[TC] Gaming Forums
FXO vs RB4 vs LX6 - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Community Area (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Forum: Live for Speed Area (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Thread: FXO vs RB4 vs LX6 (/showthread.php?tid=5191)

FXO vs RB4 vs LX6 - Blade3562 - 2012-12-01 14:10

Ok so in my random times driving, I can't decide which of these cars take the cake. Seems like the RB4 doesn't get stuck, but the FXO can handle. All while the LX6 can accelerate like a bat out of Hell. So my question to you gentlemen is which one should I buy on the server. Arguements for or against will all be considered(the LX4 is also an option). Is there an advantage server to server? I see Montana in chases tends to have short cuts and I always spin out in the XRT lol

RE: FXO vs RB4 vs LX6 - Nipper - 2012-12-01 14:14

Depends on an individuals driving skill.

LX's are quick, very nimble, but also quite tricky for beginners. Less top end though.

FXO is best all round car, quick, easy to handle, safe FWD, majority of cops use it exclusively.

RB4 if you want to be a "rammer" suspect, where you just push your way through anything the cops can throw at you. Beware your clutch.

I suggest taking a RAC.

RE: FXO vs RB4 vs LX6 - Kayla - 2012-12-01 14:37

RB4 doesn't mean "rammer suspect". Just mentioning. Of course you can have a setup which makes your RB4 being a tank (yes, really.), but it's also a nice car to drive, without being the "rammer suspect". It really just depends on what you like / dislike and can / can't handle. RWD, FWD, 4WD.

RE: FXO vs RB4 vs LX6 - Blade3562 - 2012-12-01 15:02

I wish they would update the FXO rims still S1 wheels lol(optional rims would be nice Tongue). Never considered the RAC, I've tried drifting it to no avail. So maybe it would be good for handling.

I'd be using it on the police side so more concerned about even performance/handling, but the LX accel sounds like what I need.

RE: FXO vs RB4 vs LX6 - Kieran - 2012-12-01 16:57

LX's are rubbish in chases as you can't pit manourver very well as it is light and you damage suspension, it also isn't any good for roadblock/boxing as it is light enough to get pushed by most cars.

RE: FXO vs RB4 vs LX6 - Audiojack - 2012-12-01 18:04

I would go for the RB4, I don't see what problem people have with its clutch?

RE: FXO vs RB4 vs LX6 - BP - 2012-12-01 18:15

(2012-12-01 14:10)Blade3562 Wrote:  Ok so in my random times driving, I can't decide which of these cars take the cake. Seems like the RB4 doesn't get stuck, but the FXO can handle. All while the LX6 can accelerate like a bat out of Hell. So my question to you gentlemen is which one should I buy on the server. Arguements for or against will all be considered(the LX4 is also an option). Is there an advantage server to server? I see Montana in chases tends to have short cuts and I always spin out in the XRT lol

RB4 is all right as an all rounder, but its main speciality is most probably Jamaica, because, as you said, it's not known for getting stuck. Doesn't take an awful lot of skill to drive too, unless you want to be ultra quick.

The FXO is an all rounder for any track and doesn't take that much skill to drive, like the RB4.

The LX6 is probably the worst option unless you're really experienced at it. I find that it has too much power considering its weight and I struggle to even keep it in a straight line. The car is a beast in the right hands but even then, if you're in a chase and it's pitted, you probably don't stand much of a chance.

To conclude, go for the FXO!

RE: FXO vs RB4 vs LX6 - Mr. NB - 2012-12-01 18:28

Down to what you like personally, really.

From those, i'd go with an FXO, however, if it was me, i'd spare more money and buy FZ5.

But when it comes to having fun while driving, RAC wins hands down for me. LX6 is close, but i stil prefer RAC.

RE: FXO vs RB4 vs LX6 - Brad - 2012-12-02 12:28

I've only ever driven the LX6 on the server, and I really like the car. For copping.... you just have to be patient and selective when it comes to making contact - might not be to everyones tastes, and is almost iompossible when you come up against a heavy FWD or an RB4.

So: For cruising, i'd say LX6. For copping, FXO. Decide which one is more important to you Tongue

RE: FXO vs RB4 vs LX6 - Tommer - 2012-12-02 19:21

FXO In my opinion makes a great cop car and has advantages over the typically used FZ because it will get around corners much faster, is agile, and you're unlikely to spin out as a cop driving a FWD when you PIT someone.

RB4 is not so great for it's turning circle but arguably can be faster in the corners at the expense of tyre wear by brute force aiming into the corner and generally it's abit boat esque "aim there and it will eventually go there" but each to there own. It can pick up the pace quite fast but watch the clutch, when you floor it the wheels won't spin, the clutch will just burn. It's quite heavy which can be a pro and a con depending on how you look at it.

Lx6 is a good example of a bad choice for a cop car. Light and RWD and PIT manouver do not go hand in hand. It is good however for outrunning the cop's so long as you can avoid getting hit since it's abit fragile.

RE: FXO vs RB4 vs LX6 - Elmo - 2012-12-03 17:38

(2012-12-02 19:21)Tommer Wrote:  RB4 is not so great for it's turning circle but arguably can be faster in the corners at the expense of tyre wear by brute force aiming into the corner and generally it's abit boat esque "aim there and it will eventually go there" but each to there own. It can pick up the pace quite fast but watch the clutch, when you floor it the wheels won't spin, the clutch will just burn. It's quite heavy which can be a pro and a con depending on how you look at it.

Most of that is due to the setup, not the car.
Poor turning circle is usually caused by locked diffs, as is some of the tyre wear.
It's actually slightly lighter than the XRT, but is down on torque and revs. That added to the 4WD means you have to choose between potential clutch issues and overall acceleration when choosing gear ratios.
It should be faster through slower corners due to the extra 4WD traction, provided the setup isn't too terrible.
You shouldn't generally need to "throw in and pray" to get round corners, but it does need a very different driving style and is very hard to set up for a nice overall balance. It can be a bit floaty round fast corners if you're too happy with the loud pedal though, because the extra forward force on the tyres can overwhelm the tyres' traction. Relying on locked diffs encourages you to use too much throttle.

RE: FXO vs RB4 vs LX6 - Blade3562 - 2012-12-04 00:18

Well I screwed myself and bought the FZ5, hated it and sold it, then bought the FXO(great car love it!), the bought the LX4(regret not waiting for the LX6), and no am saving towards the RB4.

I feel like the FXO gearing is limited in my current setup as I can accelerate well, but not well enough. The LX4 is a great vehicle and handles super well, I have noticed with my setup that if I get hit in a moderate accident it's all over. It fits my driving style very well so maybe I will buy the LX6 before the RB4.