[TC] Gaming Forums
Safe driving Bonus - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: Safe driving Bonus (/showthread.php?tid=809)

Pages: 1 2

Safe driving Bonus - Zipppy - 2011-11-21 00:18

I thought of this idea, using the collision packets to make something that gives slightly more earnings on the distance bonus (maybe incrementally to 5%) on the trip based on how well you drive without having a collision.

Go ahead and post your opinion, C&C welcome.

RE: Safe driving Bonus - Josh - 2011-11-21 00:26

That is the general idea of the current system, except it emphasises keeping your car on the actual track - rather than crashing OOB. The main problem I can see here is that people will start complaining when they get hit and it isn't their fault.

RE: Safe driving Bonus - Chuck - 2011-11-21 07:43

No system could ever know who's doing right or wrong.That would just cause unnecessary arguments.

RE: Safe driving Bonus - Malibu - 2011-11-21 11:14

(2011-11-21 00:26)Josh Wrote:  That is the general idea of the current system, except it emphasises keeping your car on the actual track - rather than crashing OOB. The main problem I can see here is that people will start complaining when they get hit and it isn't their fault.

It's the same for the current system though.

RE: Safe driving Bonus - Josh - 2011-11-21 11:40

Yes, which shows it wouldn't work.

RE: Safe driving Bonus - Stevo - 2011-11-21 11:44

Like Josh said, would be unfair if other people crashed into you. Even if you want one with driving on grass/sand, you might have to do it to avoid wrong sider or if have a crash which isn't your fault.

RE: Safe driving Bonus - Zipppy - 2011-11-22 07:52

True that, I've always expected flaws from this idea

RE: Safe driving Bonus - Pipa - 2011-11-23 16:24

A step into the right idea would be to make people actually do a pit-stop to repair their car again. (Like it was some time ago)

At the moment you can pit without loosing your kms, while that is great so you can switch a skin or change to [COP], but it doesn't really punish people who crash frequently. They can just drive to a safe zone pit and go again without loosing time at all.

So my suggestion would be to give people the ability to pit, but only once every 100kms. That way you can still change your skin frequently or switch roles, but if you keep crashing then it will cost you a lot of your driving time doing the actual pit-stop.

RE: Safe driving Bonus - James - 2011-11-24 09:50

Noobs pit ?

Most noobs I see dont bother pitting, they just keep driving with a just barely driveable cube that used to be an XFG.

RE: Safe driving Bonus - Aus - 2011-11-24 15:06

I say keep it the way it is. [Image: scottishface.png]

RE: Safe driving Bonus - Elmo - 2011-11-24 20:49

(2011-11-23 16:24)Pipa Wrote:  A step into the right idea would be to make people actually do a pit-stop to repair their car again. (Like it was some time ago)

We've never done this. Before safe zones, you could pit wherever you liked. I can't remember whether the 5min timeout was added before, after or the same time as safezones.

IIRC the idea to force an actual pit stop was floated around internally in the old forum. Personally, I think that would be much more preferable to 1 stop per 100km (over an hour?) which is hardly frequently, especially if you've picked the wrong setup.

We already plan to make a few changes to our system, including the possibility of encouraging people to make proper pit stops. However, there will always be the problem of not being able to return to the pitlane due to the fault of someone else, particularly if an actual penalty is involved. So I'm not sure what, if anything, will be changed to do with the safezones/free pit/timer combination we have now.

RE: Safe driving Bonus - Pete - 2011-11-24 20:53

What he means is that we couldn't keep our KMs by pitting in safe zones.

RE: Safe driving Bonus - Pipa - 2011-11-24 21:16

(2011-11-24 20:49)Elmo Wrote:  which is hardly frequently, especially if you've picked the wrong setup.

100km was just a quick idea and that value can go up and down. There are obviously a few disadvantages, but noticing that you selected a wrong setup doesn't take long and you would loose < 2-3kms tops.

(2011-11-24 20:53)Lampshade Wrote:  What he means is that we couldn't keep our KMs by pitting in safe zones.

Correct. A 1000km run was a lot harder when you couldn't pit a single time.

RE: Safe driving Bonus - Pete - 2011-11-24 21:51

It was also annoying because you were stuck in the same car for its duration.

RE: Safe driving Bonus - Josh - 2011-11-24 22:17

(2011-11-24 21:51)Lampshade Wrote:  It was also annoying because you were stuck in the same car for its duration.

Agreed. It was basically a case of "I'll do a KM run, so I'll make sure I have a car/set/skin I want to stick with, and if I suddenly feel like being a cop, tough."

And of course, this sort of thing only makes a difference to people who are bothered about KM/money at the time of driving. If someone is driving and not bothered about money/KMs then this doesn't really change their driving.

Josh.

RE: Safe driving Bonus - Pipa - 2011-11-25 08:28

(2011-11-24 21:51)Lampshade Wrote:  It was also annoying because you were stuck in the same car for its duration.

True, but to me it seems awfully easy to make a km run. You can crash multiple times and still make it in around 10 hours to 1000kms.
My idea would be to take aknowledge both sides/ideas and meet in the middle.

(2011-11-24 22:17)Josh Wrote:  this doesn't really change their driving.

Spot on, thats the whole point of Bonuses. Give those who drive carefully over a certain distance a money advantage over those who can't or don't.

RE: Safe driving Bonus - Pete - 2011-11-25 13:50

I can guarantee, if we were to change it back, there would be complaints.

RE: Safe driving Bonus - Pipa - 2011-11-26 11:27

Well obviously, but who listens to vee,special or mikee?

RE: Safe driving Bonus - Kyllone - 2011-11-26 12:37

Same line with Aus, keep it way it is now

RE: Safe driving Bonus - McGherkin - 2011-11-26 17:59

Using the collision packets is a good idea, but I don't think it'll work. Even though good driving means you have to avoid others as well, you will get hundreds of people whingeing 'you hit me now I've lost my safe driving bonus give me €1000 or report' every time there's a crash.

As for forcing pitstops, just no. I like using whichever car I own whenever I like. If I can't pit to change car/skin/setup then that's a daft idea. Especially if I'm making a cruise setup and I'm trying to work out the gear ratios - I have to pit frequently to make tweaks.