[TC] Gaming Forums
(Refund Request Denied by BoyPower) Refund request against [TT]Danny[COP] - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: [TC] CityDriving (/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Server Administration Tasks (/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+---- Forum: Refund Requests (/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+----- Forum: Refund Requests - Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+----- Thread: (Refund Request Denied by BoyPower) Refund request against [TT]Danny[COP] (/showthread.php?tid=6810)

(Refund Request Denied by BoyPower) Refund request against [TT]Danny[COP] - Maverick - 2013-04-16 16:45

I rely my refund reqest on this report:
http://forum.city-driving.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=6784

It is pretty much the same content as the report itself, so I just put in here copy and paste:

● Your LFS Username: niemiec25 (ingame: Maverick)

● Their LFS Username(s): BMW93
● Their LFS GameName(s): [TT]Danny[COP]

● Replay and/or Screenshot Link:
https://hostr.co/tzOZBYq9D67C
● Replay Timestamps:

5:46:00 start of action

● Description of incident (inc Date & Time)

Action starts when [TT]Danny[COP] accelerates without watching my brake lights and rams me from behind. He then pulls me over and fines me for causing an accident (150€). No sorry from his side at none moment, only arrogant behaviour afterwards. I'd like to request a refund as well, as there was no "illegal u-turn" at this point made (no incoming traffic) and I wasn't brake checking anyone (you can watch the whole replay, I'm only driving back and forth the same route). If he had kept the right distance and open eyes, he would have seen my braking lights anyway.

Best regards
Mav

P.S.: I'm still waiting for a sorry. It is new to me that you can ram people (even without intention) as a cop and even fine them in consequence. Furthermore I do not understand the verdict of my report:

Quote:I've looked at your replay and I have noticed that Danny did indeed use his brakes so I don't feel that it was a deliberate hit.

If you feel the fine was unjustified please submit a refund request and it'll be reviewed accordingly.

Since when reports are being "not reviewed accordingly"? If possible, I'd like to have reviewed this by somebody else than [TC]Turbo. No offense, but I'd like to get a 2nd opinion on this, please.

RE: Refund request against [TT]Danny[COP] - BP - 2013-04-29 18:06

Looking into this.

A few points of interest:
  • To be fair on Danny, you did start braking quite harshly and out of the blue.
  • Furthermore, you neglected to indicate or show any general indication that you were going to do a U-Turn.
  • That said, his reactions could have been better (in terms of braking).
  • I also believe fining you was quite harsh, since it could be argued that you were both at fault.

In all fairness, the incident was 13 days ago and 150 euro isn't that high a fine. Do you think dropping the incident would be the best thing to do here? A refund of a mere 150 euro fine which happened nearly 2 weeks ago where you were both at fault seems unnecessary to me.

~ BoyPower

RE: Refund request against [TT]Danny[COP] - Maverick - 2013-04-30 19:29

(2013-04-29 18:06)BoyPower Wrote:  In all fairness, the incident was 13 days ago and 150 euro isn't that high a fine. Do you think dropping the incident would be the best thing to do here? A refund of a mere 150 euro fine which happened nearly 2 weeks ago where you were both at fault seems unnecessary to me.

~ BoyPower

Sure, so was the fine: unneccessary and in my point of view a total abuse of cop rights. Anyway, I see some slight protectionism for Danny, so I drop this request before I get banned at all.

Have a good day.

RE: Refund request against [TT]Danny[COP] - BP - 2013-04-30 19:36

(2013-04-30 19:29)Maverick Wrote:  Sure, so was the fine: unneccessary and in my point of view a total abuse of cop rights. Anyway, I see some slight protectionism for Danny, so I drop this request before I get banned at all.

Have a good day.

I'm not protecting anyone. I was being rational and tried to produce a balanced argument. Just because someone isn't directly on your side doesn't mean the other person is being 'protected'. Also, there's no reason why you should get banned; I'm not even sure why you said that. But, no need to get stroppy when something doesn't go your way, it is rather familiar to what happened when Turbo didn't deal with the report the way you wanted.

Due to my aforementioned post and this:
Maverick Wrote:I drop this request

This request will hereby be denied.

We're sorry, but your refund request has been denied.