[TC] Gaming Forums
New Apple Products - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Community Area (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Forum: Technology Area (/forumdisplay.php?fid=82)
+---- Forum: Tech News (/forumdisplay.php?fid=83)
+---- Thread: New Apple Products (/showthread.php?tid=4390)

Pages: 1 2

RE: New Apple Products - FR4NOx - 2012-09-17 04:04

My iPod Touch Gen4 has served me well since March 2011...I just hate the shitty camera.

I loooove the iPhone 4s, but I think I'll be moving towards the Motorola Droid instead. I think the new iPhone is interesting...but not for me.

I need a new phone anyway, my Verizon contract expired 9 months ago and I've gone through 3 phones since then.

Sinoco, I find it interesting how Apple doesn't offer contracts (unlocked only) with mobile carriers on their Canadian website. With a 2 year contract, us Americans only need to pay $200 for the phone. Wink

RE: New Apple Products - Bez - 2012-09-17 07:18

So despite all i said before... (I'm going to sound a right idiot now) My contract offered me the 16G White free as an upgrade with unlimited called, unlimited texts, unlimited wifi, and 3G data for only £46 a month and its only 18months.. So shall i take it or not? seems a good deal.. I know in all i will be paying £828 for the fill contact but.. Hmm, what do you guys think?

RE: New Apple Products - Cola - 2012-09-17 08:38

(2012-09-17 07:18)Bez Wrote:  So despite all i said before... (I'm going to sound a right idiot now) My contract offered me the 16G White free as an upgrade with unlimited called, unlimited texts, unlimited wifi, and 3G data for only £46 a month and its only 18months.. So shall i take it or not? seems a good deal.. I know in all i will be paying £828 for the fill contact but.. Hmm, what do you guys think?

NO. Tongue

RE: New Apple Products - Nitros - 2012-09-20 20:34

(2012-09-17 07:18)Bez Wrote:  Hmm, what do you guys think?

I pay £10 a month for 700 mins, unlimited texts, 1Gb internet. (30 day rolling contract, so no tie in)

Lets assume that you could get something that suited you for around £15-£20, I will take £17.50 as the figure. May be more, if you need more mins than me.

We will also assume you only stay in the contract for the 18 months, i.e. get out of it, and change contract to something cheaper on the 19th month.

Your £46 a month will be £828.
The £17.50 a month will be £325.

Your paying £503 for the phone, as opposed to £529 from apple.

For saving £26, you are getting a locked phone (if you want to unlock, I believe the fee is between £10 and £20)

So, really the difference in value is negligible, but the network is getting you on a long contract, and you are stuck with the iPhone during that time (I believe?)

I don't know if that helps, but numbers are nice and impartial.

On a personal note, the iPhone 5 (i.e. the 6th iPhone apple have released) does not really stack up against the competition. In my view, the screen aspect ratio is not superior - and the OS is just lagging behind a little.
While I do see the advantages, and a lot of it comes down to personal preference - but the majority preference seems to be slipping (at least for the time being)
If you are being tied down to the iPhone 5, you may regret it if you see the new Android or WP8 phones coming out in the near future. They are shiney, and actually new - as opposed to an upgraded older design.
Just my opinion. I have an iPhone, so I'm not some kind of fanboy.

RE: New Apple Products - Bez - 2012-09-20 20:45

(2012-09-20 20:34)Nitros Wrote:  
(2012-09-17 07:18)Bez Wrote:  Hmm, what do you guys think?

I pay £10 a month for 700 mins, unlimited texts, 1Gb internet. (30 day rolling contract, so no tie in)

Lets assume that you could get something that suited you for around £15-£20, I will take £17.50 as the figure. May be more, if you need more mins than me.

We will also assume you only stay in the contract for the 18 months, i.e. get out of it, and change contract to something cheaper on the 19th month.

Your £46 a month will be £828.
The £17.50 a month will be £325.

Your paying £503 for the phone, as opposed to £529 from apple.

For saving £26, you are getting a locked phone (if you want to unlock, I believe the fee is between £10 and £20)

So, really the difference in value is negligible, but the network is getting you on a long contract, and you are stuck with the iPhone during that time (I believe?)

I don't know if that helps, but numbers are nice and impartial.

On a personal note, the iPhone 5 (i.e. the 6th iPhone apple have released) does not really stack up against the competition. In my view, the screen aspect ratio is not superior - and the OS is just lagging behind a little.
While I do see the advantages, and a lot of it comes down to personal preference - but the majority preference seems to be slipping (at least for the time being)
If you are being tied down to the iPhone 5, you may regret it if you see the new Android or WP8 phones coming out in the near future. They are shiney, and actually new - as opposed to an upgraded older design.
Just my opinion. I have an iPhone, so I'm not some kind of fanboy.

You're not tied down. I could sell the iPhone5 anytime i want Tongue
I might do it Smile Going to look around and see if there's any better deals.

RE: New Apple Products - Malibu - 2012-09-20 22:16

(2012-09-16 22:27)Bez Wrote:  I currently have the iPhone4 and i didn't bother getting the 4s, Because i knew it wouldn't be long in till the 5. I have always loved the simplicity of the iPhones iOS. But they have to add some more to the phone come on.. I might just buy the 4s now because it will be a lot cheaper and will end up having iOS6 added onto it anyways Confused Why do i need an extra row if apps when i can have unlimited pages of them?! who needs slightly thinner, slightly lighter and faster phone.. To me its a waste of money for the iPhone5 ill wait till the 6 comes out.. Wait maybe ill stay with the iPhone 4s in till the iPhone 10 comes out then maybe it will be worth it by then..

So IMO Buy the iPhone4s if you are thinking of buying an iPhone. This iPhone5 is for the fan boys & girls.

Maybe to you. To me the iPhone 4 is just a little too thick, and fro
experience with my iPod touch 4 I really missed some extra vertical length, as the width felt perfectly in my hand the new iPhone really sounds great to me.

I haven't used android in the past half year, but all my experiences with it weren't really positive. Might have changed by the latest developments but I doubt it.

All of you say that iOS is getting behind on android, could you guys elaborate on that because I'm honestly interested in information so that I pick the right phone..