[TC] Gaming Forums
Practical Use Of Color Codes - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: Practical Use Of Color Codes (/showthread.php?tid=5657)

Practical Use Of Color Codes - 200sx - 2013-01-01 16:07

Hello,
I thought it would be a good idea to have rules about using different colors in your username. If we kept one color for each job it would overall look much cleaner/simpler in the main chat.

Nowadays you could see 5 cops with all different [COP] colors.
Same with [TOW] and [MED].

It's just an idea, but in my opinion it would look much better and would be easier to understand.

For example,
[COP] | [TOW] | [MED]

and that your tag should be placed on either in front of your username/nickname, or behind it.

-
I don't know, what do you guys think?
It's like different colored usernames on forums for admin/mod/graphic designer/etc...

Excuse my hilarious grammar.

RE: Practical Use Of Color Codes - BP - 2013-01-01 16:11

I think it should be completely up to the user which colour they use for [COP] (as long as it isn't black), [MED] or [TOW] and as long as the tags are all one colour.

Restricting the use of certain colours for these tags for no real reason is not necessary, in my opinion. The text of the tag and the skins that are used with it are clear enough, I reckon.

Quote:and that your tag should be placed on either in front of your username/nickname, or behind it.

Hm, not sure about this either. I don't see what's wrong with it currently.

RE: Practical Use Of Color Codes - Josh - 2013-01-01 16:15

I like the idea of having set colours/formats, but I wouldn't want to take away the customisation of names to that extent (or from what it is now).

RE: Practical Use Of Color Codes - Jedi - 2013-01-01 16:15

The choice to have it any color (except black) has worked well for years so im not sure if it needs change.

RE: Practical Use Of Color Codes - 200sx - 2013-01-01 16:21

O'well Smile
Just an idea.

RE: Practical Use Of Color Codes - Lukeā„¢ - 2013-01-01 16:34

I think that the current system is fine, as long as the tag isn't black, it should be fine. Most Tow's use Yellow, and most cops use red or blue or sometimes green and med's use red or green.

RE: Practical Use Of Color Codes - Pete - 2013-01-01 16:45

It's a great idea but we've always let people decide what colour their tags are because some colours look better with others etc.

RE: Practical Use Of Color Codes - Ash - 2013-01-01 17:06

Would look nice being all uniform to everything, but not really practicle IMHO.

RE: Practical Use Of Color Codes - =WOLF=[NO] - 2013-01-01 18:47

I remember a crap server, witch FORCED your entire name when cop.
cadet."nickname", was not allowed to wear team tags or change from the specified colours... please do NOT step into the same direction Wink

RE: Practical Use Of Color Codes - liberto - 2013-01-12 19:06

I would add that forcing a color also restrict the length of your username (thanks for the ridiculous username lenght, LFS).

RE: Practical Use Of Color Codes - Vincent - 2013-01-12 20:31

no. i want to keep my pink cop tag.

RE: Practical Use Of Color Codes - Cola - 2013-01-13 00:57

(2013-01-12 20:31)Vincent Wrote:  no. i want to keep my pink cop tag.

+1 Thumbup

RE: Practical Use Of Color Codes - Johan. - 2013-01-13 06:48

(2013-01-12 19:06)liberto Wrote:  (thanks for the ridiculous username lenght, LFS).

Saywhat? Some can't even use their teamtag + full nickname + cop tag on the server.

RE: Practical Use Of Color Codes - Stephen - 2013-01-13 08:26

(2013-01-13 06:48)Johan. Wrote:  
(2013-01-12 19:06)liberto Wrote:  (thanks for the ridiculous username lenght, LFS).

Saywhat? Some can't even use their teamtag + full nickname + cop tag on the server.

I know I can't.

I think that was also sarcasm Wink

RE: Practical Use Of Color Codes - Hexta - 2013-01-13 16:44

That'd be slightly over the top if it was put in place. Never been a problem since TC started, no one really complains about it now either.

RE: Practical Use Of Color Codes - Towcat - 2013-01-13 19:44

Thumbdown please not...