[TC] Gaming Forums
Roadblock Binds - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: Roadblock Binds (/showthread.php?tid=6261)

Roadblock Binds - skybotter - 2013-02-21 20:11

Hello,

well my suggestion is:
- change the method of adjusting the roadblocks like the caution,hazard,siren commands, you can put on or off with the same command the roadblock

thats it

greetz

RE: Roadblock Binds - Orangeā„¢ - 2013-02-21 20:14

I like the idea, it be nice to have that over the screen.

RE: Roadblock Binds - Mr. NB - 2013-02-21 21:43

I dont quite get what are you suggesting, to be honest.

Commands for the roadblock are working by the same principle, than the commands that you are mentioning - Caution, Hazard, Siren. You turn the roadblock on with "!roadblock+" and turn it off with "roadblock-".

If you want to be able to turn the roadblock or visual signs on and off by one bind, you can do that with using the cycling script. If you want help with that, feel free to ask.

RE: Roadblock Binds - Ace - 2013-02-21 21:59

hows a cycling script working? Biggrin

RE: Roadblock Binds - Sinoco - 2013-02-21 22:22

(2013-02-21 21:43)Mr. NB Wrote:  I dont quite get what are you suggesting, to be honest.

Commands for the roadblock are working by the same principle, than the commands that you are mentioning - Caution, Hazard, Siren. You turn the roadblock on with "!roadblock+" and turn it off with "roadblock-".

If you want to be able to turn the roadblock or visual signs on and off by one bind, you can do that with using the cycling script. If you want help with that, feel free to ask.

You can use just !caution, !siren, etc. and those will toggle it on and off, without need for a !caution+, !caution-, etc. bind.

RE: Roadblock Binds - KaraK - 2013-02-21 22:23

I think he wants a !roadblock command, toggling the roadblock rather than needing to have a + or - to activate or deactivate a roadblock.

RE: Roadblock Binds - Josh - 2013-02-21 23:17

I did suggest shortening it to !rb (with the same principle of the !caution etc commands that work as a toggle command.

Nothing has been done yet but hopefully it will - it's nice and simple so won't take much effort.

RE: Roadblock Binds - Mr. NB - 2013-02-21 23:45

(2013-02-21 21:59)Ace Wrote:  hows a cycling script working? Biggrin

It's quite simple really and they can save quite a few binds.

Example of a cycling script, for having "!chase" and "!lost" commands on the same bind (in this case, ALT + F2):

1.lfs:

Code:
/altf 2 /run /chase and lost/2
/say !chase
/echo Script: ^1Chase

2.lfs:

Code:
/altf 2 /run /chase and lost/1
/say !lost
/echo Script: ^1Lost

RE: Roadblock Binds - Chuck - 2013-02-22 07:06

There is some little technical reason for this. While !caution and !hazard only change one state information in the memory which is then sent to the clients with a fixed interval, doing !roadblock immediately sends object data to all clients, removing them is basically the same amount of information. Someone using that function too quickly may cause problems to others. So, the missing "toggle"-functionality is basically just a natural choke.

RE: Roadblock Binds - skybotter - 2013-02-22 17:13

(2013-02-21 23:45)Mr. NB Wrote:  
(2013-02-21 21:59)Ace Wrote:  hows a cycling script working? Biggrin

It's quite simple really and they can save quite a few binds.

Example of a cycling script, for having "!chase" and "!lost" commands on the same bind (in this case, ALT + F2):

1.lfs:

Code:
/altf 2 /run /chase and lost/2
/say !chase
/echo Script: ^1Chase

2.lfs:

Code:
/altf 2 /run /chase and lost/1
/say !lost
/echo Script: ^1Lost

thanks , this really help me !