[TC] Gaming Forums
28 Dead After Shooting At Connecticut Elementary School - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Community Area (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: 28 Dead After Shooting At Connecticut Elementary School (/showthread.php?tid=5398)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: 28 Dead After Shooting At Connecticut Elementary School - Street - 2012-12-19 23:56

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uwAo8lcAC4

Thought this belonged here

RE: 28 Dead After Shooting At Connecticut Elementary School - Bez - 2012-12-20 07:11

Administrator Message by: Adam

Removed

RE: 28 Dead After Shooting At Connecticut Elementary School - Malibu - 2012-12-20 09:47

Waaaay too soon.

RE: 28 Dead After Shooting At Connecticut Elementary School - Blade3562 - 2012-12-20 18:26

I just found out more info on Connecticut firearms laws. It turns out they already follow an "assault rifle" ban. Meaning no military grade weapons and no high capacity mags. Yet Adam Lanza still was able to procure the weapons illegally. Just another example how guns laws only help the bad guys. He was also in a weapon free zone, as stated by the Citizens Protection Act of 1990.

I like the idea of putting veterans to work as school security gaurds! But first they would have to get rid Citizens Protection Act or modify it allowing authorized civilians to be armed gaurds. Any man/woman who uses the firearm for other purposes shall be removed from his post and of someone is injured by malfeasance be given te death penalty.

RE: 28 Dead After Shooting At Connecticut Elementary School - KaraK - 2012-12-20 21:57

(2012-12-20 18:26)Blade3562 Wrote:  Yet Adam Lanza still was able to procure the weapons illegally. Just another example how guns laws only help the bad guys.

His mum actually bought the gun. So even though he 'stole' it from his mum, you can't say he obtained it on the black market or anything.

RE: 28 Dead After Shooting At Connecticut Elementary School - Cyanide Christ - 2012-12-21 00:45

(2012-12-20 18:26)Blade3562 Wrote:  Yet Adam Lanza still was able to procure the weapons illegally. Just another example how guns laws only help the bad guys.

I'd like to know how the hell the gun laws help with getting guns herp derp my god hurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrdurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

RE: 28 Dead After Shooting At Connecticut Elementary School - Audiojack - 2012-12-21 00:56

At this point, since everyone already has guns and they're not gonna give them up, I'd rather enforce better gun storage, so only the person that has the license for the gun has the right to get to the place it's being held in, which must be really safely locked.

RE: 28 Dead After Shooting At Connecticut Elementary School - KaraK - 2012-12-21 09:08

(2012-12-21 00:45)Hoshisan Wrote:  

I'd like to know how the hell the gun laws help with getting guns herp derp my god hurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrdurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Because the good guys stick to the law, and don't get the guns.
However the bad guys don't, and get them illegally.

RE: 28 Dead After Shooting At Connecticut Elementary School - Pipa - 2012-12-21 21:44

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2251762/NRA-statement-Sandy-Hook-shooting-Wayne-LaPierres-astonishing-response-calls-guns.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Is that guy for real? Obviously he won't bite the hand that feeds him, but that is quite painful to read.

RE: 28 Dead After Shooting At Connecticut Elementary School - Blade3562 - 2012-12-22 16:02

I agree with the NRA rep, put people to work and make me feel safer about my future kids shook attendance.

Also, greater backup for my viewpoint. All you gentlemen obviously like cars, but you don't blame the car for a DUI, so should we outlaw lamborghinis and limit cars to 100hp and 70mph so drunk drivers can't cause high speed collisions... That's exactly how firearm opposition sounds.

RE: 28 Dead After Shooting At Connecticut Elementary School - Sinoco - 2012-12-22 16:26

(2012-12-22 16:02)Blade3562 Wrote:  I agree with the NRA rep, put people to work and make me feel safer about my future kids shook attendance.

Also, greater backup for my viewpoint. All you gentlemen obviously like cars, but you don't blame the car for a DUI, so should we outlaw lamborghinis and limit cars to 100hp and 70mph so drunk drivers can't cause high speed collisions... That's exactly how firearm opposition sounds.

Argument: Lets put veterans into schools.
Ok, so you want to put people with PTSD into a situation where there are always conflicts, fights, etc. and give them a gun? Good idea...

Argument: People with guns at schools will stop shootings.
There were two police officers stationed at Columbine. Did that stop it? Nope. There was a police station AT Virginia Tech, that did not stop the shooting there. How about Fort Hood? If only there were more people with guns there, nobody would have been killed. Oh wait, everybody there had guns. Guns do not stop shootings, they do make the country a more dangerous place though.

RE: 28 Dead After Shooting At Connecticut Elementary School - Blade3562 - 2012-12-22 17:03

The statement about Colombine futher proves the point. People need to be at every door not just one. Campus Police like Virginia Tech are a joke. They can't do anything and are only at one facility not every single building... Your argument is proved invalid again. And saying everyone at Fort Hood has weapons is a very false statement. Everyone has access to firearms if the need arises. The weapons are stored in various armories around the base. Many locations on base do not have armories or firearms. The military is very very strict on firearms policies.

And not every veteran has PTSD... Many served their careers on bases stateside as MPs or other misc staff like my uncle. Saying they are incapable and will just shoot to stop anything is the most ignorant statement I have ever heard and is very very offensive.

RE: 28 Dead After Shooting At Connecticut Elementary School - Sinoco - 2012-12-22 17:25

(2012-12-22 17:03)Blade3562 Wrote:  The statement about Colombine futher proves the point. People need to be at every door not just one. Campus Police like Virginia Tech are a joke. They can't do anything and are only at one facility not every single building... Your argument is proved invalid again. And saying everyone at Fort Hood has weapons is a very false statement. Everyone has access to firearms if the need arises. The weapons are stored in various armories around the base. Many locations on base do not have armories or firearms. The military is very very strict on firearms policies.

And not every veteran has PTSD... Many served their careers on bases stateside as MPs or other misc staff like my uncle. Saying they are incapable and will just shoot to stop anything is the most ignorant statement I have ever heard and is very very offensive.

PTSD prevalance is 6x more in Veterans (30.9% for males, 26.9% for females) than in the general public (Veterans Affairs), so no, that is not an ignorant statement. You just show your incompetence again and again. I find it quite amusing that you cannot show a single case where having "good guys with guns" (as I hear it put most often) actually saves lives. I can show you numerous instances where it does nothing at all, and we have showed you how having the most guns per capita in the world has actually caused more deaths.

EDIT: Oh, and I did not say that we will shoot anything. I am saying that when you put people who have a very high chance of having a mental disorder that affects their judgement into a volatile situation, and give them a gun, you can expect that things might get out of hand. Please do not twist my words.

RE: 28 Dead After Shooting At Connecticut Elementary School - Blade3562 - 2012-12-22 17:53

You are saying every veteran is a crazy gun wielding wanna kill it all maniac... That is a blatant attack against the millions of veterans who served or died for their countries just like perfectly normal people. Sure a percentage may be more likely to have it, but there are plenty of crazies out there that didn't serve in the military...Batman shooter, Colombine etc...

As for examples, Boom: http://nakedlaw.avvo.com/crime/8-horrible-crimes-stopped-by-legal-gun-owners.html there are literally millions of examples, and many more instances where people carrying firearms have prevented a hostile act from ever happening. Our gas station is situated in an area where gun fights and drug deals used to occur, now we have armed security and theft and violence is almost null. Without the security being there I personally would have been attack twice in my year working here. Armed security works and I'm here to this day because of it.

More facts: http://dailyanarchist.com/2012/07/31/auditing-shooting-rampage-statistics/

Ever hear of the gun store robbed at gunpoint? Nope the idiot that attempted to do so was shot and killed....

RE: 28 Dead After Shooting At Connecticut Elementary School - Adampower - 2012-12-23 15:35

In the UK, many schools have had fences like these installed:

[Image: 1780974413.jpg]

Which are closed when school starts and opens when school ends. Now, there has been many shootings on the streets of Liverpool lately, all target of course over drugs usually. Very hard to get a firearm here, in my view with more guns, kids around here will want to play soldier more and people end up getting killed.

Now the fact your saying guns are for security, there was statistics released in the US every year 10,000 people are killed by the use of a firearm here its around 100 iirc. I think it is very ignorant to not acknowledge that guns cause more deaths.

RE: 28 Dead After Shooting At Connecticut Elementary School - Nammi - 2012-12-23 17:29

(2012-12-22 17:53)Blade3562 Wrote:  Our gas station is situated in an area where gun fights and drug deals used to occur, now we have armed security and theft and violence is almost null. Without the security being there I personally would have been attack twice in my year working here. Armed security works and I'm here to this day because of it.

congratulations! you managed to go from uncivilized to stone age.

RE: 28 Dead After Shooting At Connecticut Elementary School - Pipa - 2012-12-23 18:01

(2012-12-22 17:53)Blade3562 Wrote:  Ever hear of the gun store robbed at gunpoint?

Without guns both sides could have survived.

RE: 28 Dead After Shooting At Connecticut Elementary School - Blade3562 - 2012-12-23 20:47

(2012-12-23 18:01)Pipa Wrote:  
(2012-12-22 17:53)Blade3562 Wrote:  Ever hear of the gun store robbed at gunpoint?

Without guns both sides could have survived.

It never happened... No one is stupid enough. So you'd rather fly on a plane with an air Marshall with no weapon while a terrorist could still have one...

The fact of the matter is the Colonies kicked England's rear end because we had our own firearms, if we don't keep them we will never stand a chance from foreign attacks. We could become the United Colonial States of Japan for all we know.

I can keep arguing but the fact is most of you will never see the light from this side as you've never had the privlage. Our lifestyle is what it is.

People die always, what about my high school neighbor who died from a seizure? That didn't make national news. The media shows what it wants to, so it can persuade your views. Think, not one assault rifle was used yet they want to ban assault weapons... Ever see Cars 2? The point of the movie was to say oil is bad we need something else, oil companies are bad people.

In a perfect world with no bad guys your gun control ideas would work sure, but this world is far from perfect.

And how dare you mock my workplace. Just because I'm in college working on my degree in Air Traffic Control, doesn't mean I won't defend my company and entry level job. We are just a gas station, its not our fault the government put the section 8 people on handouts who rape the system up the road from us. We are very high tech and receive upgrades quarterly.

And Audiojack I am buying a true STG-44 7.92x33mm only 425k were built though Sad it will look amazing with the Rabbit!!!! If only we still had our Kübelwagen!!

RE: 28 Dead After Shooting At Connecticut Elementary School - Kyllone - 2012-12-24 00:28

Even still, whitout the guns they would have survived.

RE: 28 Dead After Shooting At Connecticut Elementary School - Blade3562 - 2012-12-24 08:28

Talk about lucky, that would have been the most sickening headline ever.
[Image: 68931_289311011171852_1102863263_n.jpg]

Yet the liberals have censored this amazing act!