had on PC with online problems..

RE: Euro Truck Simulator 2 - Chill . - 2012-09-05 18:19

Atleast ! I always wish there is GPS system in theese truck games Biggrin

RE: Euro Truck Simulator 2 - Pipa - 2012-09-05 18:57

If steam accepts they will also bring it out on on Steam, not only. Not a big fan of steam, but as you can choose there isn't downside in getting some more sales through steam.

Although i hate lorries on the road Tongue, this looks quite cool.

RE: Euro Truck Simulator 2 - Roba - 2012-09-05 19:22

Well I bought Civ 5 from store, yet installing and using it requires steam, and the mods and multiplayer is linked to steam.

RE: Euro Truck Simulator 2 - Pipa - 2012-09-05 19:50

It's different from game to game.

"Rest assured that Steam was always considered as a complementary distribution channel for us - we would not require people buying the game in the box edition in stores or digitally from our own website to have to install Steam or use any Steam services. "

http://blog.scssoft.com/2012/08/steam-greenlight-trouble.html

RE: Euro Truck Simulator 2 - Blade3562 - 2012-09-05 20:48

My issues with steam arise as soon as the thing turns on. 1 it keeps track of everything I do and anyone who I have played 1 TDM online with can see my entire gaming history. 2 steam always looks for updates, great games like mafia 2 and race 07 can't be played offline without steam nagging and complaining like a bad ex. At least with xfire it's a choice. Look at LFS. It doesn't need steam for an online purchase, or need for speed world. There are plenty of ways to get a game out there for sales increases that don't involve hampering systems and gameplay.

(I found LFS by a random driving game demo link that lead me to gamers hell.com which also promotes the driving simulator series).