[TC] Gaming Forums
Siren System - Work In Progress - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Community Area (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Forum: Live for Speed Area (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Thread: Siren System - Work In Progress (/showthread.php?tid=5255)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Siren System - Work In Progress - Tommer - 2012-12-15 13:23

Yes. I plan to have indicator functionality so there is no need to launch extra software.

Thanks for helping. I will work to add Thrustmaster Functionality into the software.

I have a queery however. With the image you have shown me, what are buttons 11 and 12 referring to?

RE: Siren System - Work In Progress - Towcat - 2012-12-15 13:31

they are behind the wheel, both in the down right corner (i use them as indicator)

RE: Siren System - Work In Progress - Tommer - 2012-12-15 15:13

Learn something new every day. Noted Smile

RE: Siren System - Work In Progress - Rasmus - 2012-12-15 15:32

YaY Tommers done soon Biggrin

RE: Siren System - Work In Progress - Tommer - 2012-12-15 15:36

You wish. It's coming along nicely though.

RE: Siren System - Work In Progress - Rasmus - 2012-12-15 16:01

Yes i wish, What more u need to be done ? Biggrin

RE: Siren System - Work In Progress - Tommer - 2012-12-15 16:46

Read my previous posts and you'll know.

RE: Siren System - Work In Progress - Rasmus - 2012-12-15 19:12

I did Tommer, But i dont really get it all this programming is not me

RE: Siren System - Work In Progress - Tommer - 2012-12-15 21:13

(2012-12-15 19:12)Rasmus Wrote:  I did Tommer, But i dont really get it all this programming is not me

Got nothing to do with programming - need people to tell me the buttons of there various wheels Smile

RE: Siren System - Work In Progress - Towcat - 2012-12-16 02:38

(2012-12-15 13:23)Tommer Wrote:  Yes. I plan to have indicator functionality so there is no need to launch extra software.

in my current program i can set a value for the wheel angle when the indicator turns off automatically, like in a real car.
would be useful too

RE: Siren System - Work In Progress - Mr. NB - 2012-12-18 02:34

(2012-12-05 23:41)Josh Wrote:  You could easily write a script (or Profiler Script) that Stops the horn, changes it, restarts the horn in one button click - This would prevent sound lag and of course wouldn't be any hassle whilst chasing.

Might sound stupid, but i have actually never thought of that, lol.

My bind currently looks like that - from Horn 5 to Horn 4 with Elmo's TCLights:

Code:
Press Page Up
Release Page Up
Press Shift
Press H
Press H
Press H
Press H
Release Shift
Press Page Up
Release Page Up

Same thing for from Horn 4 to Horn 5, but with one Shift + H.

I really do hope that this will prevent the sound lag.

RE: Siren System - Work In Progress - Pete - 2012-12-18 03:36

Tommer, what are you writing this program in and why did you decide to build it on top of this "Autohotkey" thing? Wouldn't it be nicer if you implemented your own method of sending keys rather than relying on a piece of 3rd party software?

A torrent of questions I know, but I'm Interested.

RE: Siren System - Work In Progress - Tommer - 2012-12-18 08:45

(2012-12-18 03:36)Lampshade Wrote:  Tommer, what are you writing this program in and why did you decide to build it on top of this "Autohotkey" thing? Wouldn't it be nicer if you implemented your own method of sending keys rather than relying on a piece of 3rd party software?

A torrent of questions I know, but I'm Interested.

The program is written in Autohotkey's own scripting language and I chose to build it using this language because put simply this language is the best for the job, because it's very flexible, and easy to learn. Generally what i want to do it's specializing in.

Finding errors is fairly easy using it too because it tells you exactly what line the problem is on, to an experienced programmer that's probably not that important but for me the average noob this is a lifesaver Tongue

I assume with the last thing you mean, eg writing the program natively, honestly, I wouldn't have known where to start with that, it would take me far too long just to create a simple application Smile this one does the job efficiently and is fairly lightweight as far as I am concerned Smile

RE: Siren System - Work In Progress - Pete - 2012-12-18 08:59

Ah I see, so AutoHotkey provides you with the ability to make your own GUI for customised key-sending scripts? If so, good find, might have to have a play around with it at some point.

Writing a program like TC lights is fairly simple once you've worked out how to get a program "out-of-focus" to interact with a program that's currently "in-focus", that's where you'd start if you were to do it from scratch. Sending 1 key from your program to a program like Notepad for instance can be done in not long at all once you've researched sending keys. Then you just need to extend it for use with LFS (Holding down the horn button for instance).

RE: Siren System - Work In Progress - Tommer - 2012-12-18 09:12

Yes, you can build basic GUI's with Autohotkey and go so far as to tell it to read/write files and registry entries which is useful for saving information written into the GUI. An example of how my GUI is built in which information can be saved to an .ini file;

What's written to the ini file (Click to View)
Some pictures too Tongue

[Image: capture2db.jpg]
[Image: capture1xx.jpg]

RE: Siren System - Work In Progress - Pete - 2012-12-18 09:51

To be fair, that is quite neat. Commenting with semicolons though, hideous!

RE: Siren System - Work In Progress - Tommer - 2012-12-18 10:14

(2012-12-18 09:51)Lampshade Wrote:  To be fair, that is quite neat. Commenting with semicolons though, hideous!

To be fair you only have to use one semicolon

; Comment

But I just did did it like a mess because reasons Tongue

RE: Siren System - Work In Progress - Lewis - 2012-12-18 11:28

Looking good Tommer!
Can't wait to use it!!

RE: Siren System - Work In Progress - Pete - 2012-12-18 12:53

(2012-12-18 10:14)Tommer Wrote:  
(2012-12-18 09:51)Lampshade Wrote:  To be fair, that is quite neat. Commenting with semicolons though, hideous!

To be fair you only have to use one semicolon

; Comment

But I just did did it like a mess because reasons Tongue

lol, duh, I know but /'s are so much better Tongue