[TC] Gaming Forums
When a tow has been called... - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: When a tow has been called... (/showthread.php?tid=7079)

When a tow has been called... - Marty - 2013-05-21 20:45

As a [MED], it sometimes happens people don't cancel TOW after being helped by others, or go back into pit when a Tow has been called.

This can be quite annoying, since we try to be as fast as possible to get to the place where the help is needed.
When we respond, a message appears in chat:
"[CSR] Marty [MED] is on the way [922m away]" for example.
This means we are coming towards you to help.
When, in the meantime, you've been helped by a cop or civilian, please press Cancel TOW.
We get a message that the TOW has been canceled and we aren't needed anymore. This prevents "chasing" cars who seem to need help, but are driving again.

Also going into pit can be annoying, because you most likely lose your trip, and we try to search for you, but don't find you.

I know most of the Forum users already do this, it's especially the newbies who do these things, but just to remind you. Wink

Thanks,

All the [MED]s, [TOW]s and [RES]s on TC. Smile

RE: When a tow has been called... - Sadie - 2013-05-22 12:57

Finnaly someone write this! This is one of the reason i don't are much tow or med on server. I also hate that when someone calls for tow, a other car help. That says its no need for tow. Always i call for tow i say ''STOP!'' to the users some try to help me, because i'm not busy and tow can do their job.

RE: When a tow has been called... - Luke. - 2013-05-22 13:10

There will always be the argument of TOW's wanting to do there job and normal civilians who just want to help out cos hey, who likes sitting in the middle of the road on there roofs, when they could be driving. At the same time I agree it would be good to be more informed if a car has been already TOWed but again it will just be the same endless circle because people ain't going to be banned for helping out.

RE: When a tow has been called... - Yukine - 2013-05-22 21:01

How many times I see in chat: MisterX fined 500€ for towing.
I want to say: "We are here for help you!"~

I like when civils helps, but the person who is helped need to cancel call.

RE: When a tow has been called... - Marty - 2013-05-22 21:46

It's not I say it's forbidden to help people out when we are still coming to you, but it's quite annoying when they don't cancel TOW.
Before I was MED, I always loved to help when I came across a car which had problems. Wink

Most of the time, I tried to push the car to the side of the road to get the road clear, until the MED/TOW/RES arrived. Smile

I'm happy I'm not the only one who thinks it is a little issue sometimes. Wink

RE: When a tow has been called... - Jedi - 2013-05-22 21:58

The thing is most people want to get help fast, so if someone does help them they forget to cancel the tow, its easy to forget and it happens often

RE: When a tow has been called... - Jati - 2013-05-22 22:14

Not sure if you never think of making reward for TOW's like 50 € for each car they tow.
i know its frustrating when person calls tow and then its cancelled. So maybe this would make job more interesting.