[TC] Gaming Forums
AFK Kick needs redone - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: AFK Kick needs redone (/showthread.php?tid=5184)

AFK Kick needs redone - Blade3562 - 2012-11-30 23:36

The server has been full several times today, and when I finally got in there were again several AFK cars. I know people like to save KM but it's constantly the same people for long period of time. Is there a way to fix this so people can actually play?

RE: AFK Kick needs redone - Pete - 2012-12-01 00:05

Users are idle kicked once they have been AFK for a time pre-defined by the number of the kilometres they have in their trip-meter.

In short, if you have a lot of km's in your trip-meter, you can stay AFK longer.

The system is fair, there's always our second server.

RE: AFK Kick needs redone - Blade3562 - 2012-12-01 00:09

It's just gotten to the point where there have at some times been more AFK cars than active

Another completely random topic is users don't seem to move out of the way or stop when there is a chase, I was hit three times in a chase alone, then while responding to another, a user came out of no where and creamed me!

RE: AFK Kick needs redone - Savy - 2012-12-01 01:02

(2012-12-01 00:09)Blade3562 Wrote:  It's just gotten to the point where there have at some times been more AFK cars than active

Another completely random topic is users don't seem to move out of the way or stop when there is a chase, I was hit three times in a chase alone, then while responding to another, a user came out of no where and creamed me!

Well if that happens feel free to report them and we can deal with it and action can be taken if needed.

About the idle kick, at the moment all someone needs to do is turn their wheel left to right pretty quickly and the idle time will be reset. So in my opinion it is way too easy for someone to avoid the idle kick and just reset the timer whenever they want, which obviously allows them to stay on the server without any problems.

RE: AFK Kick needs redone - Johan. - 2012-12-01 01:14

To add on Savy's post, I would like to add a previous posted suggestion:

Quote:My suggestion is, put a 10km 'reset' for idle kick. The idle timer pauses when you start driving and 10km's later it reset's, meaning you really do have to stop being afk to stop being afk. The slots can be put to better use.

http://forum.city-driving.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=4979