[TC] Gaming Forums
[Implemented] [Forum Suggestion] Close the threads for the sold items. - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: [Implemented] [Forum Suggestion] Close the threads for the sold items. (/showthread.php?tid=4720)

[Forum Suggestion] Close the threads for the sold items. - KennyAE86 - 2012-10-13 03:31

I was looking at the Marketplace section or FS section, and I noticed that when the item was sold, the thread remained open. My suggestion is to close the thread so no one can post in it. It's what most of the other forums I go to do when the item was sold.

RE: [Forum Suggestion] Close the threads for the sold items. - Cola - 2012-10-13 07:18

+1 on this one.. I also suggest that the creator of the thread, should be able to close it himself when the trade is done.

RE: [Forum Suggestion] Close the threads for the sold items. - ChrisM - 2012-10-13 07:35

(2012-10-13 07:18)Cola Wrote:  .. I also suggest that the creator of the thread, should be able to close it himself when the trade is done.

What's the problem with having an admin do it?

RE: [Forum Suggestion] Close the threads for the sold items. - Johan. - 2012-10-13 08:07

Nothing but then people don't have to wait for the administrator.

RE: [Forum Suggestion] Close the threads for the sold items. - Ash - 2012-10-13 08:07

There is a tool which allows administrators and moderators to do this Smile

(2012-10-13 07:18)Cola Wrote:  +1 on this one.. I also suggest that the creator of the thread, should be able to close it himself when the trade is done.

This isn't possible I'm afraid without making everybody have moderator permissions afaik.

RE: [Forum Suggestion] Close the threads for the sold items. - BP - 2012-10-13 08:19

(2012-10-13 08:07)Ash Wrote:  This isn't possible I'm afraid without making everybody have moderator permissions afaik.

I thought there was just a box under 'Registered' users (Admin Control Panel) which you could click, something like 'Allow to close own threads', or maybe I'm thinking of something different.

RE: [Forum Suggestion] Close the threads for the sold items. - Cola - 2012-10-13 08:25

I've been messing around with both MyBB and PhpBB forums, and I'm sure that I've seen a function like that somewhere.. Maybe it's called 'Allow thread starter to close thread' or something like that. I don't remember the exact name for it.

RE: [Forum Suggestion] Close the threads for the sold items. - Elmo - 2012-10-13 08:31

It's a global setting, not forum specific. In other words, not gonna happen.

Edit:

Added an archive and a couple of mod tools

Ed2: Existing Sold tool also archives the thread.