[TC] Gaming Forums
Tow Trainer - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Tow Trainer (/showthread.php?tid=4735)

Tow Trainer - Seven - 2012-10-14 21:15

Okay, I'm not sure how to go about this, or even if the role exists (maybe it classes as trainer?) but I'd like to apply to be a Tow Trainer.

The reason being is that I've seen multiple new Tow drivers that are quite inexperienced and aren't too sure how to complete a tow that isn't a push to the pit lane. I found myself struggling to roll a guy over with one Tow parked on the side of the road and another ramming the living hell out of the guy I was trying to roll.

So then the guy ramming asked ''Can you train me to be a tow?'' I said sure, in an attempt to be helpful and that's how it crossed my mind.

If my statistics make a difference, you can see them here:
http://insim.city-driving.co.uk/license.php?username=thesagibbs

RE: Tow Trainer - KaraK - 2012-10-14 21:28

There is no such thing as TC TOW Training, we only train the cops, and even that is optional unless you lose your rights. Smile

RE: Tow Trainer - Seven - 2012-10-14 21:41

I thought it wouldn't be a role. I can see multiple sides of how it wouldn't work, like:
''How would you train them?''

It's easy to teach Cop training, it's basically car handling, manouverign and communication whereas Tow trainign would involve rolling people, pushing people and communication. I can see this being a 50/50 thing if it were to be thought of.

RE: Tow Trainer - ChrisM - 2012-10-15 08:53

It's a shame Protector isn't as active as he once was..

RE: Tow Trainer - Cola - 2012-10-15 09:02

DFT (formerly very active team on TC servers) had a tow training at some point, never really caught on though, which is also why I think it wouldn't be worth it to start it again..

RE: Tow Trainer - Chuck - 2012-10-15 09:49

There will be a written test soon. Some of those questions may even contain the physics-theory of towing. There are often standard-situations, like FXO lying on the side, "where to hit it best ?" etc. If you desperately looking for something useful to do, you could think of some of those.

RE: Tow Trainer - Seven - 2012-10-15 14:47

Some questions I'd ask are:

- Which area of your Tow car would you use to roll a car that's on it's roof?
- Which surface is best when Towing a rolled car / a car on it's side? (Road, Grass, Sand)
- What car(s) would be better for a Tow? (RB4, FXO, etc)
- Why would this/these car(s) be better?

I can think of more if needed / if I come up with more

RE: Tow Trainer - Adampower - 2012-10-15 14:56

Good questions there,

imo it doesnt really matter what car your in, as long as you have the technique correct, ie reversing into the roof area of the car when on its side.

obviously TBO more suitable than an xfr in the sand Smile

RE: Tow Trainer - Morreboy - 2012-12-13 15:59

I think we should have a tow trainer or more tow trainers. I hate when there come a tow but they can do the job because they not are trained in it

RE: Tow Trainer - Dan - 2012-12-13 16:07

It's a bit difficult with having to do TOW training? With COP, scenarios are setup on the training server (e.g. the brake test); all the barriers are setup etc. However with TOW you have to get a car that is tipped over, in the correct environment (e.g. does it have to be on the roof? does it have to be on sand?).

RE: Tow Trainer - Morreboy - 2012-12-13 16:15

can you make so YOU (trainer) can roll over in sand/dirt/road and then you can guide and train him what he should do. So you (trainer) are the guy who need help

RE: Tow Trainer - Lukeā„¢ - 2012-12-13 16:56

My group [ER] are soon to provide training for medics, tows and res, we just need to finish our training plan and map off. I don't know what sort of standing that would have with TC, maybe a TC member could come and take part when we finish it, to see what it's like?

RE: Tow Trainer - Towcat - 2012-12-13 17:58

i'm also working on a tutorial video where i show off some moves/tactics for different situations... should be finished tomorrow or the weekend.

RE: Tow Trainer - Seven - 2012-12-13 19:43

(2012-12-13 16:56)Lukey747 Wrote:  My group [ER] are soon to provide training for medics, tows and res, we just need to finish our training plan and map off. I don't know what sort of standing that would have with TC, maybe a TC member could come and take part when we finish it, to see what it's like?

I'd like to be involved please, afterall I did suggest the idea long before ER existed...

RE: Tow Trainer - Mr. NB - 2012-12-14 00:41

My opinion on the whole "tow training" thing is, that it is not needed. Comparing the police training with training for tows is quite useless, becouse being a cop is a much more complex task, than being a tow.

A video with tutorial and simple explanation of towing principles, like Towcat has suggested, would in my opinion, be much more useful. There is not that much to be learned at the end of the day and even if you do know how to flip cars back on the wheels, in most of cases it comes down to the choice of a car and setup. Even then, sometimes there is no other solution but to use hard force and hope for the best.

Also, towing is a perfect opportunity for the new players to do something else than drive around the track for gaining money, so making that too complex, with forcing them to take some kind of training before, would be kinda harsh.

Tl;dr: Towing guide (that has already existed on the old forum), with a few attached setups and possibly even a short explanation video, should do the job for the newbies.

RE: Tow Trainer - Towcat - 2012-12-16 01:43

(2012-12-14 00:41)Mr. NB Wrote:  My opinion on the whole "tow training" thing is, that it is not needed. Comparing the police training with training for tows is quite useless, becouse being a cop is a much more complex task, than being a tow.

A video with tutorial and simple explanation of towing principles, like Towcat has suggested, would in my opinion, be much more useful. There is not that much to be learned at the end of the day and even if you do know how to flip cars back on the wheels, in most of cases it comes down to the choice of a car and setup. Even then, sometimes there is no other solution but to use hard force and hope for the best.

Also, towing is a perfect opportunity for the new players to do something else than drive around the track for gaining money, so making that too complex, with forcing them to take some kind of training before, would be kinda harsh.

Tl;dr: Towing guide (that has already existed on the old forum), with a few attached setups and possibly even a short explanation video, should do the job for the newbies.

i couldn't say this better.
sorry team but i also think a seperate server for training really is a bit too much of the good.

oh and my video is finished... should be uploaded in 1 hour maximum i hope