[TC] Gaming Forums
Server suggestions. - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: Server suggestions. (/showthread.php?tid=5487)

Server suggestions. - 200sx - 2012-12-21 22:22

So I'm bringing up some ideas which I think would make a perfect server.
It's already really good with cops and everything, great job, no doubt.

Anyways,
a few features that would give it that little "extra" feeling to it:
- Indicator sound effect (that deep click that's ticking on normal cars)
- Season weather (snow/rain/hot summer/night/foggy/etc..)
- Police controls (check controls for e.g. bad tires/damages/etc..)
- Radio (radio in cars with a variety of for example 5-6 stations?)
- Competitions (drift competition maybe? Road blocking a part of the map for drifting with prizes?)
- Jobs (Many servers has this feature, where you can talk to people and deliver things like packages in exchange for money)

Just a few I were able to sum up pretty quick.
Some may sound stupid and unecessary, but I think it would've been cool with some extra features.

RE: Server suggestions. - Johan. - 2012-12-21 23:03

(2012-12-21 22:22)200sx Wrote:  a few features that would give it that little "extra" feeling to it:
- Indicator sound effect (that deep click that's ticking on normal cars)
- Season weather (snow/rain/hot summer/night/foggy/etc..)
- Police controls (check controls for e.g. bad tires/damages/etc..)
- Radio (radio in cars with a variety of for example 5-6 stations?)
- Competitions (drift competition maybe? Road blocking a part of the map for drifting with prizes?)
- Jobs (Many servers has this feature, where you can talk to people and deliver things like packages in exchange for money)

- Indicator sound: there's a program for it somewhere in the LFS section on the forum
- Season weather: won't be possible without editting the game, so, won't be possible to get it done via the server, but you can change some DDS files yourself.
- Police controls: Routine control, well, could be nice, but you would already chase them for a bit of careless driving, wich would also indicate tyre-wear; meaning, won't be anything new
- Competitions: There are events made by teams or TC themselves every once in a while/
-Radio: There is already a radio, with a wide variety of DJ's playing every now and then
- Jobs: Many suggested it before, and it all ended with TC being unique in its kind, wich won't be changed.

RE: Server suggestions. - Kyllone - 2012-12-21 23:14

Johan pretty much filled it up Tongue

But hell no any jobs to TC.

RE: Server suggestions. - Mr. NB - 2012-12-21 23:18

Weather changes, can not be done by the server operator unfortunately. A better place for suggesting this, would be the official Live for Speed forum - Improvement Suggestions section: http://www.lfsforum.net/forumdisplay.php?s=2a1f1280745ebb564c8e50d09a640834&f=8.

For indicator sound effect, you might want to check out the Turnsig application, made by repeat83 - http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=65864.

Note: This is a third party application and has nothing to do in the original with either Live for Speed or [TC] CityDriving community.

I am not using it myself though, i am just sharing the link with you, since i know that it exists.

RE: Server suggestions. - 200sx - 2012-12-21 23:41

Alright, thanks for clearing everything up Smile

RE: Server suggestions. - Johan. - 2012-12-22 00:24

Little addition to the competitions on the TC server, as I thought you meant, big organized events: you can always ask someone ingame to either race, or drift (wich you will need a non-side judge for). But remember that its both against the server laws, wich you can be fined for (either dangerous driving, illegal street racing, or careless driving)

RE: Server suggestions. - Vincent - 2012-12-22 10:46

well johan, that doesn't sound very bad or something, i kind of like the idea of that now.