[TC] Gaming Forums
[GUIDE] - Tommer's Police Guide - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Tutorials & Guides (/forumdisplay.php?fid=48)
+---- Thread: [GUIDE] - Tommer's Police Guide (/showthread.php?tid=71)

Pages: 1 2

RE: [GUIDE] - Tommer's Police Guide - joko 98 - 2012-01-21 16:42

There could be photo and guide about ticket.

RE: [GUIDE] - Tommer's Police Guide - Roba - 2012-01-26 16:54

Can you add on the guide that the 10% leeway does not apply to cops?

RE: [GUIDE] - Tommer's Police Guide - Tommer - 2012-01-26 17:04

(2012-01-26 16:54)Roba Wrote:  Can you add on the guide that the 10% leeway does not apply to cops?

I'm pretty sure the leeway does apply to cops, since driving in the leeway is not considered illegal unless intentional as though you're treating it like a new limit, and you can pretty much expect tiny 'slips of the foot' that will result in going a few mph over. Of course purposely driving in the leeway as though it is a new speed limit is not allowed.

RE: [GUIDE] - Tommer's Police Guide - Savy - 2012-01-26 17:06

(2012-01-26 17:04)Tommer Wrote:  
(2012-01-26 16:54)Roba Wrote:  Can you add on the guide that the 10% leeway does not apply to cops?

I'm pretty sure the leeway does apply to cops, since driving in the leeway is not considered illegal unless intentional as though you're treating it like a new limit, and you can pretty much expect tiny 'slips of the foot' that will result in going a few mph over. Of course purposely driving in the leeway as though it is a new speed limit is not allowed.

If a cop does a little slip into the leeway we don't mind, but if a cop is constantly driving in the leeway we will give them a reminder that leeway is not for cops.

RE: [GUIDE] - Tommer's Police Guide - Rasmus - 2012-01-26 17:13

(2012-01-26 17:06)Savy Wrote:  

If a cop does a little slip into the leeway we don't mind, but if a cop is constantly driving in the leeway we will give them a reminder that leeway is not for cops.

I will vote for you as the best admin for next year Savy Tongue

RE: [GUIDE] - Tommer's Police Guide - Pete - 2012-01-27 10:30

Certainly not Tommer. The leeway is there for civillian cars IRL to account for dodgey speedo calculations and altered tyre sizes. Thanks to LFS, all speedo's give the same speed reading and technically there is not yet a need for the 10% leeway. We have it in place for realism alone.

Cops must stick to the speed limit at all times and may pull people over and warn them that they are entering the leeway. The limit is a limit for a reason. No vehicles should exceed them, especially the rozzers.

RE: [GUIDE] - Tommer's Police Guide - Chuck - 2012-01-27 10:43

The leeway is rather for imprecise measurements Wink Also,irl, no cop goes strict with the speed limit.

RE: [GUIDE] - Tommer's Police Guide - Elmo - 2012-01-30 18:11

(2012-01-27 10:30)Lampshade Wrote:  The leeway is there for civillian cars IRL to account for dodgey speedo calculations and altered tyre sizes. Thanks to LFS, all speedo's give the same speed reading and technically there is not yet a need for the 10% leeway. We have it in place for realism alone.

The speedos all have the same reading, but that doesn't mean they're accurate - they're actually off by some %.

The leeway is there because:
Speedos aren't accurate
People aren't accurate
Speed limit conversions aren't accurate

RE: [GUIDE] - Tommer's Police Guide - Liam :P - 2012-02-26 12:29

(2012-01-27 10:30)Lampshade Wrote:  

Certainly not Tommer. The leeway is there for civillian cars IRL to account for dodgey speedo calculations and altered tyre sizes. Thanks to LFS, all speedo's give the same speed reading and technically there is not yet a need for the 10% leeway. We have it in place for realism alone.

Cops must stick to the speed limit at all times and may pull people over and warn them that they are entering the leeway. The limit is a limit for a reason. No vehicles should exceed them, especially the rozzers.

I clocked someone in the yellow a while back, i started a chase to warn them, they failed to stop. I used force and busted the suspect. I was then told i wasn't aloud by a well known member. So i can pull them in the yellow and only WARN them?

RE: [GUIDE] - Tommer's Police Guide - Turkey - 2012-02-26 13:27

By the sound of it, you didn't do anything wrong Liam.

You're allowed to pull someone over for a warning if a yellow dot appears when you clock them. Of course, if you're suspect fails to stop, that's an offence in itself, so you're well within you're right to engage in a pursuit to stop the suspect.