[TC] Gaming Forums
Problems with ingame recording - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Community Area (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: Problems with ingame recording (/showthread.php?tid=519)

Problems with ingame recording - B!ll - 2011-10-30 23:25

Hello all.

I got interesting problems with in-game recording on my PC. I do not know exactly where is right problem.

Well, in lfs i have normaly some about 90 fps but when i start recording (Fraps, playclaw, tavity etc etc) Fps change at 4. Its not video but slideshow.

Do you someone know where is problem?

(My Computer configuration: mainboard: AsusTek M2R-FVM (chipset ATI), Graphics: Asus EN9600GT, CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+, RAM: 2x 2gb Corsair DDR2 800MHz, HDD: 320GB (dont know typ or other but can look if it is priority), System: Windows Vista home premium 32bit)

RE: Problems with ingame recording - Pete - 2011-10-30 23:28

Try turning the recording quality down a tad.

Trying to get fullsize screen captures every 25th of a second requires a hell of a lot of computing power so try 50%/75% quality shots.

RE: Problems with ingame recording - FR4NOx - 2011-10-30 23:58

Are you using anti aliasing? If so, remove it because it makes LFS lag like hell on a dual core processor (trust me, I experience it too and I have a very similar GPU and a dualcore Pentium), and/or try Bandicam and see if it lags less for you.

RE: Problems with ingame recording - Pipa - 2011-10-31 00:03

If those tips still don't get you anywhere near 30fps, then record it slower and speed it up again.

For example if you record it at 0.25x you will only need 7.5fps to reach 30fps when you speed it up again.

1 /4 = 0.25x
7,5fps x 4 = 30fps

RE: Problems with ingame recording - FR4NOx - 2011-10-31 00:13

With these tips, and a blind guess at the speed and lithography of your processor, you should be able to get 22fps on a full and empty TC server with maximum settings without anti aliasing, meanwhile about 28-35fps in single player and non insim servers (drift servers for example), with fraps based on my own experiences (a newer '08 Pentium E5300 with a GT240, a lower powered cooler 9600Gt).

I heard that Bandicam doesn't lag with nearly the same quality as fraps, I haven't tested it myself yet, but I keep metioning that as it may benefit you.

RE: Problems with ingame recording - Street - 2011-10-31 02:52

Better PC? Tongue

But yeah, record at lower qualities and lower FPS' is the quick way to go about it.

Watch your harddrive space mind, un-edited Fraps footage can be VERY big on space (I've had like, 3 minutes worth of video end up as 4GB, had to get Elmo to make me an encoder or something to compress it all Tongue )

RE: Problems with ingame recording - B!ll - 2011-10-31 11:46

Thank you for these all tips but only what worked was anti aliasing. Its impossible play for me with this graphic Wink Smile . i see one way how sad street "Better PC".

Thx again for help.

RE: Problems with ingame recording - FR4NOx - 2011-10-31 12:18

Hehe it's your dual core CPU of course! Fraps is best with at least 4 cores in my opinion. Tongue

RE: Problems with ingame recording - B!ll - 2011-10-31 16:12

i mean playclaw is maybe better than Fraps. More setting than fraps.

RE: Problems with ingame recording - Malibu - 2011-10-31 18:41

Fraps works fine with me, and my PC is shitty, as long as you record from replays at least Tongue

RE: Problems with ingame recording - FR4NOx - 2011-10-31 19:06

I have tried Playclaw, it's not great. Have you though about trying Bandicam, B!ll?

Playclaw lags more than Fraps. Bandicam only lags a little bit, if it even lags at all.

RE: Problems with ingame recording - B!ll - 2011-10-31 21:16

(2011-10-31 19:06)Kenwood Wrote:  I have tried Playclaw, it's not great. Have you though about trying Bandicam, B!ll?

Now i tried and still without changes.. 4FPS ftl Cursing

Ill try buy 2nd HDD i readed something and this looks like my problem. When it will no work its time for new PC. Anyway GTA5 will com and i need it for this funny game :drool:

RE: Problems with ingame recording - FR4NOx - 2011-10-31 21:31

Nope a hard drive won't fix anything unless you want more space to record. It's your CPU. What socket is your CPU? fraps and playclaw need at least 3 cores to run well on high settings.

RE: Problems with ingame recording - B!ll - 2011-10-31 21:51

Socket is AM2 (940).

Core speed 995.0 MHz, Multiplier x5.0, Bus speed 199MHz, HT link 995MHz

Cache L1 data 2x64KBytes, L1 inst. 2x64KBytes, Level2 2x512KBytes.

So only better PC can help? I mean it from your answers.
I not see future in only change CPU..

EDIT: well now i was on E-shop with PC components and this socket is rly old Smile

RE: Problems with ingame recording - FR4NOx - 2011-10-31 22:15

Yeah, AM2 is pretty well out the door. Tongue

Well for the time being I'd record without AA to get more fps, and you should probably invest in a small upgrade, AMD parts are cheap actually.

But with your specs, you can't record with antialiasing. What res are you recording at?

RE: Problems with ingame recording - B!ll - 2011-10-31 22:28

ehm it is not graphic without AA Wink. iam on 1920x1080 all is ok but cant record its first problem on pc.. ok 2nd problem first was GTA4 with 1GB ram only (impossible to run).

I want doing videos with details and no "pixels wars" like nub Wink

RE: Problems with ingame recording - FR4NOx - 2011-10-31 22:51

Ok just looked at the specs of your processor...It's a socket 939 (ancient), looks like it has the performance of a slower Pentium D Prescott, I'm not sure if your computer can adequately handle GTA 4 let alone fraps with it. You really can't record well unless you reduce most of the settings in LFS to record wherever, and you can't record on TC because the insim eats a lot of fps.

You should upgrade to a better computer, it's going to be hard at that resolution too.

I reccomend recording at a lower res like 1280x720.