[TC] Gaming Forums
Server Variety - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Server Variety (/showthread.php?tid=7395)

Pages: 1 2 3

Server Variety - Jon - 2013-06-19 18:37

Hello,

We seem to have Sydney on both servers, i know the same tracks and layouts have been on both servers for a little while now.

But what happened to having different tracks on different servers?, I personally don't get any enjoyment out of Sydney, I know some people enjoy it, but just my opinion.

Just a question really, just wondered why we cant have two different (again, my opinion) tracks?

Thanks, (not intended as a dig in any way, just wondered)

(See you when the track changes) Smile
- Jon

RE: Server Variety - UCMA - 2013-06-19 18:38

(2013-06-19 18:37)Jon Wrote:  Hello,

We seem to have Sydney on both servers, i know the same tracks and layouts have been on both servers for a little while now.

But what happened to having different tracks on different servers?, I personally don't get any enjoyment out of Sydney, I know some people enjoy it, but just my opinion.

Just a question really, just wondered why we cant have two different (again, my opinion) tracks?

Thanks, (not intended as a dig in any way, just wondered)

- Jon
An admin said it's because 1 server will be full and 1 server won't be or something..

but I agree with you, if you don't like the track than you can go to the other server with another track..

(I personally don't like Sydney too)

RE: Server Variety - Ash - 2013-06-19 18:39

Nothing official has been said, but I personally think alot of tracks are getting missed out purely because other people prefer to use the other track which is on the alternative server. Therefore I think the point of having both servers set to the same track and setup is to give a balanced variety to all users. Just because User X doesnt like Jamaica, doesnt mean to say that everyone has that views. You may love Kyoto when its on, but other users may no, do you see what I mean? Smile

RE: Server Variety - BP - 2013-06-19 18:39

Well, both arguments are equally as valid but I lean for variety of tracks. If two tracks* are on at once and you don't like it, then you're pretty much stuffed for 1-2 weeks, and I don't think that's a good thing.

* Two same tracks, I mean.

RE: Server Variety - UCMA - 2013-06-19 18:43

I think you should keep your players happy, and not let them get stuffed with a track they don't like ( Most people don't like Sydney and now they have to drive 1 week (or maybe not even come online till track changes)

RE: Server Variety - Dowpy - 2013-06-19 18:43

Sydney is not a fun track to drive on, so yeah should be 2 different tracks.

Incoming ''Learn to drive'' comments.

RE: Server Variety - UCMA - 2013-06-19 18:45

(2013-06-19 18:43)Dowpy Wrote:  Sydney is not a fun track to drive on, so yeah should be 2 different tracks.

Incoming ''Learn to drive'' comments.
I can drive, but Sydney is just too hard, as a cop you can't chase someone normally without hitting a barrier.

RE: Server Variety - Jon - 2013-06-19 18:45

(2013-06-19 18:39)Ash Wrote:  You may love Kyoto when its on, but other users may no, do you see what I mean? Smile

I understand what you mean Ash. I think though having variety will keep the majority happy Smile

RE: Server Variety - Stunna - 2013-06-19 18:47

Learn to drive Dowpy.
(2013-06-19 18:45)dogie213 Wrote:  I can drive, but Sydney is just too hard, as a cop you can't chase someone normally without hitting a barrier.

I don't hit barriers while chasing people.

RE: Server Variety - UCMA - 2013-06-19 18:50

(2013-06-19 18:47)Stunna Wrote:  Learn to drive Dowpy.
(2013-06-19 18:45)dogie213 Wrote:  I can drive, but Sydney is just too hard, as a cop you can't chase someone normally without hitting a barrier.

I don't hit barriers while chasing people.

I bet you don't, I bet you don't.

RE: Server Variety - Brad - 2013-06-19 18:54

Every time Sydney is on I see a similar thread.

It actually tends to increase variety: If Server Two would be on a different track, people tend to forget about Sydney.

RE: Server Variety - UCMA - 2013-06-19 18:55

(2013-06-19 18:54)Brad Wrote:  Every time Sydney is on I see a similar thread.

It actually tends to increase variety: If Server Two would be on a different track, people tend to forget about Sydney.
That means the other track is more loved by players than that one track.

RE: Server Variety - BP - 2013-06-19 18:55

If people want to join Sydney, nothing is stopping them.

RE: Server Variety - Brad - 2013-06-19 18:56

(2013-06-19 18:55)dogie213 Wrote:  

I disagree. It means people go for the "easy option".

(2013-06-19 18:55)BoyPower Wrote:  

If people want to join Sydney, nothing is stopping them.

And drive on a near-empty server? Please.

I think it is selfish to effectively say "I don't like this track, don't care if others like it and want to drive on a populated server".

RE: Server Variety - KaraK - 2013-06-19 18:57

Sydney is great to drive on. If you fail to drive properly, learn to drive.
Copping is fun, because it's hectic. It requires much more from you than on Montana.

Keep it this way. Thank you. Smile

You say you want 'variety', but somehow this only shows up when Sydney is on, and not when Montana was on a few days ago?

RE: Server Variety - UCMA - 2013-06-19 18:58

(2013-06-19 18:56)Brad Wrote:  
(2013-06-19 18:55)dogie213 Wrote:  

I disagree. It means people go for the "easy option".
Well, thats another view to be seen, but most people hate Sydney, and the one who loves Sydney, just stay at server 1, but I don't see the point of having 2 servers with 2 same tracks, and server 1 is alwaysfull while server 2 has like 5 people, should give a bit more balance to the 2 servers with 2 different tracks.

RE: Server Variety - KaraK - 2013-06-19 18:59

(2013-06-19 18:58)dogie213 Wrote:  
(2013-06-19 18:56)Brad Wrote:  I disagree. It means people go for the "easy option".
Well, thats another view to be seen, but most people hate Sydney, and the one who loves Sydney, just stay at server 1, but I don't see the point of having 2 servers with 2 same tracks, and server 1 is alwaysfull while server 2 has like 5 people, should give a bit more balance to the 2 servers with 2 different tracks.

Most people go to Montana or a different track, because most people are on there. Sydney is the most fun when it's full, otherwise it's boring.

RE: Server Variety - UCMA - 2013-06-19 19:03

(2013-06-19 18:59)KaraK Wrote:  
(2013-06-19 18:58)dogie213 Wrote:  
(2013-06-19 18:56)Brad Wrote:  I disagree. It means people go for the "easy option".

No. Most people go to Montana or a different track, because most people are on there. Sydney is the most fun when it's full, otherwise it's boring.
Well, alot of people can't get the enjoyment out of it, like me and the topicstarter and others,

And we still want to make money by like copping, towing, or driving, but not on a hectic map like Sydney, so we want a choice between 2 tracks,

People who like Sydney go to server 1
People who like other bigger tracks go to server 2.

Some people say Server 1 will be empty as hell, and server 2 will be full hen the rolls have changed, server 2 will be full for once, and server 1 empty,
or 15 people on sydney or 31 people on server 2, like more balanced.

RE: Server Variety - Savy - 2013-06-19 19:04

There is nothing wrong with having both servers on the same track, I didn't see anyone here complaining when Montana was on both servers, yet you complain now? When Montana was on both servers, both servers were full for at least 4days. So clearly having the same track on both servers helps and it makes good use of the other server instead of it being empty the whole time.

RE: Server Variety - Ras - 2013-06-19 19:06

I see both points. It is just simply impossible to make everyone happy at once.