[TC] Gaming Forums
Help,; Siren switcher - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Community Area (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Forum: Live for Speed Area (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Thread: Help,; Siren switcher (/showthread.php?tid=5454)

Help,; Siren switcher - Cobra - 2012-12-19 15:36

Hello dear Tc Community,

I need help once more.

A few minutes ago,[TC]>Adam< drew the attention of me to the fact that I would go only with HORN4 and this although I used HORN5.

Now mine asks In which can it lie this does not function my Script for the quick change between two sirens any more?

Does somebody have a link like me over again anew can make?

The funny one and the whole thing is. Till present I never had problems.

Only since me has substituted just now for my HORN4 and for HORN5 with other.

Can this hang together with it? Or is there sound lags?

How can this be I myself hear HORN5 and other as for example [TC]>Adam< only HORN4?

I also thank over again [Tc]>Adam< for his information.

Love greets Babsy

RE: Help,; Siren switcher - Seven - 2012-12-19 15:54

I think the scripts you are looking for are these:

Code:
//This script will change from HORN5 to HORN4
/shift H
/shift H
/shift H
/shift H

And:
Code:
//This script will change from HORN4 to HORN5
/shift H

Replace your current scripts with those, and when binding them make sure you have /run <script name> and that the scripts are saved as .lfs files.

RE: Help,; Siren switcher - Lewis - 2012-12-19 16:19

You can do 2 things to stop the sound lag happening...
1) if you have a sound script with something like this:
Code:
/shift H
/shift H
/shift H
/shift H
Then you could change it to:
Code:
/Press pgup
/shift H
/shift H
/shift H
/shift H
/Press pgup
This would turn off the siren, change it, then turn it back on (presuming you are using TCLights)
Or you can just hit 'shift' after changing it which cancels the horn for a second and will normally refresh it.

RE: Help,; Siren switcher - Mr. NB - 2012-12-19 16:22

Problem with changing horns with some scripts, while playing online, is that sometimes due to the lag, other players will not hear the same horn, as you do. What you should do to fix that, is use a program like Logitech Profiler, that can press Page Up for example, if you are using Elmo's TC Lights, aswell. Before changing the horns, program should turn off the audible siren and turn it back on, when the horns are changed. Bellow is an example:

Code:
Press Page Up
Release Page Up

Press Shift

Press H
Release H
Press H
Release H
Press H
Release H
Press H
Release H

Release Shift

Press Page Up
Release Page Up

In mine case, i have recorded delays aswell, to make sure, that it does not change the horns too fast. It all happens in aproximetly a second, with one key press though.

Unless you have it done properly, i would not recommend you switching the horns. You do not want to drive around with Horn #3 or Horn #4 for the whole time, without knowing, since that would be against the rules.

RE: Help,; Siren switcher - Cobra - 2012-12-19 16:41

@ TheSAgibbs

I have always used this Scrippt...... Asks itself only. If it is always broken or has noticed it today first sometimes somebody

@ Lewis

I always use Tc Lights and JoyToKey and the Script of Ash.

@ [TC]►Mr. NB◄

Yes, this is aware to me of course that one shouldn't go constantly with HORN4.
It serves only to overtake or in dangers situations.

HORN3 If I have never used.

I wouldn't probably also have noticed it if me somebody hadn't drawn the attention to it.

xD.... it had belonged to itself with me always proberly.

Many thanks to for your help.

RE: Help,; Siren switcher - Tommer - 2012-12-19 23:18

If you're using a G27 or G25 I can provide you with a script of mine that will handle your strobe, siren, horn and horn changes with little/no chance of multiplayer glitches/issues.

RE: Help,; Siren switcher - Cobra - 2012-12-20 11:12

@ [6S] Tommer

I drive with Logitech Driving Force GT or xBox360 Controller

I dont know...what G it is.

For my Logitech Driving Force GT i use the Logitech Profiler.

But i dont like it to drive with cop tag + my Wheel. My Display is to small to drive correct. Only for my Ps3 or Omsi i use it.

I like to drive with my xBox360 Controller, for this controller i use the JoyToKey Emulator for changing the buttons.... Indicator, Flashlight etc. + the problematic siren switch button.

RE: Help,; Siren switcher - Pete - 2012-12-20 17:26

Babsy, a G25 and G27 are different types of wheel, eg: Logitech G25, Logitech G27, Logitech Driving Force GT.

RE: Help,; Siren switcher - Cobra - 2012-12-21 08:55

@ [TC]►Lampshade◄

Hey,

lol you say so simply. Have of it no notion. Unsure

Central issue it turns and functions.Closedeyes

however, xD... has closed nothing to with it because I am blond. Blushing

RE: Help,; Siren switcher - Seven - 2012-12-22 14:07

Just had the first complaint about my siren switching script, how it didn't work. NB, your Logitech Profiler thing didn't work, I have no idea why -.-

RE: Help,; Siren switcher - semmel - 2014-04-16 20:06

I am trying to write a script to change the siren. The problem is that i dont get the right command for "Page up" (im using tc lights). If i try it only shows me a error message that Page up is a wrong parameter.

i tried

/press pgup
/press Page up
and so on

which command i have to type?

RE: Help,; Siren switcher - Dan - 2014-04-16 20:20

(2014-04-16 20:06)semmel Wrote:  I am trying to write a script to change the siren. The problem is that i dont get the right command for "Page up" (im using tc lights). If i try it only shows me a error message that Page up is a wrong parameter.

i tried

/press pgup
/press Page up
and so on

which command i have to type?

I think there are only selected keyboard keys that LFS Commands can actually be pressed via a command e.g. the shift key.