[TC] Gaming Forums
-2000 Euro for "swearing"? - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: -2000 Euro for "swearing"? (/showthread.php?tid=6298)

-2000 Euro for "swearing"? - Zielony - 2013-02-24 16:01

Hello.
Yesterday and Today i say "fuuuuuuuu", no "fu^k" or sth like that and i lost 2k euros. How can I recover the money if at all there is a possibility.

Thanks.

RE: -2000 Euro for "swearing"? - Jedi - 2013-02-24 16:03

If you swear or avoid the swear filter if you've written what you wrote there then you need to drive to earn the money back, the swear filter and swear fines are there to stop people from swearing to much.

RE: -2000 Euro for "swearing"? - BP - 2013-02-24 16:03

There is no way to recover the money. Since you swore/implied a swear word, that is a 1000 euro fine - if you don't swear, you won't lose money. Hopefully lesson learnt.

RE: -2000 Euro for "swearing"? - Johandyman - 2013-03-06 00:42

this is NOT a provocation, so please dont boil me Smile
a guy infront of me on a highway went over the fence in a rather funny manor, spinning and salto'ing (not sure if that translates correct) over the fence and out of bounds after a crash.
I wrote sth like "lol wtf just happened" and we talked about it, all in good fun, not harming anyone. this is just one little time where "wtf" has been used by me and many others.
Everyone knows that "wtf" means "what the *Removed*", also "lmfao" has 2 bads words in them.
Whats the ... sight? on those terms?

RE: -2000 Euro for "swearing"? - Pete - 2013-03-06 01:03

It's been debated for a long time: "Should acronyms like wtf & lmfao be added to the swear filter".

Answer: No.

Reason: If the acronym is aimed at someone like: "ffs <name>". Then sure, fine that person. But if someone randomly proclaims "lmfao or wtf", it's not as bad. Depending on whether you'd get fined for such acronyms relies on admin discretion eg. "wtf mate -.-" and "wtf :-P" have different meanings. One's aggressive whilst the other is not. "wtf mate -,-" might land you with a warning and if you did it again, you'd probably get fined.

Like I said, it's been debated for a long time and it'll probably never be looked on as harshly as opening saying "what the f*ck" to someone on the server. "wtf" and such like are a lot less meaningful than actually typing it out in full.

RE: -2000 Euro for "swearing"? - Johandyman - 2013-03-06 01:05

Thanks Smile clears some speculation Smile