[TC] Gaming Forums
New Apple Products - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Community Area (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Forum: Technology Area (/forumdisplay.php?fid=82)
+---- Forum: Tech News (/forumdisplay.php?fid=83)
+---- Thread: New Apple Products (/showthread.php?tid=4390)

Pages: 1 2

New Apple Products - Pete - 2012-09-15 07:57

I thought a thread would already have been made about this but I was mistaken.

Apple released 4 notable things at their last keynote a few days back now:

- iPhone 5
- iPod Touch 5th Generation
- Redesigned iPod nano
- iOS6

The main noticeable difference to both the new iPhone and iPod touch is the different screen size. It is now long enough to hold another row of apps on the home screen thus making the screen 4 inches diagonally.

I own a 4th generation iPod touch and at no point did I ever think making the screen longer would aid me in any way.

I think the changes they have made to the iPod nano are actually pretty good and the price is very reasonable which makes a change.

All in all I think the new iPod and iPhone are great but Apple have yet again thrown up the price of both and not many people will be able to warrant that sort of money on an iOS device when Android is swiftly progressing to bigger and better things.

Thoughts?

~ L

RE: New Apple Products - Zipppy - 2012-09-15 08:28

Well, it's about time they release it.. A bit disappointed of the fact that it isn't a big improvement to the iPhone 4 or 4S. On the other hand, my brother's been waiting for the 5 since the release of the iPhone 4. His 3GS is quite sluggish.

RE: New Apple Products - Ash - 2012-09-15 09:27

I've got the 4s and the 5 really doesn't appeal to me atall.

Instead, went and got the new iPad instead yesterday with my staff discount, getting it for £360.... WIN!

RE: New Apple Products - Malibu - 2012-09-15 10:36

Prices were ridiculous already, and they even made them go up again Cursing

My iPod touch 4 was really worth the money, but the new one is 40 euros more expensive than what I paid for mine. iPhone prices have always been ridiculous.

I still want both of them though Tongue

RE: New Apple Products - Stephen - 2012-09-15 10:42

Think I'll get a HTC One X for my next phone, Apple aren't really innovating as much as I hoped since Steve Jobs passed away. I own the last phone he had actual input on and it has been a great phone for my needs.

RE: New Apple Products - Brad - 2012-09-15 11:33

Not really impressed with the iPhone 5 - would have expected more from the company which has a history of being so innovative. However in the short-term they can't really do much wrong - people will still buy them in the millions.

Will go for a new Android-based phone before Xmas I think - I'll see what's available closer to the time.

RE: New Apple Products - Hexta - 2012-09-15 13:52

The iPhone 6 will just be a "slimmer, longer, faster" version of the iPhone 5. They will keep doing it until they milk all the money from their fanboys/girls.

If you want progress with technology move over to andriod.

RE: New Apple Products - Malibu - 2012-09-15 14:00

(2012-09-15 13:52)Hexta Wrote:  The iPhone 6 will just be a "slimmer, longer, faster" version of the iPhone 5. They will keep doing it until they milk all the money from their fanboys/girls.

Kind of ignorant comment.

RE: New Apple Products - Hexta - 2012-09-15 17:07

(2012-09-15 14:00)Malibu Wrote:  
(2012-09-15 13:52)Hexta Wrote:  The iPhone 6 will just be a "slimmer, longer, faster" version of the iPhone 5. They will keep doing it until they milk all the money from their fanboys/girls.

Coming from you? kind of ironic.

RE: New Apple Products - Aus - 2012-09-15 18:53

[Image: sE7lF.jpg]

the only reason to get an iPhone 5?

RE: New Apple Products - Chill . - 2012-09-15 19:33

doh , I got iPod Touch 4g , and iOs 6 dont requires Siri for 4g , only for 5g -.-

RE: New Apple Products - Josh - 2012-09-15 22:00

True though...

(2012-09-15 17:07)Hexta Wrote:  

Coming from you? kind of ironic.

True though...

RE: New Apple Products - KaraK - 2012-09-16 08:57

Instead of bringing out lots of different phones, like samsung, apple focuses on one.
What's the problem? You won't have drastic changes to the design, because people like it the way it is. All they'll change is the components inside and the software.

Really, stop this apple hate.

RE: New Apple Products - Sinoco - 2012-09-16 12:55

(2012-09-16 08:57)KaraK Wrote:  Instead of bringing out lots of different phones, like samsung, apple focuses on one.
What's the problem? You won't have drastic changes to the design, because people like it the way it is. All they'll change is the components inside and the software.

Really, stop this apple hate.

Hm... what if I don't want to pay $600+ to upgrade my phone every year? Well... I don't have to I guess, but Apple eventually stops supporting the old iPhones so that you have to upgrade if you want new apps.

RE: New Apple Products - KaraK - 2012-09-16 13:15

As you say, you don't have to upgrade your phone every year.
Game developers also stop supporting older games after a while, because their new game requires more support or they simply think the older game is getting too old. Every company does this.

I don't think Nokia still supports 3310 users, do they? Tongue

Oh, and you can still download apps on older devices, it's just your iOS which gets older and app makers decide to make apps for the newer versions.

RE: New Apple Products - Cola - 2012-09-16 13:23

(2012-09-16 13:15)KaraK Wrote:  As you say, you don't have to upgrade your phone every year.
Game developers also stop supporting older games after a while, because their new game requires more support or they simply think the older game is getting too old. Every company does this.

I don't think Nokia still supports 3310 users, do they? Tongue

Oh, and you can still download apps on older devices, it's just your iOS which gets older and app makers decide to make apps for the newer versions.

iPhone 3GS is not supported anymore. It was launched June 8th 2009.
Nokia 3310 is not supported anymore. It was launched in Year 2000.

You see the difference?

RE: New Apple Products - KaraK - 2012-09-16 13:26

Did you not notice my 'Tongue' after the sentence?
My point is that every company eventually stops supporting older versions of their products. How soon they do it depends on the company itself.

RE: New Apple Products - Tommer - 2012-09-16 16:51

The flaw now with Apple is they are trying to sell people what they already have, generally once you've brought your fancy high tech phone unless your a tech enthusiast you aren't really going to change it again until it breaks or until you are lagging far behind with technology.

That's pretty much what Apple is trying to do, make it look as though there old products are 'dated' by stopping support for them, even though they are still well within their average lifespan.

What Apple needs to do is find a new product to invent but seeing as there Steve Job's is chilling in his iDied they are now pretty much stuck without new ideas and are just trying to improve old ones and try to kill off competition before the competition kills them with lawsuits galore.

RE: New Apple Products - ChrisM - 2012-09-16 17:05

(2012-09-16 13:15)KaraK Wrote:  I don't think Nokia still supports 3310 users, do they? Tongue

Probably not. The reason: Because they still work. They don't need support. Wink Proud Nokia C1-01 user

RE: New Apple Products - Bez - 2012-09-16 22:27

I currently have the iPhone4 and i didn't bother getting the 4s, Because i knew it wouldn't be long in till the 5. I have always loved the simplicity of the iPhones iOS. But they have to add some more to the phone come on.. I might just buy the 4s now because it will be a lot cheaper and will end up having iOS6 added onto it anyways Confused Why do i need an extra row if apps when i can have unlimited pages of them?! who needs slightly thinner, slightly lighter and faster phone.. To me its a waste of money for the iPhone5 ill wait till the 6 comes out.. Wait maybe ill stay with the iPhone 4s in till the iPhone 10 comes out then maybe it will be worth it by then..

So IMO Buy the iPhone4s if you are thinking of buying an iPhone. This iPhone5 is for the fan boys & girls.