[TC] Gaming Forums
- report - TheSAgibbs (Archived by BoyPower) - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: [TC] CityDriving (/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Server Administration Tasks (/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+---- Forum: Users Reporting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+----- Forum: User Reports - Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+----- Thread: - report - TheSAgibbs (Archived by BoyPower) (/showthread.php?tid=4466)

- report - TheSAgibbs (Archived by BoyPower) - Luke™ - 2012-09-23 08:38

● Your LFS Username: Lukey747

● Their LFS Username(s): TheSAgibbs
● Their LFS GameName(s): AATM/Seven

● Replay and/or Screenshot Link: https://rapidshare.com/#!download|65p10|1894922924|TheSAgibbs%20Report.mpr|3917|0|0
● Replay Timestamps: Starts at 41:34 when I come behind on HW2. 41:41 he moves onto the grass, I don't know why. 41:44 he maliciously swerves back into my path, forcing me to brake, swerve and hit the barrier. 41:49 he maliciously swerves back onto the road, then we collide badly.

● Description of incident (inc Date & Time) Date: 23 September 2012 at about 9:15 GMT. I had entered HW2, and accelerated. When I got closer to Seven, he moved onto the grass, so I continued to accelerate to pass him. When I get closer, he swerves onto the road to cut me off, forcing me to collide with the barrier. He then moves back onto the grass, so I accelerate. Before the corner, he rejoins the road again, hitting me. He says sorry, which I am not too happy about, so I say 'no problem' so we don't start to have an argument. But then he claims it's my fault for 'lightly touching him' so I got reasonably annoyed, so I posted this report because I feel like he maneuoveres were done with harmful intentions. I believe he could see me, and he did these to maneuoveres on purpose. He claims to have braked on the grass and 'lost control', but at no point were his brake light illuminated. I did not touch his rear bumper at any point either. It was also my right of way, as I was on the road, so I had not obligation to let him back onto the road. Instead of him braking on rejoining the road behind me, he decided to hit me off it.

Thanks, Luke

report - TheSAgibbs - BP - 2012-09-23 08:40

This report is being looked into. Please be patient.

RE: report - TheSAgibbs - Seven - 2012-09-23 08:51

I too watched the replay. And got my own couple notes to expand on:

I initially moved onto the grass as I was lookign at the chatbox, trying to make sence on the language the UF1 drivers were saying. I then checked my mirrors and saw Luke, I merged back onto the road in an attempt to resume driving safely. I'll just add now, my suspension was slightly damaged on both front and right-rear wheels, this didn't help.

I couldn't speed up fast enough, this caused Luke to brake (slightly late) tapping my rear wing. I again, go off the road as a result of the small accident and countersteer slightly to try keep me in a straight line. I didn't see Luke in my mirrors at this point; I assumed he had slowed back to the speed limit, so I merged back onto the road at which point my assumption was wrong. When I did see Luke's front win in my window, it was too late.

I then double-checked the argument that followed and now I'm starting to think I should have just left it alone after Luke said ''No Problem''. But of course I didn't leave it alone for a reason even I can't grasp. Also, instead of making a report, I decided to try and discuss the issue with Luke in a PM before action was taken (if it had to) but, obviously that didn't work and here we are now.

RE: report - TheSAgibbs - Luke™ - 2012-09-23 08:57

I didn't touch your rear at all, you just swerved onto the grass yourself.

RE: report - TheSAgibbs - BP - 2012-09-23 09:03

Luke, the accident wasn't your fault because he went onto the grass, pulled out in front of you back on the road and you hit the barrier, he went onto the grass again and back onto the road and then caused an accident. There was only one crash between you both.

He was pretty oblivious of the fact it was his (Gibbs') fault. Both accidents could have been avoided by both of you (one being the barrier one, and the other being where you hit each other), had you used your brakes more effectively, Luke. He said "you sped into my rear end in fairness then I hit the grass and nearly hit both of us", you didn't hit his rear end once. He said he lost control, but I reckon he could have recovered it. He may just be an inexperienced LFS driver.

To be honest, I really don't think action is needed here. He did say sorry, you said no problem, and then it was just a little bit of a dispute whether whose fault it was. Can we just leave it behind with no action taken, guys?

RE: report - TheSAgibbs - Luke™ - 2012-09-23 09:05

Sure, I'm just glad it's been sorted.

RE: report - TheSAgibbs - Seven - 2012-09-23 09:25

Yes, BoyPower, it could have been an easily avoided event. I'm happy to leave this in the past.

RE: report - TheSAgibbs - BP - 2012-09-23 09:26

Thank you guys.

No action has been taken for reasons described.

Thank you for your report.

It has now been moved to the archives.