[TC] Gaming Forums
Euro Truck Simulator 2 - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Community Area (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Forum: Other Games (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: Euro Truck Simulator 2 (/showthread.php?tid=4316)

RE: Euro Truck Simulator 2 - Roba - 2012-10-20 17:08

(2012-10-20 17:06)BMW93 Wrote:  does thos support whit h-shifter?
are the cities small like in ETS?

Yes.

But I think there's very nice improvements for the gameplay, traffic, and the world from ETS

RE: Euro Truck Simulator 2 - SLiiDE - 2012-10-20 17:36

Managed to roll a truck... Im a baws.

RE: Euro Truck Simulator 2 - Cola - 2012-10-20 17:42

Bez, how'd you get rid of the limiter? Ohmy
Some places could be more interesting if I could go more than 90kph.. Also having to actually keep your speed at an acceptable... Well, speed.. But I'd just hate relying on such things rather than doing it myself. Tongue

RE: Euro Truck Simulator 2 - Sinoco - 2012-10-20 17:48

(2012-10-19 23:14)Tom Wrote:  http://www.mediafire.com/?jr8l56d3dvppor5
this will remove the annoying 56mph limit on the truck
goes in documents/euro truck simulator 2/ mods
load game and run Smile

RE: Euro Truck Simulator 2 - Cola - 2012-10-20 17:55

Great, thanks Smile

RE: Euro Truck Simulator 2 - Elmo - 2012-10-20 19:47

(2012-10-20 13:03)Cola Wrote:  But as you said, the braking is really weird. Might just be how trucks really brake, I'm not the one to judge that though. Tongue

Nah, they seem to have got a couple of things wrong about trucks.

1. Unless you're towing a massive amount of weight, trucks generally have enough braking power to lock the wheels (with ABS off). ETC seems to want you to use the engine brake as additional braking power - that's not what it's for; the engine brake is to prevent you from setting your brakes on fire on long descents, not for stopping faster. Air brakes are *really* powerful. Also, added weight actually results in more force on the tyre, so more grip, which means minimum stopping distances don't change as much as you might think - provided the tyres don't shred themselves in the process.

2. If you gun the engine in first gear when stopped on a hill, a real truck won't stall (unless the engine's a weak-ass pansy not fit for purpose). You'll get wheelspin instead. Lots and lots of wheelspin.

RE: Euro Truck Simulator 2 - SLiiDE - 2012-10-20 19:58

Thats a problem i tend to have, starting on hills. Mainly when you come of the ferry and go up the ramp onto the road. If i have to stop it takes me forever to get going again D:

RE: Euro Truck Simulator 2 - Pipa - 2012-10-20 20:06

Quite good fun for a while, apprently after a certain amount of damage the engine cuts out and stalls. Bit awkward at night since that also turns the lights off.

But yeah the braking distance is pathetic and not realistic at all. Would love to see if there is a mod for that.

RE: Euro Truck Simulator 2 - Roba - 2012-10-20 20:18

(2012-10-20 20:06)Pipa Wrote:  Quite good fun for a while, apprently after a certain amount of damage the engine cuts out and stalls. Bit awkward at night since that also turns the lights off.

But yeah the braking distance is pathetic and not realistic at all. Would love to see if there is a mod for that.

Probably will be, if they're not gonna update it.

RE: Euro Truck Simulator 2 - Josh - 2012-10-20 20:25

There is a physics mod out already for ETS2 but I haven't tried it yet. search ETS 2 mods, there is a site for them (although its obviously empty atm)

RE: Euro Truck Simulator 2 - Pipa - 2012-10-20 20:32

Rather easy to change stuff. Place this in your mod folder if you like.

http://web830.dashosting.de/kits/speed+brake.scs
(No 90km/h speed limit and increased braking torque with trailer) - open with winrar def/vehicle/physics.ini look for "brake_torque_with_trailer: 12000.0" and increase that value for an even shorter stopping distance.

Realistic stopping distance from 80km/h to 0 is around 40-45m. So after some testing i increased the value from 9000 to 12000 which seems bit more realistic to me. I only tested this quickly so if you want to moan do it yourself instead Tongue.

@Josh saw a physics mod, but that made the brake worse.

RE: Euro Truck Simulator 2 - Speed - 2012-10-20 20:32

Yeah the braking is really bad caused me 5 crashes Tongue , the ai drivers don't stop if u try to reverse into ur stalling for example . They keep driving till somes inches infront of my trailer so I can't turn it in , also random brake checks on the highway are damm anoying .

And try to get up a hill in first with a broken engine in night Tongue

RE: Euro Truck Simulator 2 - Josh - 2012-10-20 21:44

Random brake checks on slip roads catch me out.

What does annoy me, as with all previous versions, no matter who is at fault in a crash, you're the one with a £400 fine.

My favourite thing with ETS2 has to be the vehicle customisation.. its brilliant even as standard.

RE: Euro Truck Simulator 2 - Malibu - 2012-10-20 22:25

Can't even download the demo, keeps giving network error at the end of the download.

RE: Euro Truck Simulator 2 - Speed - 2012-10-20 22:47

Download the torrent file Smile

RE: Euro Truck Simulator 2 - Ras - 2012-10-20 22:51

One thing i love about the customization is the beacons and lightbars, and that they actually work.

RE: Euro Truck Simulator 2 - ZsoLT - 2012-10-20 23:12

(2012-10-20 20:32)Pipa Wrote:  Rather easy to change stuff. Place this in your mod folder if you like.

http://web830.dashosting.de/kits/speed+brake.scs
(No 90km/h speed limit and increased braking torque with trailer) - open with winrar def/vehicle/physics.ini look for "brake_torque_with_trailer: 12000.0" and increase that value for an even shorter stopping distance.

Realistic stopping distance from 80km/h to 0 is around 40-45m. So after some testing i increased the value from 9000 to 12000 which seems bit more realistic to me. I only tested this quickly so if you want to moan do it yourself instead Tongue.

I need better brakes, but I want 90 speed limit. How can I do that?

RE: Euro Truck Simulator 2 - Tom - 2012-10-20 23:15

http://www.sendspace.com/file/j89kow
try that zsolt
just brakes only Smile

RE: Euro Truck Simulator 2 - ZsoLT - 2012-10-20 23:27

Thanks! Smile

RE: Euro Truck Simulator 2 - Tommer - 2012-10-21 03:50

I find the brakes fine, the truck does actually stop pretty quickly when you kick them down but the deceleration seems to be on a curve that gets steeper towards lower speed which makes sense when you think about it.

I tried using this engine brake but has no noticeable effect over normal braking for me.

Am I the only person who's forgotten to gear down ascending a motorway ramp and found myself stalling and rolling back down the ramp hitting everyone in my path because I couldn't find the handbrake? xD