[TC] Gaming Forums
Switch Panel & PC - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Community Area (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Forum: Technology Area (/forumdisplay.php?fid=82)
+---- Forum: Tech Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=85)
+---- Thread: Switch Panel & PC (/showthread.php?tid=5223)

Switch Panel & PC - Josh - 2012-12-03 18:31

I have a couple of old Woodway switch panels laying about, these things:

[Image: $(KGrHqRHJCwFBoew615DBQiYRMpk+Q~~60_12.JPG]

How hard would it be to get this as a working controller with my PC (if possible)? What would I need to do it?

Josh.

RE: Switch Panel & PC - Tommer - 2012-12-03 19:30

Not so much a helpful post but holyheck if you get that working that'll be so awesome. xD

RE: Switch Panel & PC - Zipppy - 2012-12-03 20:05

replace the internal parts with controller ones maybe?

RE: Switch Panel & PC - Josh - 2012-12-03 20:23

What sort of parts could that be? I don't know anything about the workings of electronics.

RE: Switch Panel & PC - Cola - 2012-12-03 21:13

My best bet would be to somehow find out of all the inner workings of it (ask someone who knows alot about circuits etc.) and somehow get a PCB and some stuff. Maybe use an old keyboard or something like that. (the pressure pads) It is possible one way or another. Just needs some modifications though.

RE: Switch Panel & PC - Zipppy - 2012-12-03 23:09

to add to the above, if a keyboard doesn't suffice, maybe dissecting an old controller full of buttons could work...

I personally would get a cheap gamepad with a USB interface if you don't have an old controller worth gutting.

RE: Switch Panel & PC - Elmo - 2012-12-04 11:52

2 options

1. Take it apart and see if it's possible to directly tap into the individual buttons. If so, find a cheap controller with enough buttons that allows you to do the same (good luck).

2. Get yourself a microcontroller/dev board with some decent GPIO and find a spec for the pad or variously hack/reverse engineer it, using the MC/dev board as a generic USB HID.