[TC] Gaming Forums
28 Dead After Shooting At Connecticut Elementary School - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Community Area (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: 28 Dead After Shooting At Connecticut Elementary School (/showthread.php?tid=5398)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

28 Dead After Shooting At Connecticut Elementary School - Mr. NB - 2012-12-15 01:06

"A gunman killed 26 people, 20 of them children, in a shooting today at an elementary school in Newtown, Connecticut, about 100km northeast of New York City, a law enforcement official said.

The gunman then shot and killed himself inside the school. Another shooting victim connected to the gunman was found at a second scene at Newtown, police confirmed. This brings the death toll to 28."

More: http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2012/1214/breaking44.html

RE: 28 Dead After Shooting At Connecticut Elementary School - Stunna - 2012-12-15 01:14

Absolutely terrible, when I first turned on the news it was three people. Now it's 28. RIP. Sad

RE: 28 Dead After Shooting At Connecticut Elementary School - Stephen - 2012-12-15 01:20

why do people do such utterly stupid things like this, he could have at least stayed alive to face his punishment, *Removed* coward.

RE: 28 Dead After Shooting At Connecticut Elementary School - Ras - 2012-12-15 01:23

It's so tragic. I don't really know what to say. I just can't understand how someone could do this.

All of them (except the killer), Rest In Peace and god bless their families.

RE: 28 Dead After Shooting At Connecticut Elementary School - Mr. NB - 2012-12-15 01:36

I feel sorry for their families. It all happened around the time of christmas aswell, which makes it even more sad.

Also happened on the same day - Man slashes 22 children in China: http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2012/1214/breaking49.html.

What in the living hell is going on with people...

RE: 28 Dead After Shooting At Connecticut Elementary School - Tommer - 2012-12-15 01:42

Wow.. that's just shocking.. how many peoples lives did that guy destroy? for what personal gain..? Shocking how selfish and ignorant people are..

RE: 28 Dead After Shooting At Connecticut Elementary School - Malibu - 2012-12-15 01:57

I wonder how many times this still has to happen before they understand that their weapons laws are shit.

Oh and by the way, I'm not a hundred percent sure but I read that this guy had autism and other kinds of mental illnesses. You can't blame him, the government and his mom are to blame.

RE: 28 Dead After Shooting At Connecticut Elementary School - Adampower - 2012-12-15 02:04

Autism you can't blame on the government or parents, perhaps the laws for this person to have access to a firearm. Autism isn't caused by bad parenting and is diagnosed as an excuse for bad behavior unlike when kids are said to have ADHD .

RE: 28 Dead After Shooting At Connecticut Elementary School - Malibu - 2012-12-15 02:08

What if this guy stole his moms firearms? Would that be the parents fault then?

Besides, people with autism and psychological issues are supposed to be under supervision and not left alone at home with firearms for grabs. Government is also at fault, those who deny that after multiple similar incidents are ignorant, this is a structural problem.

RE: 28 Dead After Shooting At Connecticut Elementary School - Blade3562 - 2012-12-15 02:45

This does not need to be turned into another firearms debate. I think are gun laws are strict enough as is. We have a nice firearm collection and I love to waste my money on target practice. There's a story about a county in Georgia requiring every head of a house to own a firearm, only 3 accidents involving firearms have occurred since the laws mandate. All of which took place in locations where possession of a firearm is illegal. Lawbreakers don't care about laws or they wouldn't be lawbreakers. I will always own firearms and can't wait to turn 21 to get my class 3 so I can own fully automatic weapons legally.

I understand this man had some sort of autistic problem. If this was the case how did he have access to weapons? Not to sound rude, but if my child was a *Removed* I would have all my guns under lock and key and not ever let him know where they are stored. My question is how did he get into the school? Someone visiting a school typically has to sign in and wait to be taken in. I went to visit a high school teacher and wasn't allowed to during the school day. Even though I only graduated from there two years ago!

But please don't take anger out on the firearms, I mean after all if guns kill people, spoons made Rosie O'Donnell fat.

RE: 28 Dead After Shooting At Connecticut Elementary School - Sinoco - 2012-12-15 03:41

It's about having a society in which the citizens think that guns are a right. In the USA, there are 88.8 guns per 100 people (the highest in the world). It is ridiculous that in places in the country, you are allowed to carry automated assault rifles down the street. The problem is that there are many people who want to commit violent acts. The main issue arises where guns are so accessible, in many states, you just need to be of age to purchase a gun, no permits. In Canada, I wouldn't have the slightest clue of how to get a gun, let alone passing the courses required to purchase a handgun. Less gun crimes will be committed when there are less guns, it's just common sense.

RE: 28 Dead After Shooting At Connecticut Elementary School - Blade3562 - 2012-12-15 04:43

The second amendment clearly gives us the right to bear arms which allows us to defend ourselves from those crazy people. If I didn't own a gun I wouldn't feel safe! I feel it should be 100/100 people owning guns. If you broke into a house knowing everyone was armed it's your own damn fault if you get shot. I hate the ignorance towards fun related acts blaming the gun for the incident and not the people responsible for the safety of the people in the building.

And common sense says less guns more violence because less people can fight back. More guns less violence!

RE: 28 Dead After Shooting At Connecticut Elementary School - ChrisM - 2012-12-15 06:38

*Removed* chicken - shit piece of trash. cant even take his punishment. Absolutely shocking these things happening in the world, i do believe everything is just going to the shit these days.

May their souls rest in peace and my condolences go out to their families who have lost.

Such a shame to see this, and so close to christmas too. Presents will be unopened. Hopefully Obama pulls a finger out of his ass and does something about it.

RE: 28 Dead After Shooting At Connecticut Elementary School - Stephen - 2012-12-15 06:40

I would say completely the opposite. The more people that have guns, the higher the chance of people committing gun crimes, that's just common sense. Guns are so easy to use and so easy to just pull the trigger for some if they have no concept of human life or understand how the loss of a family member can dramatically affect their lives. Some people don't understand the consequences, some do not want to face them and take the cowardly way out. Either that or America prioritises gun crimes over any other crime on the news.

The gun related news we have here is police shooting suspects committing other crimes, threatening with knives/hostages/bomb threats just to name a few.

I'm not saying that everywhere with access to guns are bad, just that people have bad influences that can drive them to doing idiotic and selfish things that affect more than just themselves.

RE: 28 Dead After Shooting At Connecticut Elementary School - Blade3562 - 2012-12-15 08:09

If you want to add laws to stop stupidity it won't help you'll just infringe on the rights of true Americans like me who believe in the constitution. Our house has never been broken into(knock on wood as i heard movement downstairs as i type at 3:00am) because people know we have firearms and are willing to use them. 22 pistol at the ready and pistol grip 12 gauge inches away, but back on topic. People who use weapons for unintended purposes don't far about laws. School areas already prohibit firearms yet most shootings occur there, see how much the laws affected the criminal... People who live in countries with strict gun laws don't understand why it's so great in America to be able to defend yourself or enjoy sport shooting. It's an awesome thing, but without it I may as well drop my drawers and go into a prison and take it. Can't run 700feet per second, don't mess with my stuff, plain and simple.

Really the better thing to do would be to monitor what is shown on TV and in video games. My 10 year old cousin played Black Ops II on release day... I didn't play a rated M game til I was in 8th grade and that was just Halo CE! Nowadays GTA IV is so real my buddy and I joke about doing the shit we do in game for real! Some people actually test this.

And by the way Mr shit for brains Obama already tried to convince America of needed fun laws by supplying Mexican drug cartels with assault rifles which came back and killed many Americans but he claimed executive privilege to cover it up...

Sorry to get aggravated but my weapons come third after my cars, and my loved ones. No one can take them away from me so long as I live.

RE: 28 Dead After Shooting At Connecticut Elementary School - Malibu - 2012-12-15 10:00

(2012-12-15 04:43)Blade3562 Wrote:  And common sense says less guns more violence because less people can fight back. More guns less violence!

'MURICA

Where stupidity is common sense.

I'm not saying owning firearms should be illegal, in my country it's not illegal either but we have very strict rules for them. And you are just saying it's not the firearms laws because you want to keep all of your weapons without any sort of restriction, and this makes you selfish.

RE: 28 Dead After Shooting At Connecticut Elementary School - Cyanide Christ - 2012-12-15 10:02

(2012-12-15 02:45)Blade3562 Wrote:  There's a story about a county in Georgia requiring every head of a house to own a firearm, only 3 accidents involving firearms have occurred since the laws mandate. All of which took place in locations where possession of a firearm is illegal.

If _guns_ were illegal that number could be 0

(2012-12-15 02:45)Blade3562 Wrote:  My question is how did he get into the school? Someone visiting a school typically has to sign in and wait to be taken in. I went to visit a high school teacher and wasn't allowed to during the school day. Even though I only graduated from there two years ago!
(2012-12-15 02:45)Blade3562 Wrote:  Lawbreakers don't care about laws or they wouldn't be lawbreakers.

RE: 28 Dead After Shooting At Connecticut Elementary School - FR4NOx - 2012-12-15 10:17

The issues with prohibition in the USA is that there's always a black market, and it's always huge. Prohibiting guns would only force people to smuggle it in like drugs.

Note: I'm neutral on the subject of gun control.

I actually live in such a safe neighborhood, my neighbors leave their keys in their cars and leave their doors unlocked.

It's unfortunate that this happened, but mental illness seems to be on the rise in this country. Confused

RE: 28 Dead After Shooting At Connecticut Elementary School - Pipa - 2012-12-15 10:51

(2012-12-15 08:09)Blade3562 Wrote:  Really the better thing to do would be to monitor what is shown on TV and in video games. My 10 year old cousin played Black Ops II on release day...

Violent video games are not the problem here. The problem is that these people are mentally ill and their sourroundings only supply the weapon of choice and obviously they will try to get a weapon that kills as many as possible as quickly as possible and is easy to get.

Since guns even in germany are easy to get it is the weapon of choice for such a massacre. In my oppinion human beings in general have too many weaknesses which make weapons for them a questionable topic.

(2012-12-15 08:09)Blade3562 Wrote:  Sorry to get aggravated but my weapons come third after my cars, and my loved ones. No one can take them away from me so long as I live.

That just means you don't argue rational on this topic.

RE: 28 Dead After Shooting At Connecticut Elementary School - Audiojack - 2012-12-15 12:29

About being a coward, why would these people want to not kill themselves afterwards? They already hate their life and now they are going to face up charges and either jail where they'll get poked in the butt by big ugly guys, or some sort of depressing mental institute. Before, during and after these sorts of acts, the people committing know perfectly well that their life ends there.

So why not literally end it too? I know I would if I was in that position.