[TC] Gaming Forums
G27 losing ffb when minimized - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Community Area (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Forum: Technology Area (/forumdisplay.php?fid=82)
+---- Forum: Tech Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=85)
+---- Thread: G27 losing ffb when minimized (/showthread.php?tid=4388)

G27 losing ffb when minimized - =WOLF=[NO] - 2012-09-14 23:47

I am visiting a friend while working, and I got him to buy a G27 , playseat, and joystick.

After a while, we figured I could use my computer for lfs on his rig, since his pc is used on the tv.

Now over to the issue:
I start up my computer, start lfs, and everything works fine.
If I minimize, get a skype chat/call, or any other backround task, the ffb is gone.
restarting lfs or reconnecting the g27 will not help, only a reboot will solve it Sad

Does anyone have amy ideas how to fix the problem?
The wheel works fine on his computer.....

RE: G27 losing ffb when minimized - Hexta - 2012-09-15 00:14

Driver issue? try updating to the latest Logitech software (from their website not the CD in g27 box)

or ring Logitech for a new one wink wink Wink

RE: G27 losing ffb when minimized - Sinoco - 2012-09-15 03:59

Call Logitech, not sure about the European support people, but the North American ones really know their shit and they will be able to help you out.

RE: G27 losing ffb when minimized - =WOLF=[NO] - 2012-09-17 13:11

I always use latest drivers from product homepage, did not work.
I could try calling support, but my previous contact with them did not impress, was regarding my g25 issues though.

tnx for responses btw Smile

RE: G27 losing ffb when minimized - Chuck - 2012-09-18 05:56

Make the game window "windowed" (shift+F4) then click with mouse outside the window, and then back inside the window. So that the focus-event gets triggered again.
LFS should bring back forces then. There is also a hotkey called "Reset controller", shift+c, maybe that could halp aswell.

RE: G27 losing ffb when minimized - Cola - 2012-09-18 06:58

I agree with Sinoco. Just call them and tell them about your issue, and if the solutions they suggest doesn't work, they'll probably send you a new one.

RE: G27 losing ffb when minimized - Elmo - 2012-09-24 01:22

(2012-09-14 23:47)=WOLF=[NO] Wrote:  The wheel works fine on his computer.....

(2012-09-18 06:58)Cola Wrote:  I agree with Sinoco. Just call them and tell them about your issue, and if the solutions they suggest doesn't work, they'll probably send you a new one.

Sounds like a driver/install/software issue - especially if it works fine on one PC and not another. If that's the case, getting a new wheel won't help.