[TC] Gaming Forums
Action taken - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: Action taken (/showthread.php?tid=801)

Action taken - Trance - 2011-11-19 17:51

When someone report someone els. and the admin look's into the problem

instead of the admin saying Action Was Taken.

can the admin say what action was taken

E.g Lampshade Was Banned 1 Year For Ramming.

now some admins do put what the person was banned for and how long they will be banned for.

but some don't.

just wondering can all admins put what and how long the person is banned for/ or warning.

and not just put action was taken..

RE: Action taken - Josh - 2011-11-25 01:53

Everything you need to know can be found on the banlist.

What is the reason you want information about all action being taken?

RE: Action taken - Trance - 2011-11-26 06:09

thats the problem. go looking through the ban list.

save us the trouble.

RE: Action taken - Josh - 2011-11-26 07:44

Going to the banlist takes little effort. I timed it myself (Index > Arrival and Newbies > Information > Useful Links > Banlist). Took me merely 4/5 seconds.

I still don't understand why you would need to know any specific information regarding action taken on a user, if admins want to post it in their final conclusion that's fine - I just don't feel we all need to go out of our way to list information that you can find for yourself, especially as it is your own curiosity that you are fulfilling.

RE: Action taken - KaraK - 2011-11-26 09:09

I'm with Trance here.
It's nice to know that action has been taken, but I personally like to know what action was taken.

And what effort is it to write a few more words in the 'action taken' thingy?
Everyone who handles forum reports says what action was taken, so I don't get why it's such a big deal to do the same with the in-game message.

RE: Action taken - Saphira - 2011-11-26 10:50

I would have to agree with Josh here.
It took me about 5-7 seconds to get banlist open and browse through it..(But then i do have this on Bookmark) (it comes in handy being on the Police Training Team) for example if a trainee had coprights revoked i also like to check to see if they have had any bans in the past.
Ok yes there are some that hasnt got a ban reason but do we need to no, Not really as long as they are banned, serve there ban and if they are allowed back they dont do it again. I cant see a problem. Yes some admins do state in TC chat why they where banned which is good.

Saphira

RE: Action taken - Nitros - 2011-11-26 10:56

We have a public ban list which gives out any information which is public, to the public. All other URS information is confidential, and only released in situations where we feel it would be suitable and beneficial.

There is no procedure stating we should or would give out any further information every time a report is dealt with, it's at each admins discression.

The only reason I can see you wanting this information is to be able to scrutinise every decision made, which is not what we need.

RE: Action taken - Trance - 2011-11-26 12:34

(2011-11-26 10:56)Nitros Wrote:  We have a public ban list which gives out any information which is public, to the public. All other URS information is confidential, and only released in situations where we feel it would be suitable and beneficial.

There is no procedure stating we should or would give out any further information every time a report is dealt with, it's at each admins discression.

The only reason I can see you wanting this information is to be able to scrutinise every decision made, which is not what we need.

Nitros???
why even type that.
like u said the info can by found of the ban list..
so whats the diffrence in typing it in the report

why would i do that. scrutinise every decision. damn if i thought this was gonna happen i would not have posted. all i was trying to say was it would be nice if u posed how many days.. i don't want there full urs history.

josh u said it only takes 4-5 secons to go look at the ban list.
how long does it take to type: "10 days"

all i'm saying it.. to save opening multible windows. then searching the user name.

u know if the admins wanna take 4-5 sec's out of the time i said how long they where banned for fair enough.. if they don't.. well i guess they don't no big deal.

and at the end of the day its just a sugestion.

RE: Action taken - KaraK - 2011-11-26 13:17

(2011-11-26 10:50)Saphira Wrote:  I would have to agree with Josh here.
It took me about 5-7 seconds to get banlist open and browse through it..(But then i do have this on Bookmark) (it comes in handy being on the Police Training Team) for example if a trainee had coprights revoked i also like to check to see if they have had any bans in the past.
Ok yes there are some that hasnt got a ban reason but do we need to no, Not really as long as they are banned, serve there ban and if they are allowed back they dont do it again. I cant see a problem. Yes some admins do state in TC chat why they where banned which is good.

Saphira

You can only see bans which are being served, you can't see bans in the past Tongue

If you report a robbery in real life, you'd like to know what happened to the guy without having to go after it yourself, right?
I don't see why not to say what action was taken.

At the end, it's the admin who decides to do it or not. As Trance said, it's a suggestion to do so, and it would be very nice if an admin would.

RE: Action taken - Nitros - 2011-11-26 14:00

(2011-11-26 12:34)Trance Wrote:  like u said the info can by found of the ban list..
so whats the diffrence in typing it in the report

Not all action is a ban.

RE: Action taken - McGherkin - 2011-11-27 12:55

And not all information is suitable to be released to the public. I think there's a case for telling the reporter what has been done, but everyone else doesn't need to know.

RE: Action taken - KaraK - 2011-11-27 13:01

(2011-11-27 12:55)McGherkin Wrote:  I think there's a case for telling the reporter what has been done, but everyone else doesn't need to know.

And that's where this suggestion is about. Smile