[TC] Gaming Forums
Swear filter on server - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: Swear filter on server (/showthread.php?tid=6793)

Swear filter on server - =WOLF=[NO] - 2013-04-15 11:03

I realy get anoyed when commonly used shortage like "dafuq" is ripping me off for 1000 bucks.

"wth" is not btw.

I understand you want the server clean and all, but fining "swears" not directed at someone makes me think we are in kindergarden or something.

It's not like ppl are in danger of learning new faul language, and if they do, the words are not in the filter anyway....

I know you will state "just dont swear", and "keep your temper down" to avoid fines, but in my world(probably a wild one) it is "dont speak freely, we will punish ppl who does".

*rant over*

RE: Swear filter on server - Chuck - 2013-04-15 11:16

Its like starting an argument like "why are there speedlimits, they restrict my freedom". The answer is pretty simple, our house, our rules. And we want people to use a clean language. Your example clearly stands for "da f**k", which simply doest meet out requirements for a clean language.

RE: Swear filter on server - BP - 2013-04-15 14:34

If you want to speak freely, there are PM and channel functions you can utilise. No excuse for swearing in the main chat.

RE: Swear filter on server - Elmo - 2013-04-15 14:44

(2013-04-15 11:03)=WOLF=[NO] Wrote:  I understand you want the server clean and all, but fining "swears" not directed at someone makes me think we are in kindergarden or something.

If swears are directed at someone, then it's likely abusive, which has a harsher punishment than a simple fine.

As Chuck said, the fines are to encourage people to not use the worst swear words and keep the general language relatively clean.

The reason the example you used is in the filter and acronyms aren't is that your example sounds *exactly* like the word it is short for when spoken aloud.